HOw to Kill silently

Terry, stop this before something bad happens. You said you didn't know enough about it.

Leave them trees alone!
I don't know about chemicals, Sarah, not how to take down a freaking tree with a chainsaw. I want to poison the damn things.

I know what you're talking about.
10 to 20 pines out of over 400 is nothing, and it is good because I won't have to worry as much about a FIRE destroying over a 1000 trees.

Might bury water conditioning salt around the bases. 6 inches deep or so. Could take 5 or 6 times and up to 2 years to do the damage but you'll eventually even have soft water.

hey last year I had this stump about 3 feet high. I went and bought one of those big auger bits
auger-bit-4010.jpg
and it wouldn't go through the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drill down into the roots and fill holes with rock salt and cover holes with dirt.

I tried, but I can't feel sorry for you. Pine trees are awesome, killing them is stupid.

And if you're buying mulch instead of using the pine needles...well, dumb. :lol:

I tried, but I can't feel sorry for you. Pine trees are awesome, killing them is stupid.

And if you're buying mulch instead of using the pine needles...well, dumb. :lol:

Gonna let those trees bring a tear to your eye. Root system very weak, thus danger of falling. Oops this might get me another red one.

Last edited:

Gonna let those trees bring a tear to your eye. Root system very weak, thus danger of falling. Oops this might get me another red one.
awww...are the trees Mexican? Probably in your mind they are.

Nice whine though, I'll give you that.

Drive a bunch of large 'common' nails in the trunk, the kind that rust, at least 16 penny. Make sure to cut the nail heads off so they don't show. That should slowly kill the tree.

cannot do the nail thing, because when the tree comes down have to chop the sucker up with my chainsaw.

cannot do the nail thing, because when the tree comes down have to chop the sucker up with my chainsaw.

What's a little shrapnel amongst friends.

if they are mulched move the mulch away from the trunk and dump a gallon of bleach around the trunk then cover it back up. Keep doing this every week until you see signs of the tree dying.

Just take them down with a chainsaw while he's at work, after they're cut down it over.

if they are mulched move the mulch away from the trunk and dump a gallon of bleach around the trunk then cover it back up. Keep doing this every week until you see signs of the tree dying.
I think that is the best idea yet! I test it out with one that isn't close to my house. LMAO

This is a picture of 3/4 of my driveway, notice the trees on the left the PINES...I want some of these gone. Oh and this was after I used my blower on the driveway...4 hours it took.

CopyofIMGP0242-1.jpg

Long Leaf Pine tree's! My husband will not let me take down another tree. I'm going crazy and my body hurts from trying to maintain my grounds because of these trees. They are everywhere. Here is one little sample but I have over 400 of them that line my property. If you look to the left, you will see some but this is only a very small portion of what I have. It takes me 4 hours with a blower just to clear my driveway, countless of hours mowing, mulching, and picking up the pine needles, my yard in many large areas the grass has died and it is dirt. What I want to do is kill a few trees naturally to where my Husband will not know it was me. LOL, there is also a problem in that some are so freaking high 80 feet, that if they come down they'll hit my house for sure.

Any solutions on how to kill them off?

If you get rid of your husband, you will be able to kill as many trees as you like.

Long Leaf Pine tree's! My husband will not let me take down another tree. I'm going crazy and my body hurts from trying to maintain my grounds because of these trees. They are everywhere. Here is one little sample but I have over 400 of them that line my property. If you look to the left, you will see some but this is only a very small portion of what I have. It takes me 4 hours with a blower just to clear my driveway, countless of hours mowing, mulching, and picking up the pine needles, my yard in many large areas the grass has died and it is dirt. What I want to do is kill a few trees naturally to where my Husband will not know it was me. LOL, there is also a problem in that some are so freaking high 80 feet, that if they come down they'll hit my house for sure.

Any solutions on how to kill them off?

If you get rid of your husband, you will be able to kill as many trees as you like.
I cannot kill of my Chef!

I think that is the best idea yet! I test it out with one that isn't close to my house. LMAO

Remember anything you pour on these trees can get to your ground water.

I don't think 1 gallon of bleach will harm the water supply. We actually flush our water lines out with commercial grade bleach. We have a water softener and filter on our system but that still needs to be flushed and cleaned once a month.

I don't think 1 gallon of bleach will harm the water supply. We actually flush our water lines out with commercial grade bleach. We have a water softener and filter on our system but that still needs to be flushed and cleaned once a month.

In that case go for it.

Forum List

Back