How to learn multiple languages...

albertdacosta

Rookie
Jul 10, 2009
Recently, I got a chance to go for a trip with my friends. While we were visiting various tourists spots, I noticed guides over there. They were speaking different languages very fluently and I liked that flair. I have already learned two of the languages in my school time but the accent that they had was pretty impressive. Now i have decided to join some school for further learning so as have a good command over different languages.

So I need your suggestions how to go about it.

Move to the nation where your target language is spoken and immerse yourself in it.

The fastest way to learn multiple language is by visiting certain country and staying in that country and with the people of that country for sometime...

But it’s not easy to travel different countries to learn different languages. Can someone suggest me some school or online program where I can proceed for this?

Rosetta Stone products are, I am informed, quite useful.

No, I am not affiliated with that organization, although we used to advertise their products on our site.

But it’s not easy to travel different countries to learn different languages. Can someone suggest me some school or online program where I can proceed for this?

Don't waste your time.It takes 3 years or so to get any good with a foreign language and I mean while living in a foreign country. Ask any Peace Corp kid.
I have had US college Spanish " teachers" visit my resort that couldn't speak Spanish for shit.

Learning most foreign languages is not exceptionally difficult and, like all learning, is based on imitation. Try watching TV or something in the language you want to learn and imitating the people's accents. Listening to the language being spoken by a native is obviously going to be helpful.

Learning most foreign languages is not exceptionally difficult and, like all learning, is based on imitation. Try watching TV or something in the language you want to learn and imitating the people's accents. Listening to the language being spoken by a native is obviously going to be helpful.

The problem for most Americans is that we don't even attempt to teach our children a foreign language until their in their early teens.

And of course by that time, human ability to learn a new language organically is pretty much gone.

If a kid becomes conversant in a foreign language not only is his verbal intelligence increased by that language, but his ability to learn a third language is also enhanced.

Failing to learn a different language early enough really does handicap one to learn languages later in life.

But I think one can earn degree in linguistics through e-learning. There are universities that are offer such degrees. One of my relative has done this course through distance education. It was a good experience rather. Now she is working as a translator.

While browsing for online education universities, I discovered this link for me given below in my signature:
Various degrees in different streams are listed here. You need to search the suitable one for you using their online degree finder. I have myself pursued my BS degree following this website.

Recently, I got a chance to go for a trip with my friends. While we were visiting various tourists spots, I noticed guides over there. They were speaking different languages very fluently and I liked that flair. I have already learned two of the languages in my school time but the accent that they had was pretty impressive. Now i have decided to join some school for further learning so as have a good command over different languages.

So I need your suggestions how to go about it.

You need more flair:

officespace_boxofflair.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back