How to prepare for Depression part 2.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by HippieChick75, Jun 30, 2009.

1. HippieChick75

HippieChick75 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok so in my ever so humble opinion I think we are in a depression...one far worse than any one person can fathom. That being said I strongly feel that the American people on a whole won't really grasp the harshness of reality until it is much too late. What do some of you feel that the average person can do to prepare for such a crisis? Can one really even prepare or is it more like a tsunami where you just watch it roll on in feeling helpless? If you don't feel we are in a Depression fantastic...but don't post unless you have something worthwhile to say.

2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I know it's depressing, I lived through the Jimmy Carter years and I still believe that after 4 years of Obama, a democrat congress, a democrat senate, this country will turn hard right. His polling numbers are crashing, the stimulus bill that he rushed through stimulated nothing but pork spending. People are waking up to this guy and it ain't pretty.

Carter was in for only 4 years and Reagan won a landslide victory. This country turned around and did so in a hurry.

You will see the congressional and senate elections of 2010 go Republican and if we are lucky we can take the house back and at least put the brakes on this insanity.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  3. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Back in the 60's, the hippies that couldn't afford to feed themselves could always mange to afford enough weed to get high. Protect yourself from the depression by stocking up on pot.

4. Terral

Terral Terral Corp CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi HippieChick:

Many USMB members have been sending out warnings about the Coming Economic Collapse 2009, but the mods here ship our warnings to the Conspiracy Theories Forum before anyone here can make one reply. My 'Eight Reasons For The Collapse' post is here. My topic on how to prepare for The Coming Collapse 2009 is here. In fact, anyone living inside the USA is in MUCH more trouble than you realize. Click on a compilation listing of my USMB Topics (here) and read everything under the "Economy/Politics" and "FEMA/Martial Law/Survival" headings.

When the Lab-created Bio-weapon Flu Virus mutates (around July 21, 2009 = Post #133) and more than a million Foreign Troops are setting up Quarantine Perimeters and Road Blocks and Checkpoints (Post #134), then the fact that the USA is in a Depression will seem like a minor development . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  5. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Depression is an Ugly reality already. The actual number of unemployed in the US is easily well over 20 Million.

6. HippieChick75

HippieChick75 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is far worse then I probably could imagine Terral.

7. Terral

Terral Terral Corp CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi HippieChick:

Yes, but at least you are willing to wake the hell up. Most Americans :)cuckoo:) have their heads stuck in the sand (pic and pic) and, to them, those sending out warnings are the nutters . . .

GL,

Terral

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617