How to save America...move your money

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Since the stimulus flowed billions into the banks and in return they took the money and purchased more banks, rather than loan it to small business people are fighting mad.

People are mad at credit card company’s and banks who are raising interest rates sky high and in once case as high as 75 percent interest. Citizens are taping Youtube videos showing themselves closing their accounts in large banks. More Americans are trading their banks in from Wall Street to Main Street and flooding community credit unions with massive deposits leaving Wall Street’s vaults bare.

Huffington Post’s Arianna Huffington has led the charge that makes sense and people like April Schiller from Seattle Washington are removing their money from the major banks. People are turning in the Chase Bank Accounts for small town banks in their own towns and as April Schiller said she was even thrilled when they sent her a hand written Christmas card. She also liked the fact that people knew her at her bank and the personal touches made a big difference in how she felt about banking.

The trust of large corporations and banks is gone in America and small grass roots campaigns are proving successful in turning the tides back to power in the hands of the consumer.

She stated to ABC News that the response has been tremendous and on the site you put in your zip code and they will find you a local community bank.

The banks are solvent and secure banks on this site. You can access at:

Move Your Money

Fight back, game on.

Your Bank is Just Not Into You-Move Your Money.org |

As a center-right independent, I often don't agree with Chris, but his point here is EXCELLENT. This is a capitalist society, and one of your greatest sources of power is to move your capital. I don't want these NY banks determining what gets financed in Central Virginia, never mind anything else they might do. Whether you're GOP, Dem, or Independent, local banking is much better for your community that putting your money in Shittybank.

I already have all of my money in safe places. I have the bulk of my wealth, $9.43 under the mattress. I have the other $3.90 behind the book titled "War and Peace" on the bookshelf. Please don't tell anybody.

I already have all of my money in safe places. I have the bulk of my wealth, $9.43 under the mattress. I have the other $3.90 behind the book titled "War and Peace" on the bookshelf. Please don't tell anybody.

I already had a break-in this year...

The robber felt sorry for me and left me $10 and a coupon for a free Dunkin' Donuts coffee...

If you're out there, man, thanks...

Ironically, if people do this on a wide scale this will ensure that those banks do fail and Americans lose lots of their money

As a center-right independent, I often don't agree with Chris, but his point here is EXCELLENT. This is a capitalist society, and one of your greatest sources of power is to move your capital. I don't want these NY banks determining what gets financed in Central Virginia, never mind anything else they might do. Whether you're GOP, Dem, or Independent, local banking is much better for your community that putting your money in Shittybank.

Did Chris make a point? Damn, I missed it. Seems to me all he did is what he always does, cut, paste, link. No actual thought or opinion of his own.

While this looks like a good idea in theory, as with most theories written by dumbasses, there is no consideration of the long term consequences.

While the bank bail outs may have been distasteful and I certainly don't defend the behavior of the banks either before or since the bail outs... the fact is that, had we done nothing and allowed the banks to fail, the USA would have become a third world nation overnight. Each and every individual in this country would have lost everything - and would not have even been able to access cash through an ATM.

Plutocrat! I am burning with envy that you are 120 times as wealthy as me!

Plutocrat! I am burning with envy that you are 120 times as wealthy as me!

Fear not! The wealth that BBD has accumulated is, by right, partially yours. We will redistribute it shortly.

Ironically, if people do this on a wide scale this will ensure that those banks do fail and Americans lose lots of their money

No, it will insure that the people who destroyed the economy will lose their jobs.

And it will reward banks and credit unions that are responsible and consumer oriented.

It really is our only way to fight back. Screw the big banks and the insurance companies.

Did Chris make a point? Damn, I missed it. Seems to me all he did is what he always does, cut, paste, link. No actual thought or opinion of his own.

While this looks like a good idea in theory, as with most theories written by dumbasses, there is no consideration of the long term consequences.

While the bank bail outs may have been distasteful and I certainly don't defend the behavior of the banks either before or since the bail outs... the fact is that, had we done nothing and allowed the banks to fail, the USA would have become a third world nation overnight. Each and every individual in this country would have lost everything - and would not have even been able to access cash through an ATM.

I made a point and you missed it.

No one said anything about not bailing out the banks.

But we should reward the banks that are responsible by putting our money there.

More idiocy from Chris. Egged on by Obama. This President is going to destroy the economy.

More idiocy from RGS.

The derivative bubble destroyed the economy.

Obama is going to make it so it doesn't happen again.

Are you really this stupid?

The vast majority of people who work for those banks are just ordinary Americans, trying to make a living. It makes me sick that people like you couldn't give a shit who suffers for your stupid arrogant views.

The vast majority of people who work for those banks are just ordinary Americans, trying to make a living. It makes me sick that people like you couldn't give a shit who suffers for your stupid arrogant views.

I makes me sick that you want to give money to the people that destroyed our economy.

You really don't get it, do you?

Forum List

Back