How to spot a Republican:

I neg repped you because your post proves nothing.

I can't recall how many times I've heard this joke with a dem in the balloon...

Whether or not that is the first incarnation of this joke (which you have failed to prove), it was definitely the first political incarnation.

For the Dems to attempt to convert such a well known joke is totally lame.

Edit - Here it is posted a year and a half ago, right here on USMB. http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor/76226-obama-joke.html#post1208292

Last edited:
:eusa_eh:

Thought I was popping in to read a joke...instead a fight broke out..:doubt:

Well the pusillanimous poltroon crawls out of his spider hole!

It proves more than anything you've posted so far since you have yet to even post the joke with Dem and Rep reversed!

The first version I posted was the original version of the engineer joke and the second one I posted was the later modified version of the engineer joke that was even later turned in to a political joke.

Post the earliest dated version of the joke as you say it first existed, and I'll post an earlier dated existence of the engineer version.
Come on you little chickenshit, prove me wrong!
fuck off moron
Translation: You know the joke started out as engineer and management and then was plagiarized by both CON$ and Libs, but as a CON$ervative you are too dishonest to admit you are wrong, and even worse that I am Right!
Thank you.
I still OWN you! :rofl:

You own no one. And Dive most definitely DOES admit it when he is wrong.

Whether of not that is the first incarnation of this joke (which you have failed to prove) or not, it was definitely the first political incarnation.

For the Dems to attempt to convert it is lame.
No more lame than CON$ attempting to convert it from its original form!

But you are consistent with the first quote in my sig, you have proven nothing also.

And whether the first incarnation of the joke was political or not is the essence of my argument with DumbCon, who mocked Libs for plagiarizing what he alleges CON$ had plagiarized, er .... er .... created first.

I'll offer you the same challenge, post the earliest dated political incarnation of the joke and I'll post an earlier dated version of the engineer/management version. The joke didn't become political until AFTER the later expanded second version of the engineer/management joke. If you were as observant as a Cynic you would have seen the political version copies the format of the later longer version of the engineer/management joke.

Originally Posted by DiveCon
but kinda funny that the liberals at that site had to plagiarize it

LOL

First shorter version:

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below said, "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of absolutely no use to anyone."

The man below said, "You must be in management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."

Later longer version:

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts, "Excuse me. Can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below says, "Yes, you are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 40 feet above this field. You are between 46 & 48 degrees N latitude and between 52 & 56 degrees W. longitude."

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct but I have no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below says, "You must be a Manager"

"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," says the man below, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met but now it is somehow my fault."

fuck off moron
Translation: You know the joke started out as engineer and management and then was plagiarized by both CON$ and Libs, but as a CON$ervative you are too dishonest to admit you are wrong, and even worse that I am Right!
Thank you.

Not when I expose his mistakes!

Thank you.

Guess YOU don't have the magic touch. :lol:

Thank you.

it was a joke you fucking moron

:lol:
shit you are a total fucking hyperpartisan moron

and this wasnt a mistake as you have yet to prove which was first

it was a joke you fucking moron

:lol:
shit you are a total fucking hyperpartisan moron

and this wasnt a mistake as you have yet to prove which was first
You have yet to prove in what year CON$ plagiarized it first!!!!

When you or anyone else posts a dated political version I will post an earlier dated version of the engineer/management joke.

Whether or not that is the first incarnation of this joke (which you have failed to prove), it was definitely the first political incarnation.

Edit - Here it is posted a year and a half ago, right here on USMB. http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor/76226-obama-joke.html#post1208292
Only a year and a half ago, that's a pretty feeble try, but at least you tried that's more than I can say for DumbCon.

Here is the later longer version of the engineer/management joke from Aug 28, 1999, #425 at bottom of the page, and I STILL have an earlier posting of the shorter first version!

Work Jokes - AJokeADay.com - Jokes... Jokes... Jokes... Jokes... Jokes...

leave it to edthemoron to make a joke thread in the HUMOR forum serious

what a fucking moron

Only a year and a half ago, that's a pretty feeble try, but at least you tried that's more than I can say for DumbCon.

Here is the later longer version of the engineer/management joke from Aug 28, 1999, #425 at bottom of the page, and I STILL have an earlier posting of the shorter first version!

Political joke back to at least 2001.

republican hot air balloon joke - Google Search

Last I checked 1999 precedes 2001, so the CON$ are still plagiarists.

I know this isn't going to penetrate, but what the heck, I got a couple minutes to waste.

Changing a 1999 niche joke into a funny political joke a couple years later...not lame.

Trying to reverse an established political joke 10 years later...totally lame.

I don't expect you to understand Ed, but you can't blame me for trying.

Last edited:

I know this isn't going to penetrate, but what the heck, I got a couple minutes to waste.

Changing a 1999 niche joke into a funny political joke a couple years later...not lame.

Trying to reverse an established political joke 10 years later...totally lame.

I don't expect you to understand Ed, but you can't blame me for trying.

Changing a 1999 niche joke into a funny political joke a couple years later...PLAGIARISM.

Trying to reverse an "established???" political joke THE SAME DAY... still PLAGIARISM.

I don't expect you to understand, but you can't blame me for trying.

From your linked search dated Feb 1, 2001, so who established their plagiarized version first?

All Jokes | Reader's Digest
Feb 1, 2001 - The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats. A woman in a hot-air balloon is lost, so she shouts to a man below, "Excuse me. I promised a . ...
The Difference Between Republicans and Democrats | Daily Life Jokes | Reader's Digest

A woman in a hot-air balloon is lost, so she shouts to a man below, "Excuse me. I promised a friend I would meet him, but I don't know where I am."

"You're at 31 degrees, 14.57 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude," he replies.

"You must be a Democrat."

"I am. How did you know?"

"Because everything you told me is technically correct, but the information is useless, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've been no help."

"You must be a Republican."

"Yes. How did you know?"

"You've risen to where you are due to a lot of hot air, you made a promise you couldn't keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

Forum List

Back