How to Make Health Care More Efficient

They don't charge much more, and if you factor in the taxes used for the USPS ultimately you pay about the same, less if you never use mail, for FedEx and UPS.
what taxes?

USPS here gets local taxes when they whine about "going under" ... probably not everywhere, but meh. However since our city is broke and has been for a while they don't get any ... :cool:

you would have to prove that Kitty.....the PO since 1981 i believe does not take any tax dollars.....i have never heard anything like that....

I read this thread from top to bottom. It is supposed to be about efficient health care. A topic that some might consider, you know, kind of important. Most of the thread is drivel. Looks like a bunch of air-heads trying to improve their posting stats.

Only three thing matter here:

Obama was elected president.

The Republican Party continues it's own self-destruction.

We are going to have health care, and we don't need Repubs to do it

portrait_of_Barack_Obama_painting-portrait-538.jpg

Last edited:
I read this thread from top to bottom. It is supposed to be about efficient health care. A topic that some might consider, you know, kind of important. Most of the thread is drivel. Looks like a bunch of air-heads trying to improve their posting stats.

Only three thing matter here:

Obama was elected president.

The Republican Party continues it's own self-destruction.

We are going to have health care, and we don't need Repubs to do it

portrait_of_Barack_Obama_painting-portrait-538.jpg

the drivel begins when you show up with your pictures...

Gosh Harry, I sure am sorry you feel that way. Looks to me like whomever bought the USMessageBoard system thought "a picture is worth a thousand words." The person who said that was advertising man, Fred R. Barnard.

Mr. Bernard referred to the idea that complex stories can be described with just a single still image, or that an image may be more influential than a substantial amount of text. It also aptly characterizes the goals of visualization where large amounts of data must be absorbed quickly.

This USMessageBoard system did not come cheap. Evidently, the owners wanted the best, and bought it. That is why we donate to USMB. In fact, if I was the owner of USMessageBoard I would be disappointed that more people don't use the equipment to it's maximum potential.

So, Harry, I don't know what to tell you. You are either too lazy to learn the equipment, or you just want to run your mouth. You don't seem to care about the overall look of your posts. I wouldn't worry too much about it, Harry. Nobody is reading your stuff any way.

1628_computer_repair_man_working_on_a_computer.jpg

Last edited:

Gosh Harry, I sure am sorry you feel that way. Looks to me like whomever bought the USMessageBoard system thought "a picture is worth a thousand words." The person who said that was advertising man, Fred R. Barnard.

Mr. Bernard referred to the idea that complex stories can be described with just a single still image, or that an image may be more influential than a substantial amount of text. It also aptly characterizes the goals of visualization where large amounts of data must be absorbed quickly.

This USMessageBoard system did not come cheap. Evidently, the owners wanted the best, and bought it. That is why we donate to USMB. In fact, if I was the owner of USMessageBoard I would be disappointed that more people don't use the equipment to it's maximum potential.

So, Harry, I don't know what to tell you. You are either too lazy to learn the equipment, or you just want to run your mouth. You don't seem to care about the overall look of your posts. I wouldn't worry too much about it, Harry. Nobody is reading your stuff any way.

1628_computer_repair_man_working_on_a_computer.jpg

.....if they are so bad why are you reading them big boy?.....i know....cause your NOBODY....

Here's how the British have made their system more "efficient." Unfortunately the most efficient system to a bureaucrat is "cost effective" and "least costly" and dying (for some) is the least costly outcome for a government system in search of cost savings. For some treatments NICE has set a limit of $22,000 as a stopping point. But if it's known that a treatment would go beyond that pre-determined stopping point, why go forward with treatment at all?

The WSJ July 7, 22009 –- Of NICE and Men

"How government rations health care: Start with a 'quality adjusted life year.'
Speaking to the American Medical Association last month, President Obama waxed enthusiastic about countries that "spend less" than the U.S. on health care. He's right that many countries do, but what he doesn't want to explain is how they ration care to do it.

Take the United Kingdom, which is often praised for spending as little as half as much per capita on health care as the U.S. Credit for this cost containment goes in large part to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, or NICE. Americans should understand how NICE works because under ObamaCare it will eventually be coming to a hospital near you.

The British officials who established NICE in the late 1990s pitched it as a body that would ensure that the government-run National Health System used "best practices" in medicine. As the Guardian reported in 1998: "Health ministers are setting up [NICE], designed to ensure that every treatment, operation, or medicine used is the proven best. It will root out under-performing doctors and useless treatments, spreading best practices everywhere."

What NICE has become in practice is a rationing board. As health costs have exploded in Britain as in most developed countries, NICE has become the heavy that reduces spending by limiting the treatments that 61 million citizens are allowed to receive through the NHS. For example: Of NICE and Men - WSJ.com

Edit: today I went to my local clinic with a pulled muscle at 12:00 noon. I was given a prescription to go to a nearby MRI business location, and at 1:15 began an MRI which lasted until 3:45. There are more MRI machines in Western Pennsylvania than there are in the whole of Canada, and W. PA is a part of Appalachia...one of the poorest regions of the U.S.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back