How to know if you're banned

I'm not sure if I'm banned or not.
I haven't received any notification.

Not sure, but the only board I've ever been banned from was Democratic Underground years ago, for the unforgivable crime of supporting Ralph Nader and mocking the nonsense that he 'cost Gore the election', which of course is patently absurd, he wasn't even on the ballot in over 30 odd states, but, hey, they're neurotic nut jobs; many of them post here. When I logged on I got a message announcing my IP permaban, so I guess you would get a message of some sort. Never got a 'warning' or anything, just logged on one day and there it was. lollerz.

Al Gore lost by 500 votes in Florida. Ralph Nader won 97,000 votes in Florida.

If Gore had won Florida, he would have been President.

Do the math.

lol do the math yourself; what's 97,000 votes as a percentage of the Florida vote, and if Gore was so great why did he have to have Florida to win in the first place??? All he had to do was win a few states where Nader wasn't even on the ballot. Your premise is prima facie ridiculous. Gore had 49 other states to win in. Claiming one state did Gore in is lunacy. Let me help you put here: divide 97000 by 6 million votes cast, and not including the registered voters Gore couldn't inspire to turn out for him.

Most of Nader's votes came from Democrats and independents. If you had ever gone to a Nader rally, you would have been hard pressed to find many Republican voters in that crowd.

Had Nader not run for President, Al Gore would have won Florida and would have won the electoral college. Al Gore would have been President, not Bush.

Had Nader not run for President, the war in Iraq would never have happened.

I'm not sure if I'm banned or not.
I haven't received any notification.

Not sure, but the only board I've ever been banned from was Democratic Underground years ago, for the unforgivable crime of supporting Ralph Nader and mocking the nonsense that he 'cost Gore the election', which of course is patently absurd, he wasn't even on the ballot in over 30 odd states, but, hey, they're neurotic nut jobs; many of them post here. When I logged on I got a message announcing my IP permaban, so I guess you would get a message of some sort. Never got a 'warning' or anything, just logged on one day and there it was. lollerz.

Al Gore lost by 500 votes in Florida. Ralph Nader won 97,000 votes in Florida.

If Gore had won Florida, he would have been President.

Do the math.

lol do the math yourself; what's 97,000 votes as a percentage of the Florida vote, and if Gore was so great why did he have to have Florida to win in the first place??? All he had to do was win a few states where Nader wasn't even on the ballot. Your premise is prima facie ridiculous. Gore had 49 other states to win in. Claiming one state did Gore in is lunacy. Let me help you put here: divide 97000 by 6 million votes cast, and not including the registered voters Gore couldn't inspire to turn out for him.

Most of Nader's votes came from Democrats and independents. If you had ever gone to a Nader rally, you would have been hard pressed to find many Republican voters in that crowd.

Had Nader not run for President, Al Gore would have won Florida and would have won the electoral college. Al Gore would have been President, not Bush.

Had Nader not run for President, the war in Iraq would never have happened.

You can dream up false 'talking points' all day long if you like, it still won't mean Nader cost Gore anything. Gore couldn't win his own home state. You'll just have to live with the fact that being a VP in an administration that sold out working class people for 8 years had a serious problem getting real liberals to turn out for him. Blame NAFTA. Nader was a better candidate, an actual liberal as opposed to a neo-liberal scammer, and more qualified to boot. NAder got less than 2% of the vote, and many more stayed home rather than waste time voting for a Party that had been crapping on their heads for almost two decades by then. Most of those 97,000 votes Nader got were protest votes, and I would bet most of them wouldn't have turned out at all for Gore in the first place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back