How to know if you're banned

I'm not sure if I'm banned or not.
I haven't received any notification.

Not sure, but the only board I've ever been banned from was Democratic Underground years ago, for the unforgivable crime of supporting Ralph Nader and mocking the nonsense that he 'cost Gore the election', which of course is patently absurd, he wasn't even on the ballot in over 30 odd states, but, hey, they're neurotic nut jobs; many of them post here. When I logged on I got a message announcing my IP permaban, so I guess you would get a message of some sort. Never got a 'warning' or anything, just logged on one day and there it was. lollerz.

There is a status known as "Banned Limbo".

You are officially banned, but there are no outwardly signs of banishment.

You can log in, you can post, but you will never ever for all eternity receive a reply.

It's like being an unbaptised babby.

There is a status known as "Banned Limbo".

You are officially banned, but there are no outwardly signs of banishment.

You can log in, you can post, but you will never ever for all eternity receive a reply.

It's like being an unbaptised babby.
--LOL

It may or may not list a reason.

Granny says, "If dey go so far as to ban ya...

... dey oughta tell ya why...

... so's ya know not to do whatever it was dat got ya banned...

... again."

Will you be notified if you are banned, or just can't post?

Yes -- and if you're BANNED you would not be able to post to ask if you are banned !!!!! :tongue:
Some bans are just quick cooling offs and others can be longer or permanent.

The biggest tip is if a poster has a strike-thru in the name in every post.

There IS the much feared and often used -- "discouraged user mode". That's an intentional slow-down of services for a period determined by moderation. You will notice it directly after receiving SOME warnings. The effect is VERY VERY obvious and annoying.

Not sure, but the only board I've ever been banned from was Democratic Underground years ago, for the unforgivable crime of supporting Ralph Nader and mocking the nonsense that he 'cost Gore the election', which of course is patently absurd, he wasn't even on the ballot in over 30 odd states, but, hey, they're neurotic nut jobs; many of them post here. When I logged on I got a message announcing my IP permaban, so I guess you would get a message of some sort. Never got a 'warning' or anything, just logged on one day and there it was. lollerz.

Al Gore lost by 500 votes in Florida. Ralph Nader won 97,000 votes in Florida.

If Gore had won Florida, he would have been President.

Do the math.

Al Gore lost by 500 votes in Florida. Ralph Nader won 97,000 votes in Florida.

If Gore had won Florida, he would have been President.

Do the math.

lol do the math yourself; what's 97,000 votes as a percentage of the Florida vote, and if Gore was so great why did he have to have Florida to win in the first place??? All he had to do was win a few states where Nader wasn't even on the ballot. Your premise is prima facie ridiculous. Gore had 49 other states to win in. Claiming one state did Gore in is lunacy. Let me help you put here: divide 97000 by 6 million votes cast, and not including the registered voters Gore couldn't inspire to turn out for him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back