How to rebuild New Orleans.

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
First they must build a levee system that is beyond a hurricanes destructive power. Dr. Maestri ( the guy that prodicted all this stuff ) and even Donald Trump a guy that knows a bit about construction says this can be done. Second I must say that if you didn't have insurance on your home ( flood etc... ) then you should be $hit out of luck. I've been paying flood for 14 years and my house has never flooded even after Katrinia. The government shouldn't build homes for no one. The government needs to be smart with the rebuilding. First get the Port, ship yards and refineries back up and running. This is our traditional economy is the most important for the nation. That means jobs and the qualified people will return to go back to work. They will build their own homes. Next give incentives for new industry to relocate to New Orleans. Here again qualified people will build their own homes chasing those jobs. Then I think the good old free market and capitalism will take care of the rest. No freaking projects! Perhaps low cost apartments and day care for the working poor. Basically no job means no housing.

I'm a bit upset however. I saw on local TV here that the Orleans Parish School Board is up and running in Baton Rouge. They are a snapshot of what was wrong with New Orleans. They make six figure incomes for running the worst school district in New Orleans. I'm not sure how the rest of the country does its school boards throughout the rest of Louisiana, being on the school board is an honorary post which gives you 5,000 - 7,000 extra income a year. It isn't a career. Don't pour billions of dollars down here only to pad the pockets of the local and corrupt politicians. That would make Katrina a National disaster. I'm not sure how many Louisianians you guys know but we have a very strong work ethic similar to the Germans. We love to drink our beer but the next day we will work our a$$ to support our families. :usa:

You know I definately think the Levees need to be rebuilt stronger, but I hesitate to safe that they will ever be complete natural disaster proof. I mean look what happened when man built the Titanic as the indestructible ship. I think we can probably build them to avoid alot of future problems. but to claim that they will be beyond a hurricane's destructive power makes me uneasy...

You know I definately think the Levees need to be rebuilt stronger, but I hesitate to safe that they will ever be complete natural disaster proof. I mean look what happened when man built the Titanic as the indestructible ship. I think we can probably build them to avoid alot of future problems. but to claim that they will be beyond a hurricane's destructive power makes me uneasy...

I understand where you coming from but look at the numbers. New Orleans was stated in 1718, this has happened once. That is some pretty good odds. I would invest in New Orleans. I don't know crap about construction but Donald Trump is ready to build something if the levees are secure, i could invest.

Forum List

Back