How to pay off the National Debt.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
The debt the US has is over 16 trillion dollars. No easy way to pay it off in site. I think the best, and fastest way, to pay off the national debt would be to offer China the entire State of California in exchange for wiping clear our monies owed to them. Works for me. What say you?

China has already bought a lot of California. What I'm waiting for is for China to make a move to protect their interests from American liberals.

The debt the US has is over 16 trillion dollars. No easy way to pay it off in site. I think the best, and fastest way, to pay off the national debt would be to offer China the entire State of California in exchange for wiping clear our monies owed to them. Works for me. What say you?

What the hell has China ever done to deserve the denizens of Malibu?

Give them Texas too and we get egg roll! :cool:

China only owns 1.2T of our debt you fucking idiot.

U.S. Debt - How Much China Owns

Don't let reality come in the way of a good rant.

US citizens hold most of US debt.

Same way we paid it off last time (immediately after WW2), 94% income tax on the portion of income over a million dollars.

Same way we paid it off last time (immediately after WW2), 94% income tax on the portion of income over a million dollars.

We cut our spending by 60% after WW II. That's how we paid it off. We obviously aren't going to be able to do that now - certainly not with the Democrats obstructing any attempt to cut spending.

That doesn't change the fact that the tax on the upper tier of income was NINETY FOUR PERCENT. If you want to play cargo cult economics, you better be ready to go all out.

Spending on what? Oh, thats right war spending, because the war was over. Are our wars over? Guess its time to cut defense spending by 80% then, just like they did.

Now explain how cutting social security (throwing seniors out into the street),
or cutting medicare (forcing seniors to go without needed medical care) will stimulate the economy? They didnt do that. And it seems more like the economy will contract because a certain class of people will have been robbed of their ability to pay for the things they need.

First, the bad news. At 15 Trillion Dollars, the US now owes more money than there is (in printed and coin currency) in existence in the entire world. Paying that off will be a real trick.

Next, the bad news. We can't possibly pay off our debt until we quit spending more than we're taking in. Any time you owe more than you make, you can't always just go to the boss and demand he pay you more money. Even if you go get a second job and somehow manage to bring in extra income, you can't take that as license to spend more money. So what you have to do is to drastically reduce your spending.
I think what has to come is going to hurt a lot of people, but we've dug ourselves into a hole that's not going to be easy to dig ourselves out of. If we are going to accomplish our goal though, we can't wait until the next election cycle to start. In fact, we can't wait at all. We have to either start the process right now, or every US citizen needs to start learning to speak Chinese.

We cut our spending by 60% after WW II. That's how we paid it off. We obviously aren't going to be able to do that now - certainly not with the Democrats obstructing any attempt to cut spending.

We were able to because we weren't prosecuting a world war anymore, brainiac. The situation is a bit different now.

We were able to because we weren't prosecuting a world war anymore, brainiac. The situation is a bit different now.

right, in ww2 the nazis actually had the intention, competence and means to take over the world.

Sell NY and California to those we owe. They can divide up the LOLberals for slave labor or whatever.

That was exactly the point I was making, moron. As opposed to a world war, the vast sucking sound of moochers and parasites demanding a handout is never going to end.

Texas would be a bigger bargain, they cost us more than they contribute anyway, at least California pays more taxes than they take.

Forum List

Back