How To Save Your Ass If You Plan To Visit Wisconsin

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
HOW TO SAVE YOUR ASS IF YOU PLAN TO VISIT WISCONSIN THIS SUMMER ISSUED BY THE WISCONSIN BUREAU OF TOURISM TO ALL VISITORS:

1) Don't order Filet Mignon or Pasta Primavera at Al's Lodge. It's a diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If
you upset the ladies in the kitchen, they'll kick your ass.

2) Don't laugh at the names of our little towns (Sheboygan, Menomonee, Nekoosa, Prairie du Chien, etc.) or we will just have to kick your ass.

3) Don't order a bottle or a can of pop here. Here it's called "soda." Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.

4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you are. We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as a
bunch of hicks or we'll kick your ass.

5) We have plenty of business sense. You have to to make a living here. Naturally, we do sometimes have small lapses in judgment from time to
time, but we are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state in order to run for the Senate and let her win. If someone tried to do that, we would kick her ass.

6) Don't laugh at our giant fiberglass fish and cows. Anything that inspires tourists to buy 50,000 postcards can't be bad. And don't laugh at our love
and pride of cheese or we'll kick your ass.

7) We are fully aware of how cold it gets here in the winter, so shut up. Just spend your money and get the hell out of here or we'll kick your ass.

8) Don't order the vegetarian special at the local diner. Everyone will instantly know that you're a tourist. Eat your steak rare like God intended
and have some potatoes with that, for heaven's sake! Also, don't ask what a hot dish is or we'll kick your ass.

9) Don't try to fake a Wisconsin accent. We don't have an accent. That will incite a riot and you will get your ass kicked.

10) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know better. Many of us have visited big-city hell-holes like Detroit, New York
and Chicago, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, interstate 90, 94 and 43 are ready when you are. Move your ass on home
before it gets kicked.

11) Don't complain that Wisconsin has too many mosquitoes and farmland. If you whine about OUR scenic beauty we'll kick your ass all the way back to
Chicago.

12) Don't ridicule our manners. We only speak when spoken to. We hold doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks because such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet, little gray-haired grandmothers or they will kick some manners into your ass just like they did ours.

13) So you think we're quaint or losers because most of us live on the farm or in the woods? That's because we have enough sense to not live in
filthy, smelly, crime-infested cesspools like New York or LA. Make fun of our fresh air and we'll kick your ass.

14) Oshkosh B'gosh is NOT a joke. Your ass will be kicked.

15) The Green Bay Packers are not a joke. God created the greatest football dynasty ever and placed it in Green Bay. Any jokes about the Packers or
Vince Lombardi will result in a severe and unrelenting ass kicking.

16) If you are from Atlanta, for your own safety, say you are from somewhere else, lest you get your ass kicked. (Take three sports franchises from
Milwaukee and we have a tendency to hold a grudge.)

17) If you are looking for a water fountain, you'll need to go to a park. Water comes out of bubblers here. Make a joke about it, and you guessed
it, another ass kicking.

18) Sausage Races are cool. Make fun of it, and one of the Sausages will come up from the field of Miller Park and lay down a 8 foot sausage ass
kicking on you.

19) The University of Wisconsin is the oldest, best school in the Big Ten. Any jokes about the quality of UW will result in Barry Alvarez, Ron Dayne,
Dick Bennett, Bo Ryan, Crazylegs Hirsch, Alan Ameche, Pat Richter, and any able bodied UW students assisting Bucky Badger in his class, Ass-Kicking 101.

20) Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come out here and tell us that hunting is cruelty to animals and venison is not edible meat. This will get your ass shot (after it is kicked). Say this twice and you will go home in a pine box. Minus your ass.

Now enjoy your visit and then go home!

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
It's a like a casserole, normally consisting of some form of potato or other starch, a meat, and a vegetable mixed together with some type of sauce. It's good with simple seasoning; pepper, salt, maybe a little hot sauce.

Now, who knows what a Pastie is? (pronounced "Past-ee" and not the strip-club way "Pay-stee")

The ClayTaurus said:
It's a like a casserole, normally consisting of some form of potato or other starch, a meat, and a vegetable mixed together with some type of sauce. It's good with simple seasoning; pepper, salt, maybe a little hot sauce.

<b>Now, who knows what a Pastie is? (pronounced "Past-ee" and not the strip-club way "Pay-stee")</b>

*raises hand* (beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a pastry crust) And the best could be bought on Burleigh St. in Milwaukee, freshly made, tho they're now sold in grocery stores under the same name.

Add a little ketchup, and YUM!!!

The ClayTaurus said:

Now, who knows what a Pastie is? (pronounced "Past-ee" and not the strip-club way "Pay-stee")
Oooh, I know! We learned all about pasties on our trip to Lk Superior! They're yummy! Meat, potatoes, veggies wrapped in a pastry.

Shattered said:
*raises hand* (beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a pastry crust) And the best could be bought on Burleigh St. in Milwaukee, freshly made, tho they're now sold in grocery stores under the same name.

Add a little ketchup, and YUM!!!
My neighbor (MI native) likes butter on them.

The ClayTaurus said:
Who knows the story behind how the Pastie was invented?

I used to, but can't remember for the life of me. Do I get a failing grade now? Am I forced to move out of Wisconsin? Am I no longer worthy?

HOW TO SAVE YOUR ASS IF YOU PLAN TO VISIT WISCONSIN THIS SUMMER ISSUED BY THE WISCONSIN BUREAU OF TOURISM TO ALL VISITORS:

I'm still confused.

People want to go to Wisconsin?

*ducks*

Shattered said:

crystal-yacht-arch.jpg

Shattered said:
Candyass. :)

Come down here in August when it's 100 degrees with saturation humidity and do what I do all day during many summers (work at a Scout Camp where the only building with AC is the first aid building), then say that.

KarlMarx said:
Generally, someone that looks like Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson

Paris Hilton? Pamela Anderson?

Are those you're top two choices KM? :confused:

Hobbit said:
Come down here in August when it's 100 degrees with saturation humidity and do what I do all day during many summers (work at a Scout Camp where the only building with AC is the first aid building), then say that.

Here ya go Hobbit...

15 Ways to Avoid a Good Suthern Ass Whuppin
Issued by the Southern Tourism Bureau
Published 05. 22. 02 at 14:25 Sierra Time

To ALL visiting Northerners And Northeastern Urbanites:

1) Don't order filet mignon or pasta primavera at Waffle House. It's just a diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If you confuse them, they'll kick your ass.

2) Don't laugh at our Southern names (Merlene, Bodie, Ovine, Luther Ray, Tammy Lynn, Darla Beth, Laura Jo Inez, Billy Joe, Sissy, Clovis, Perky, Becky Sue, etc.). Or we will just HAVE to kick your ass.

3) Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda down here. Down here it's called Coke. Nobody gives a flying damn whether it's Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up or whatever- it's still a Coke. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.

4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you (e.g.,Welty, Williams, Faulkner). We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as a bunch of hillbillies, or we'll kick your ass.

5) We have plenty of business sense (e.g., Fred Smith of Fed Ex, Turner Broadcasting, MCI WorldCom, MTV, Netscape). Naturally, we do, sometimes, have small lapses in judgment (e.g., Carter, Edwards, Duke, Barnes, Clinton). We don't care if you think we are dumb. We are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state in order to run for the Senate. If someone tried to do that, we would kick their ass.

6) Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Longstreet and flanked Meade at Gettysburg instead of sending Pickett up the middle, you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit ! Stone Mountain and complain about the carving, we'll kick your ass.

7) We are fully aware of how high the humidity is, so shut the hell up. Just spend your money and get the hell out of here, or we'll kick your ass.

8) Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly know that you're a Yankee. Eat your biscuits like God intended - with gravy. And don't EVER put sugar on your grits, or we'll kick your ass.

9) Don't fake a Southern accent. This will incite a riot, and you will get your ass kicked.

10) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know better. Many of us have visited Northern s***holes like Detroit, Chicago, and DC, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Delta is ready when you are. Move your ass on home before it gets kicked.

11) Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we don't want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand what we are saying. All other Southerners understand what we are saying, and that's all that matters. Now, go away and leave us alone, or we'll kick your ass.

12) Don't complain that the South is dirty and polluted. None of OUR lakes or rivers have caught fire recently. If you whine about OUR scenic beauty, we'll kick your ass all the way back to Boston Harbor.

13) Don't ridicule our Southern manners. We say sir and ma'am. We hold doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks because such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet little gray-haired grandmothers or they'll kick some manners into your ass just like they did ours.

14) So you think we're quaint or losers because most of us live in the countryside? That's because we have enough sense to not live in filthy, smelly, crime-infested cesspools like New York or Baltimore. Make fun of our fresh air, and we'll kick your ass.

15) Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come down here and tell us how to cook barbecue. This will get your ass shot (right after it is kicked). You're lucky we let you come down here at all. Criticize our barbecue, and you will go home in a pine box.. . . Minus your ass!

http://www.sierratimes.com/02/05/23/dxst052302.htm

Pale Rider said:
Here ya go Hobbit...

OMG, that just made...my...day. And considering that Arkansas beat Tennessee 73-69 in the last minute today (take that, you damn armchair quarterbacks who said we weren't worth anything), that's saying a lot.

BTW, number 15 drives me crazy. I lived 5 years in Tennessee, home of the definitive, worldwide BBQ cooking contest, and 12 years in Arkansas, where the winning team typically comes from. Throwing some meat on a grill isn't BBQ any more than a ground up cow anus is a steak. BBQ is f-ing PORK cooked for at least 6 hours in a smoker with a high quality smoking wood, preferably hickory for 8 or more hours (claiming mesquite is better is a dead giveaway that you learned all you know about smoking from a Texan). The sauce doesn't matter as much as the marinade and the technique. In fact, if the BBQ is good, the sauce can be nothing more than an afterthought. If pork is not used, then the word barbeque can only be used as a verb. The four catagories in the definitive contest mentioned above are: pork rib, pork shoulder, whole hog, and anything but pork (a very interesting catagory that has been known to include possum and armadillo, though deer is one of the most popular).

Pale Rider said:
Paris Hilton? Pamela Anderson?

Are those you're top two choices KM? :confused:
no.. I had a brain freeze and those were the first two names that popped into my head....

my style is more like Audrey Hepburn or Grace Slick in their heydey... but then you have to keep up with the times...

Forum List

Back