How to prepare for Depression part 2.

HippieChick75

Rookie
Jun 26, 2009
Sunny Southern California
Ok so in my ever so humble opinion I think we are in a depression...one far worse than any one person can fathom. That being said I strongly feel that the American people on a whole won't really grasp the harshness of reality until it is much too late. What do some of you feel that the average person can do to prepare for such a crisis? Can one really even prepare or is it more like a tsunami where you just watch it roll on in feeling helpless? If you don't feel we are in a Depression fantastic...but don't post unless you have something worthwhile to say.

I know it's depressing, I lived through the Jimmy Carter years and I still believe that after 4 years of Obama, a democrat congress, a democrat senate, this country will turn hard right. His polling numbers are crashing, the stimulus bill that he rushed through stimulated nothing but pork spending. People are waking up to this guy and it ain't pretty.

Carter was in for only 4 years and Reagan won a landslide victory. This country turned around and did so in a hurry.

You will see the congressional and senate elections of 2010 go Republican and if we are lucky we can take the house back and at least put the brakes on this insanity.

Last edited:
Ok so in my ever so humble opinion I think we are in a depression...one far worse than any one person can fathom. That being said I strongly feel that the American people on a whole won't really grasp the harshness of reality until it is much too late. What do some of you feel that the average person can do to prepare for such a crisis? Can one really even prepare or is it more like a tsunami where you just watch it roll on in feeling helpless? If you don't feel we are in a Depression fantastic...but don't post unless you have something worthwhile to say.

Back in the 60's, the hippies that couldn't afford to feed themselves could always mange to afford enough weed to get high. Protect yourself from the depression by stocking up on pot.

Hi HippieChick:

Many USMB members have been sending out warnings about the Coming Economic Collapse 2009, but the mods here ship our warnings to the Conspiracy Theories Forum before anyone here can make one reply. My 'Eight Reasons For The Collapse' post is here. My topic on how to prepare for The Coming Collapse 2009 is here. In fact, anyone living inside the USA is in MUCH more trouble than you realize. Click on a compilation listing of my USMB Topics (here) and read everything under the "Economy/Politics" and "FEMA/Martial Law/Survival" headings.

When the Lab-created Bio-weapon Flu Virus mutates (around July 21, 2009 = Post #133) and more than a million Foreign Troops are setting up Quarantine Perimeters and Road Blocks and Checkpoints (Post #134), then the fact that the USA is in a Depression will seem like a minor development . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Depression is an Ugly reality already. The actual number of unemployed in the US is easily well over 20 Million.

Hi HippieChick:

It is far worse then I probably could imagine Terral.

Yes, but at least you are willing to wake the hell up. Most Americans :)cuckoo:) have their heads stuck in the sand (pic and pic) and, to them, those sending out warnings are the nutters . . .

GL,

Terral

Ok so in my ever so humble opinion I think we are in a depression...

agreed

one far worse than any one person can fathom.

No, I can imagine one that's worse. I can imagine this one getting worse, too.

That being said I strongly feel that the American people on a whole won't really grasp the harshness of reality until it is much too late.

Agreed

What do some of you feel that the average person can do to prepare for such a crisis?

Honestly?

Not much.

The "average person" wasn't doing all that well when times were supposed to be so good, remember? They were bearly making it, then, so given that, they don't really have the resources to prepare for something much worse.

the average person:

1. Doesn't own their own home outright
2. Is entirely dependent on the systems that bring them food, energy
3. Cannot live below their means
4. Already has revolving debts they can bearly service
5. Doesn't have the skills to make enough money to get ahead or out of thieir economic circumstance
6. Doesn't have the skills (or resources) to reinvent their lives to make them less dependent on the economy.

I mean it's all very well and good that some of us have those resources, and have lives that make it possible for us to prepare for a collapse of the economy and (possibly) civil society.

But damned few of us really can prepare for such catastropy, ESPECIALLY if we live in densely populated areas.

Can one really even prepare or is it more like a tsunami where you just watch it roll on in feeling helpless?
quote]

It really depends on your circumstances, doesn't it?

If you're relatively well off, fairly young and realtively healthy, too you can do much to prepare.

If you're not all three of those things, then you are a creature of civil society, dependent on that society doing well enough for you to get by.

Since I don't have enough resources to create that fortress for survival, I keep track of those who do so that I'll know whose house to invade when the shit truly hits the fan.

Hereabouts the wealthy create their "end of the word" fortresses.

They do so assuming that the end of the world will announce itself giving them time to get to those fortresses.

Most of them won't make it.

Nice of them to prepare those places for me, don't you think?

Forum List

Back