How To Repeal Health Care

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
How to defund Obamacare | Facebook

How to defund Obamacare
by Mark Levin on Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 3:43pm

How to defund Obamacare. You read it here first.

Set forth in this article:

MMS: Error

which is supportive of Obamacare, is the strategy for defunding Obamcare.

The relevant part:

Repeal of the ACA before 2013is unlikely. Both houses of Congress would have to enact repeal legislation, which President Barack Obama would surely veto. Then,two thirds of both houses would have to vote to override that veto. After 2012, however, repeal could occur if Republicans win the White House and both houses of Congress and stick by their pledge.​

Might be too late. Many people like the fact that there is no longer a lifetime limit, there is no refusing coverage for pre-existing conditions, children can stay on the policy while attending college, and women may patronize whichever obgyn they please.

Might be too late. Many people like the fact that there is no longer a lifetime limit, there is no refusing coverage for pre-existing conditions, children can stay on the policy while attending college, and women may patronize whichever obgyn they please.

It is possible that is the reason for the right's rush to kill the healthcare reform. People may actually like it? And make it impossible to kill.
Gotta move fast!

Not from all the polls, from CNN to Rasmussen. BTW, 'kids' could always stay on parents healthcare through college, to age 24.

How to repeal Obamacare ... After 2012, however, repeal could occur if Republicans win the White House and both houses of Congress and stick by their pledge.

So have a majority in both chambers that wants repeal and a president sympathetic to the cause? Groundbreaking stuff, good update. :lol:

Not from all the polls, from CNN to Rasmussen. BTW, 'kids' could always stay on parents healthcare through college, to age 24.

If a pollster asked me if I support the health-insurance reform law, I'd say no. Not because I don't like some of the things listed above and others, but because there's no single-payer option, which is a deal-breaker for me... in short, because it's a milquetoast pile of shit with a few gems, but ultimately doesn't go far enough. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

Because everybody get out of college at 22, right? Nobody ever goes for 5 years or even 6 years.

Considering how one must take at least 5 classes a semester, each semester (though it might be more or less dependent on the major) to graduate within four years at my college for example, it is laughable at best to assume such a thing.

Furthermore, this article is evidence that the belief that allowing sons and daughters of parents to stay on their insurance until the age of 24 is not a ridiculous thing at all.

After 4, they need more: Most take 6 years for college degree | Deseret News

HACKENSACK, N.J. — If you're counting on four years of college tuition, think again: It now takes the majority of students at least six years to earn a bachelor's degree.

And the federal government this year began tracking the eight-year graduation rate — an acknowledgment that more students are taking longer than ever before to get their diploma.

"It was a long road," said Dwight Braswell, 30, of his decade-long college career. "It does cost you more, but I got some life experience."

Only about two-thirds of those who start college wind up earning a degree within six years, experts say. And there is growing concern that the U.S. has slipped from first place a generation ago to 12th in the world in the percentage of young adults who have completed college.

Indeed, with tuition at public colleges in New Jersey, for example, topping $10,000 annually and private schools costing as much as three times that, finances remain a prime reason that students take longer to earn a degree and, in many cases, don't make it to the finish line, experts said.

Nationally, only about 36 percent of students finish within four years, according to the federal data. The three-year graduation rate for community college is even more dismal, with less than a quarter earning an associate's degree.

How to repeal Obamacare ... After 2012, however, repeal could occur if Republicans win the White House and both houses of Congress and stick by their pledge.

So have a majority in both chambers that wants repeal and a president sympathetic to the cause? Groundbreaking stuff, good update. :lol:

They've cracked the secret on how to pass their own agenda. They'll be finding out how to pass a law next.

Listen around six minute point. Seems things often stay bad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ8xQPdjJfM[/ame]

How to defund Obamacare

The relevant part:

Repeal of the ACA before 2013is unlikely. Both houses of Congress would have to enact repeal legislation, which President Barack Obama would surely veto. Then,two thirds of both houses would have to vote to override that veto. After 2012, however, repeal could occur if Republicans win the White House and both houses of Congress and stick by their pledge.​

And by the time that happens, a whole bunch of voters will have benefited from many of the provisions. Wishful thinking, Annie. The Republicans will NOT be popular if they set health care reform back yet another decade.

The polls show no such thing. Health care reform remains nearly split across the country (and nobody really takes Rasmussen seriously because of its conservative leaning methodology). Here are ALL THE POLLS on health care reform, as it exists currently, and if you consider the "unsures," you'll see what I mean.

Health Policy

There's also this general poll regarding whether or not the public wants another one-party rule, with no compromising on the major issues. Overwhelmingly, they don't.

RTR101104.GIF

Furthermore, this article is evidence that the belief that allowing sons and daughters of parents to stay on their insurance until the age of 24 is not a ridiculous thing at all.

After 4, they need more: Most take 6 years for college degree | Deseret News

HACKENSACK, N.J. — If you're counting on four years of college tuition, think again: It now takes the majority of students at least six years to earn a bachelor's degree.

And the federal government this year began tracking the eight-year graduation rate — an acknowledgment that more students are taking longer than ever before to get their diploma.

"It was a long road," said Dwight Braswell, 30, of his decade-long college career. "It does cost you more, but I got some life experience."

Only about two-thirds of those who start college wind up earning a degree within six years, experts say. And there is growing concern that the U.S. has slipped from first place a generation ago to 12th in the world in the percentage of young adults who have completed college.

Indeed, with tuition at public colleges in New Jersey, for example, topping $10,000 annually and private schools costing as much as three times that, finances remain a prime reason that students take longer to earn a degree and, in many cases, don't make it to the finish line, experts said.

Nationally, only about 36 percent of students finish within four years, according to the federal data. The three-year graduation rate for community college is even more dismal, with less than a quarter earning an associate's degree.

That last statistic is troubling. I think too many of these kids who can only afford a community college drop out because they are snubbed by peers who get to go to primo schools and because of the general attitude among businesses that community colleges are low quality. It's an attitude adjustment that business in general needs to make. Ironically, often those kids will actually LEARN a subject better in a community college setting because the classes are smaller and there is less oneupmanship among the students. (Also, fewer kids arriving in class hung over. :party: )

We absolutely MUST have health care reform...but this boondoggle Obama and Pelosi created hardly seems worth saving. Toss the whole damned thing out in exchange for some GOP commitments.

There has to be a way to take the profit out of health insurance. (Bad enough we have for-profit hospitals, labs, private ambulance companies, etc.)

I would begin with this baseline: ONE price for the goods and services involved, regardless. Not one for Medicaid, another for Medicare, a third for uninsured and a bazillion more for every private insurer out there...end cost-shifting. If the private insurers are going to insist they act as backroom servicing companies, structure their compensation so that efficiency and fraud detection are rewarded. Provide consumers and providers' employees with whistleblower rewards. Significant rewards. Allow private attorneys to sue for health care fraud on behalf of the taxpayer.

Whatever data is generated by the private insurers/servicing companies is written on the government's source codes and is owned by the taxpayer and NO ONE ELSE.

I liked Trajan's idea of health care savings accounts coupled with major medical. These accounts won't address the needs of the poor and working poor, but they have several advantages.

And it would cheer me up immensely if the GOP would swing a hammer at some of Big Pharma's abuses, like advertising Rx drugs to the general public, or patenting drugs developed at state universities and partially funded by the taxpayers, or bribing MDs to prescribe newer but no better drugs, etc. -- all of which are now tax deductible expenses.

What unrepentant pigs at the trough Big Pharma is.

Last edited:

Because everybody get out of college at 22, right? Nobody ever goes for 5 years or even 6 years.

Considering how one must take at least 5 classes a semester, each semester (though it might be more or less dependent on the major) to graduate within four years at my college for example, it is laughable at best to assume such a thing.

I don't understand your last sentence. You sound as if 5 classes a semester is a hardship or something? That's laughable? How? 5 classes per semester is the norm and always has been as far as I can remember. 12 credits is considered full time.

120 credits is needed for most bachelor degrees. 5 classes per semester (15 credits) times 8 semesters (4 years) = 120 credits.

We absolutely MUST have health care reform...but this boondoggle Obama and Pelosi created hardly seems worth saving. Toss the whole damned thing out in exchange for some GOP commitments.

There has to be a way to take the profit out of health insurance. (Bad enough we have for-profit hospitals, labs, private ambulance companies, etc.)

I would begin with this baseline: ONE price for the goods and services involved, regardless. Not one for Medicaid, another for Medicare, a third for uninsured and a bazillion more for every private insurer out there...end cost-shifting. If the private insurers are going to insist they act as backroom servicing companies, structure their compensation so that efficiency and fraud detection are rewarded. Provide consumers and providers' employees with whistleblower rewards. Significant rewards. Allow private attorneys to sue for health care fraud on behalf of the taxpayer.

Whatever data is generated by the private insurers/servicing companies is written on the government's source codes and is owned by the taxpayer and NO ONE ELSE.

I liked Trajan's idea of health care savings accounts coupled with major medical. These accounts won't address the needs of the poor and working poor, but they have several advantages.

And it would cheer me up immensely if the GOP would swing a hammer at some of Big Pharma's abuses, like advertising Rx drugs to the general public, or patenting drugs developed at state universities and partially funded by the taxpayers, or bribing MDs to prescribe newer but no better drugs, etc. -- all of which are now tax deductible expenses.

What unrepentant pigs at the trough Big Pharma is.

I completely agree with the idea of taking profit out of the health care field. unfortunately this will never happen. Republicans always side with business, especially profitable businesses. and health care insurers and providers are one of the most profitable industries in the world. think about it if, they had to take those billions and billions and reinvest it in patient care? the cost to average consumer would plummet dramatically, but then those who enjoy those profits (executives, lobbyists, senators and congressmen) would up sh*t creek, and lose all those entitlements that they enjoy. this could easily lead to a single payer system in which everyone would be covered for a fraction of the current HC costs. Republicans also believe in the privatization of everything. as recent as 2005 they wanted to privatize social security, and we all know what happened to that. Republicans have always believed that private companies can do everything better than the government. they also know that they will reap the benefits by shifting as much profit as possible to private sector, no matter how high costs rise to. now that a health care reform has actually passed, these will argue about its affect for decades, and nothing will get changed. because as we see the country is split, although most of the people against the bill can not point to exact things that they would change other than the mandate of purchasing HC insurance. i actually heard a great idea from a democratic strategist that might sway the argument one way or the other. and that would be for all the republicans who voted against the HC bill to voluntarily refuse the congressional (government run) health care plan that they are offered. the have all said that they government should not be involved in regulating health care, so i saw they put their money where their mouth is and go out and purchase private insurance policies at market rates, and be subject to the industry they are trying to protect before they open their mouths and try to repeal or replace something that for the most part they are not even subject to.

How's about this for a start: eliminate lobbyists fees from any company or individual's tax deductions. And make the law retroactive to January 2009 (which would be fun, but unconstitutional).

I fail to see why I have to pay for the dinner they arranged so as to have a good time whilst extorting me.

As if it wasn't enough that the health lobbyists lied through the roof and brainwashed half of America into believing things like death panels were in the health care reform bill, they're still at it, now that they think there's a chance a new batch of Republicans will get it repealed.

James Martin, representing the advocacy group "60 Plus Association," appeared on Washington Journal last Saturday morning. I was appalled that no one called him on his outright blanket assertion that "Medicare will be cut by $500 billion" under the new Obamacare. Lying by omission has become an art form with these guys.

The majority of that amount would be from a myriad of changes, the BULK OF WHICH WILL COME FROM NO LONGER SUBSIDIZING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE which pays private insurers for extra coverage out of the standard Medicare funding!!!

Here's the truth. Basic Medicare benefits as they currently exist WILL NOT BE CUT.
PolitiFact | The health care law forces seniors into Barack Obama's government-run health care plan, says Dan Coats
First, some background about how the law handles Medicare.

The $500 billion in cuts is actually a reduction in the future growth of Medicare costs over 10 years. Medicare spending will still increase over that time -- the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects Medicare spending will reach $929 billion in 2020, up from $499 billion in actual spending in 2009. But it won't increase as fast as it would have otherwise. The cost reductions have two aims: to make Medicare more efficient and to help fund coverage for the uninsured.

Some of the savings comes from relatively minor changes, such as $36 billion from increases in premiums for higher-income beneficiaries and $12 billion from administrative changes. The law directs a new national board -- the Independent Payment Advisory Board -- to identify $15.5 billion in savings, by recommending improved practices while preserving basic coverage. Congress retains the power to overrule the board's recommendations.

More significantly, there's $136 billion in projected savings that would come from changes to the Medicare Advantage program. The program was intended to bring more efficiency from the private sector to the Medicare program, but it hasn't worked as planned. A June 2009 analysis from the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission said that the Advantage programs cost taxpayers an average of 14 percent more than the traditional Medicare plan. President Barack Obama has said repeatedly that Medicare Advantage wastes public money that could be put to better use.

The health care law that Obama signed in March phases out extra payments for Medicare Advantage programs over the next three to six years to bring their costs in line with traditional Medicare and institutes other rules for the program.

Finally, there's $220 billion in Medicare savings achieved by reducing annual increases in payments health care providers would otherwise receive from Medicare. The reductions are part of programs intended to improve care and make it more efficient, such as reducing payments for preventable hospital re-admissions. These adjustments are aimed at hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health agencies. There's a good deal of debate as to whether these reductions in payments are reasonable or overly ambitious, and only time will tell which side is right.

How to defund Obamacare

The relevant part:

Mark Levin? There's an extreme nutbar.

Forum List

Back