How to Piss Off Your Cat

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
The cat's food is on a ledge next to the kitchen counter. His food is there only out of necessity. We discovered the reason the cat was getting skinnier and the dog was getting fatter was because when the cat's food was on the ground the dog was eating all of it when no one was looking.

I moved his food onto another cabinet top, not near the counter. I know he walks all over the counters (he thinks I put a table cloth on the kitchen table so he can have cozy sun baths) and we'd like to redo the kitchen at some point so I figured let's get him used to the moved food and out of the habit of counter walking.

He's having none of it. He knows the food is there and refuses to jump up. I put him there, he eats a bit, jumps down then jumps up where the food had been. And stares.

I think he just barfed in the basement. Ooo, that'll show me huh?

My office cat gets pissed when the bowl is empty and starts kicking stacks of files onto the floor.

She doesn't like being placed on hold either. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of things.

Getting your cat to the food is as easy a packet of Temptations by Whiska. It is cocaine for cats and my three cats have a $100, habit a month. Put a few of those in the cats bowl, and he will remember where to go for food from then on. Not saying you have a dumb cat. :) If I want to have roll call for the cats, I just shake the bag, and they are all present & accounted for, Sir!

The YouTube videos have cat meow tapes and your cat will play with the monitor screen, and even look around the back trying to find the cat.

I just bought a plastic hand-sized ball that talks & giggles. I think it is for dogs. Anyway my cats love batting it around to hear it make a noise.

I was trying to find a convenient place in my new home for two cat litter boxes. I bought a garage cat door so they could use the litter boxes out there. Then I thought, if we hit the remote on the garage door they could run outside. So I took two cabinet drawers off under my laundry room counter, along with the shelf, and now they have a nice private cubical kitty litter box bathroom. I might have a ducting company make me an insert to catch the litter out of the box, & make it easy for the maids to vacuum.

Last edited:
i have a set of drawers in the living room that i feed the cats on....now the dogs will try to eat it..but normally i just put enough out for the morning feed and then the evening feed...if the cats get hungry they will stand on top of the drawers and swipe at you when you go by....that gets them more food....

dogs steal food...cat food...dog food...people food....its their business

Shadow, I'm going to take your picture. Smile. (note in the far right corner, a white cabinet? That's his food on there. I even took off the green container that was sitting on it so he had more room.)

IMG_0142.jpg

"Hrummf"

Turn around and look at me.

IMG_0143.jpg

"What??"

Poor Shadow, no one feeds him.

IMG_0147.jpg

"I want my dinner, damnit and I will NOT eat from that other place!"

This should be fun. Usually when he's hungry and no one feeds him as fast as he thinks they should or if he gets the same flavor food twice in a row God forbid, he'll go chew on a plastic bag or some tape then hurl.

Sometimes when he decides he doesn't want his food I just get fed up and tell him that's dinner, eat it or go hungry. 60%+ of the time he eats it. lol

So far I'm winning this contest. We'll see what he does tonight.

Why not just let the cat go outside and eat out of the trash dumpster like all normal cats do?

Cats don't like change, give the cat a week or two to get used to the new location and all the problems will go away. If you ever change it back you'll have to go through the adjustment period all over again.

Why not just let the cat go outside and eat out of the trash dumpster like all normal cats do?

Why don't we open the door up, and kick the big black dog's ass out into the snow bank? :lol: We are talking about sophisticated cats here.

CatInTux.jpg

Last edited:
Dog food will not harm cars.
Wrong. Bullshit!

When fired from a 100psi air cannon, dog food can do a variety of damage to your car's paint, finish and glass. Especially the hard stuff. Please, don't try this at home! Try it on someone else's car!

Why don't we open the door up, and kick the big black dog's ass out into the snow bank? :lol: We are talking about sophisticated cats here.

CatInTux.jpg

Oh, I see. Sorry. I assumed you had old regular run of the mill barn cats like my wife does. They stay out doors year round. They all run to her when she feeds them. We do have a trash dumpster for them to play in though.

Now, about that snow bank...:eek:

One more thing. You asked how to piss off your cat? Well, if you shoot them with a water pistol they get pissed off, at least my wife's does. They look pissed off anyway. The wife looks pissed off too. I don't know why I'm telling you this because I know Strollingbones is going to give me neg rep when she reads it. Just saying.:tongue:

Last edited:
I just turned on the Westminster dog show on the big screen in my workshop yesterday and pissed my cats off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back