How to solve the housing crisis and stop the bailout of AIG

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
I did not write this but i thought it was pretty brilliant just the same... .it was sent to me in an email.... I don't have a link but don't want anyone screaming plagarisim...

I'm against the $85 BILLION bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a "We Deserve It" dividend. To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide U.S. citizens, aged 18+.

Our population is about 301 million counting every man, woman and child. So, 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. Now, divide 200 million, 18+ adults into $85 billion - that equals $425,000.00 each! Yes, my plan is to give that $425,000 to every adult as a "We Deserve It" dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So, let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Everyone would pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25.5 billion right back to Uncle Sam! It also means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife would have $595,000.00!

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00?
• Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.
• Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads.
• Put away money for college – it'll really be there.
• Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
• Buy a new car – create jobs .
• Invest in the market – capital drives growth.
• Pay for your parent's medical insurance – health care improves.
• Enable deadbeat parents to come clean – or else.
Remember this is for every adult U.S. citizen, 18 and older (including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehmann Brothers and every other company that is cutting back) and of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it! Instead of trickling out a puny $1,000.00 "economic incentive".

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U.S. citizen!

As for AIG – liquidate it.
• Sell off its parts.
• Let American General go back to being American General.
• Sell off the real estate.
• Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.
We deserve the money and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea, but can you imagine the coast-to-coast block party?!

How do you spell Economic Boom? W-e D-e-s-e-r-v-e I-t d-i-v-i-d-e-n-d! I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion "We Deserve It" dividend more than do the 'geniuses' at AIG or in Washington, D.C..

And remember, my plan only really costs $59.5 billion because $25.5 billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Good idea? I think so.

Last edited:
Are we giving this to every adult, or every tax paying adult? That's a lot of money to give to the crackhead who stands outside my apartments begging for money. But you do realize that 85 billion divided by 200 million is only $425, right?

Last edited:
it would cost $59.5 trillion to give everyone $297,500. youre math is bad

Are we giving this to every adult, or every tax paying adult? That's a lot of money to give to the crackhead who stands outside my apartments begging for money. But you do realize that 85 billion divided by 200 million is only $425, right?

I guess you missed the part where i said I DID NOT WRITE IT!??

it says 18+ so I assume they mean all legal citizens over the age of 18....

I guess you imagined the part where I said you did.

And yeah, even if we did do something like this, I wouldn't give money to everyone over 18. Fuck deadbeats.

I also didn't get our my calculator to check the math... :lol:

I would assume that anyone who was eligible would need a valid address and social security number for the gov to track them down and send them a check...wouldn't you?

Why is my idea not sticking with you guys.

Here it is again:

If your home went down $30K, then you go re-negotiate your mortgage with your bank. So now you owe $30k less. Congrats. What are you going to do? Go spend it? Pay off your debt? Great!

If your home is already paid off, then you can go to the city and get your taxes re assessed.

The banks won't be flooded with foreclosures either. People will want to own their houses again, and be able to afford them.

Why are we paying the banks high interest for 30 years on a $200k when our home is only worth $170? And they caused the market to crash.

What they are trying to do right now in Washington is give us taxpayers all the bad loans AND get to keep the good loans, that we all have to pay, and our homes aren't even worth what we owe those mother fuckers.

Why aren't we SCREAMING for this?

Why is my idea not sticking with you guys.

Here it is again:

If your home went down $30K, then you go re-negotiate your mortgage with your bank. So now you owe $30k less. Congrats. What are you going to do? Go spend it? Pay off your debt? Great!

If your home is already paid off, then you can go to the city and get your taxes re assessed.

The banks won't be flooded with foreclosures either. People will want to own their houses again, and be able to afford them.

Why are we paying the banks high interest for 30 years on a $200k when our home is only worth $170? And they caused the market to crash.

What they are trying to do right now in Washington is give us taxpayers all the bad loans AND get to keep the good loans, that we all have to pay, and our homes aren't even worth what we owe those mother fuckers.

Why aren't we SCREAMING for this?
because if your house drops in value, it has NOTHING to do with the amount you BORROWED to buy it

this is such a stupid idea no one would sign onto it

New Topics

Forum List

Back