HOw to Kill silently

Okay then, drill a hole in the side to the center (you've got to get the center part of the tree), and fill it full of bleach.

Should only take a month or two to work.

Okay then, drill a hole in the side to the center (you've got to get the center part of the tree), and fill it full of bleach.

Should only take a month or two to work.
hrm that might work. I've been searching google but I haven't found one helpful hint.

Well I killed my Toro Blower today, this is the 3rd one I managed to kill. I need commercial grade yard equipment. :(

Buy more Beaver
actually some beetles would kill it...got a bucket full of them to send?

Bad idea..........especially since once the trees die, the beetles will go in search of other chow.

And if the authorities find out it was your property where it started on, they're gonna ask questions that could lead to serious fines.

Best to drill a core to the center of the tree, fill it full of bleach (the reason you want to drill a core to the center is 2 fold.....one to get to the center part of the tree called the heart, which will carry the bleach throughout the tree, and the other part is so that you can re-insert the core to cover the evidence you've been tampering with it.

You're welcome.

Buy more Beaver

Bad idea..........especially since once the trees die, the beetles will go in search of other chow.

And if the authorities find out it was your property where it started on, they're gonna ask questions that could lead to serious fines.

Best to drill a core to the center of the tree, fill it full of bleach (the reason you want to drill a core to the center is 2 fold.....one to get to the center part of the tree called the heart, which will carry the bleach throughout the tree, and the other part is so that you can re-insert the core to cover the evidence you've been tampering with it.

You're welcome.
So I use a core drill bit correct? What size do you know?

You're welcome.

Long enough to get to the heart I'm sure but we're getting back to beavers again.

hey last year I had this stump about 3 feet high. I went and bought one of those big auger bits
auger-bit-4010.jpg
and it wouldn't go through the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

Probably one that is an inch around, and long enough to get to the center, depends on how big around your pine trees are.

And, remember, the core is that really dark center piece of a tree, and if you don't get that, it won't guarantee the trees demise.

well damn, I'll have to remove some bark to find it, and I bet the ones I want to take out being they are so freaking tall that center I need to find will be out of my reach! crap!

what if I drill small holes all along the base of the tree, (below the 1 foot pine needles on the ground around it) and then fill it with like borax soap? Would that kill it? I know borax soap used on other plants kills it.

Might do the job quicker with boric acid (the powder used to keep bugs from coming in your house).
will that harm the water table? Our water source is a well. See, I don't know enough about this stuff. I knew someone here would know more than I do.

will that harm the water table? Our water source is a well. See, I don't know enough about this stuff. I knew someone here would know more than I do.

I had several Ideas before you said the word "Well". Never mind.......
sigh, see my problem? I've been searching and nothing.

Terry, stop this before something bad happens. You said you didn't know enough about it.

Leave them trees alone!

I had several Ideas before you said the word "Well". Never mind.......
sigh, see my problem? I've been searching and nothing.

Terry, stop this before something bad happens. You said you didn't know enough about it.

Leave them trees alone!
I don't know about chemicals, Sarah, not how to take down a freaking tree with a chainsaw. I want to poison the damn things.

Forum List

Back