How to solve the growing fresh water-shortage crisis.

Save water close down golf courses and car washes...
How are going to save the planet without more courses to pump desalinated ocean water on and stop oceans from drowning us
I say pump salt water and let the grass die
then you'll have desert golf with dune buggies -
much more entertaining.

Here's how you get to the 18th at the Grand Canyon Classic in Arizona...
RKetv.gif

View attachment 259089
Sorry that's not earth friendly transport,,,probably killed some endangered mites or something.

Nuclear powered desalination.....if you're serious about it.
To make it cost effective on the scale that is needed, you almost have to go the nuclear route, don't you?
What ? In a city like San Diego you have tidal power, wind power and solar power and the option of using any or all of the above. A large enough operation would generate more than enough power without relying on the main grids.

Fukushima comes to mind when I hear nuclear and ocean in the same sentence. A plant could run off a conventional grid , solar, wind, tidal or any combination of them.
Yeah.
Nuclear in that area probably isn't a good option.
Considering the multiple fault lines in the area as the Pacific plate moves slowly towards Alaska.

The latest technology in nuclear power is small modular reactors, which are nearly impervious to earthquakes. Any major de-sal push will have to have a huge source of electricity (and a source of water for cooling) and wind or solar just won't cut it.

Exhibit A of forced engineering solutions to the issues created by climate change. The first of many. Dig it.

How are going to save the planet without more courses to pump desalinated ocean water on and stop oceans from drowning us
much more entertaining.

RKetv.gif

View attachment 259089
Sorry that's not earth friendly transport,,,probably killed some endangered mites or something.
Microbes I think it was...Just think of the atoms you are destroying by breathing...And don't think about bathing anymore.

Fukushima comes to mind when I hear nuclear and ocean in the same sentence. A plant could run off a conventional grid , solar, wind, tidal or any combination of them.
Yeah.
Nuclear in that area probably isn't a good option.
Considering the multiple fault lines in the area as the Pacific plate moves slowly towards Alaska.
Doesn't southern Cal already have 3 or 4 ? Diablo Canyon is near LA, I believe, and there may be 2 near San Diego.
I'm pretty sure there are only about 15 states that don't have nuclear power.

Last edited:
much more entertaining.

RKetv.gif

View attachment 259089
No those dune buggies run on hydrogen.

Speaking of nukes, it looks like if warming trends continue and hurricanes start to hit farther north ( like Sandy) the NE could be in trouble. Hope they learned some lessons about backup generators from Fukushima.

Nuclear power plants in the US.

us_nuclear_map.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back