How to Reunite the Republican Party?

If there is, I certainly can't see it.

I've given up on the party, anyway. It's only good for voting for conservatives that I like, in primaries, like Sabrin earlier this year. Otherwise, it's a GARBAGE party.

I'm not even sure I like where the LP is going these days.

I'll probably be voting for Baldwin, but I still may write in Paul.

I've given up on the party, anyway. It's only good for voting for conservatives that I like, in primaries, like Sabrin earlier this year. Otherwise, it's a GARBAGE party.

I'm not even sure I like where the LP is going these days.

I'll probably be voting for Baldwin, but I still may write in Paul.

It was a shame that Sabrin lost, but at least BJ Lawson is giving David Price a good fight in North Carolina. I was happy to donate some money to Lawson, he's got a very sound message.

What's wrong with the LP? You just don't like Barr, which I can understand, or something else?

Baldwin's not a terrible choice, but I don't like his "traditional marriage, traditional family" rhetoric; or his protectionist ideas. You may want to check whether a candidate has to file for write-in candidacy in your state before you write-in Ron Paul, or your vote may simply be thrown away.

Get the neo-cons out of power and return the GOP to it's conservative roots.

This is the absolute gospel. Eisenhower warned us of this possibility. The Neocons: Cheney, Rummy, Shultz, Bruce Jackson and arguably Henry Kissinger, have taken advantage of the American people and profited greatly from 9/11, Iraq etc. Americans (especially Republicans) should be OUTRAGED.

It was a shame that Sabrin lost, but at least BJ Lawson is giving David Price a good fight in North Carolina. I was happy to donate some money to Lawson, he's got a very sound message.

What's wrong with the LP? You just don't like Barr, which I can understand, or something else?

Baldwin's not a terrible choice, but I don't like his "traditional marriage, traditional family" rhetoric; or his protectionist ideas. You may want to check whether a candidate has to file for write-in candidacy in your state before you write-in Ron Paul, or your vote may simply be thrown away.

We really thought Sabrin had a great shot, too. I won't cry shenanigans, but something certainly seemed weird about the totals.

I agree with the traditional family message, though. I don't care if you're gay, it's none of my business, but I do think the family unit and proper parenting in this country is falling apart.

We're outsourcing our parenting now in this country, and it's sad.

As far as my vote being thrown away, everytime I push the button I already feel like it is anyway.

I don't feel good after voting in this country. I hate touch screen machines, and I hate the lack of paper trail.

How to Reunite the Republican Party?

Pretty simple, really.

Just give the democraps enough rope to hang themselves.

Power corrupts.

Now if Obama is the man I hope he is, he won't let the Dems in Congress use the government like a bank card to make THEIR cronnies rich at the expesne of the Republic.

But keeping the Democrapic insiders on that short leash isn't going to be easy.

It really does all depend on whether enough Dems (and some Rs to be sure...I suggest you all look at Olympia Snowe and Collins from Maine as examples of what I think of as basically stand up Rs) can keep their eye on the prize.

And what is that prize?

Thinking about the well being of the people and their republic as a whole, rather than imagining that these gangsters petty corruptions (a billion hear a billion there, the people will never notice!) don't ultimately add up to an insolvent and ineffective government.

The Republican party won't die in the next couple years, believe me.

There's some good people in that party, some of them in leadership positions, too, and they'll be waiting for the Dems to screw up.

Don't despair, Republicans.

The GOP is far more resiliant than you might think.

Last edited:
Pretty simple, really.

Just give the democraps enough rope to hang themselves.

Power corrupts.

Now if Obama is the man I hope he is, he won't let the Dems in Congress use the government like a bank card to make THEIR cronnies rich at the expesne of the Republic.

But keeping the Democrapic insiders on that short leash isn't going to be easy.

It really does all depend on whether enough Dems (and some Rs to be sure...I suggest you all look at Olympia Snowe and Collins from Maine as examples of what I think of as basically stand up Rs) can keep their eye on the prize.

And what is that prize?

Thinking about the well being of the people and their republic as a whole, rather than imagining that these gangsters petty corruptions (a billion hear a billion there, the people will never notice!) don't ultimately add up to an insolvent and ineffective government.

The Republican party won't die in the next couple years, believe me.

There's some good people in that party, some of them in leadership positions, too, and they'll be waiting for the Dems to screw up.

Don't despair, Republicans.

The GOP is far more resiliant than you might think.

The people never DO seem to notice the corruption. Certain factions within the GOP have been stealing from the taxpayer for years and nobody seems to notice or care. It'll be interesting to see where and how corruption will manifest itself under Democratic leadership. On a scorecord, the Republican machine is ahead by hundreds of billions of dollars, but that's simply because of their recently demonstrated abilitites to con the American public, and seemingly, the hapless Democratic power base. There MAY be some good people within the party, but it's been the same crooks running the party since the 80s. The party needs to be purged of these people.

Stay out of the Bushes...

Get REAL conservatives...

Nobody likes Mccain.....Gov. sarah is not too bright..

Get an intelligent.candidate..Not a military man...or a Huckabee

Kick out all of the extremists right wing religious, small minded, blinkered, racists...which would leave about 30 people in the party...I am sure they would all be able to get along then.

How about a leader with conservative vision?

The democrats languished in the corrupt spew of extremists like Nancy Pelosi and Barny Frank even while they had power. The people were lukewarm at best and any support came from the extreme left being safely pandered to.

It took the leadership and vision of Obama to use the democratic party as a vehicle to national power by attracting moderates dejected by the failure of trickle-down economics.

If the republican party can produce an eloquent leader with vision, tolerance for alternative to Christian lifestyles and a renunciation of all that trickle-down voodoo economics bullshit, moderate American voters and national power will once again be attracted to the right.

-Joe

Last edited:
How about a leader with conservative vision?

The democrats languished in the corrupt spew of extremists like Nancy Pelosi and Barny Frank even while they had power. The people were lukewarm at best and any support came from the extreme left being safely pandered to.

It took the leadership and vision of Obama to use the democratic party as a vehicle to national power by attracting moderates dejected by the failure of trickle-down economics.

If the republican party can produce an eloquent leader with vision, tolerance for alternative to Christian lifestyles and a renunciation of all that trickle-down voodoo economics bullshit, moderate Americans will once again find attraction to the right.

-Joe

Good post.

One word:

Demographics.

You cons need to stop being the Party of straight, white christians.

That's the bottom line. Being a party of white people is a sure one way ticket to political extinction. Demographics are working against you. And rapidly.

If you keep alienating blacks, hispanics, jews, muslims, non-christians, and gays, your going to be a regional party of the South for decades to come. Guaranteed.

I have no interest is helping the GOP to save itself, but I would seriously reconsider your xenophobic and race baiting positions on immigration, civil rights, gay marriage, and abortion.

Forum List

Back