HOw to Kill silently

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
Long Leaf Pine tree's! My husband will not let me take down another tree. I'm going crazy and my body hurts from trying to maintain my grounds because of these trees. They are everywhere. Here is one little sample but I have over 400 of them that line my property. If you look to the left, you will see some but this is only a very small portion of what I have. It takes me 4 hours with a blower just to clear my driveway, countless of hours mowing, mulching, and picking up the pine needles, my yard in many large areas the grass has died and it is dirt. What I want to do is kill a few trees naturally to where my Husband will not know it was me. LOL, there is also a problem in that some are so freaking high 80 feet, that if they come down they'll hit my house for sure.

CopyofIMGP0240.jpg

Any solutions on how to kill them off?

I'm not sure what you hate about them, I think they're cool.

Guess you've never heard of Mexicans who do lawn work... If that doesn't work for you, any good chain saw should get the job done.

Yeah they are cool unless you have to do all the yard work. I'm talking it takes 3 days just to do the normal stuff, that isn't weed eating either.

Guess you've never heard of Mexicans who do lawn work... If that doesn't work for you, any good chain saw should get the job done.
I have to do it to where the husband won't think it was me!

Yeah they are cool unless you have to do all the yard work. I'm talking it takes 3 days just to do the normal stuff, that isn't weed eating either.

I understand, it's just a shame to lose all those trees out of convenience.

If you do ever do it, try and save as much of the wood as possible and let it season and sell it or give it away as firewood. At least figure out some way to put it to good use.

If you do ever do it, try and save as much of the wood as possible and let it season and sell it or give it away as firewood. At least figure out some way to put it to good use.
I have plenty of oak, maple, dog wood, acorn and black walnut trees..I'm talking about the pine, you cannot burn the pine wood. Well you can but it isn't recommended to burn pine.

I have plenty of oak, maple, dog wood, acorn and black walnut trees..I'm talking about the pine, you cannot burn the pine wood. Well you can but it isn't recommended to burn pine.

Pine builds up more creosote in the chimney, but if you burn it along with oak or maple you should be fine as long as you season it for at least a year or more. This way you get more life out of your good firewood supply.

Froggy, again I repeat, I want to kill the trees I select slowly to where my husband will not know it was me. I own a chain saw and have taken many pine trees down already. See in this picture what I took out already in my backyard 2 years ago:

IMGP0055-1.jpg

This is what it looked like before the trees were taken down:

IMGP0077-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you've got a wood stove, suggest that a bit of clearing out of some trees for winter would improve the property, and you'd get free heat for the winter.

You want to get him to agree, then tell him that. Appealing to logic and his sense of frugality (with a slight nod to him being manly) should do the trick.

Pine builds up more creosote in the chimney, but if you burn it along with oak or maple you should be fine as long as you season it for at least a year or more. This way you get more life out of your good firewood supply.
I will not cut down my hard wood trees to use as fire wood at all. I just want the PINEs not all but most that are giving me a lot of work to do my weekly yard work. About 20 tree's but I want to kill off one at a time slowly to where my husband won't suspect me. Now I don't know how to do that or what to use. I'm concerned about bad crap seeping into the ground and entering the water table...so what can I use to do the job?

If you've got a wood stove, suggest that a bit of clearing out of some trees for winter would improve the property, and you'd get free heat for the winter.

You want to get him to agree, then tell him that. Appealing to logic and his sense of frugality (with a slight nod to him being manly) should do the trick.
That is what I used on him to be able to clear my backyard. LOL He said to me "Not another damn tree and I'm serious, Terry"

I will not cut down my hard wood trees to use as fire wood at all. I just want the PINEs not all but most that are giving me a lot of work to do my weekly yard work. About 20 tree's but I want to kill off one at a time slowly to where my husband won't suspect me. Now I don't know how to do that or what to use. I'm concerned about bad crap seeping into the ground and entering the water table...so what can I use to do the job?

I'm not saying to cut the hardwoods down, I realize you only want the pines gone.

I'm not sure how one erases trees without someone eventually noticing though. The only safe way to lose the trees is to use the chainsaw and control their fall. You wouldn't want to poison them and have them fall however they want to.

You're going to have to let the husband know. I don't see how you can pull this off otherwise.

I'm not saying to cut the hardwoods down, I realize you only want the pines gone.

I'm not sure how one erases trees without someone eventually noticing though. The only safe way to lose the trees is to use the chainsaw and control their fall. You wouldn't want to poison them and have them fall however they want to.

You're going to have to let the husband know. I don't see how you can pull this off otherwise.
If the pine tree shows clear signs it is dying or close to death, he'll let me use my chain saw to take it down. As long as the tree is producing pine needles it is alive to him. So I need to poison the tree, kill it so to speak

If the pine tree shows clear signs it is dying or close to death, he'll let me use my chain saw to take it down. As long as the tree is producing pine needles it is alive to him. So I need to poison the tree, kill it so to speak

So I guess you won't be celebrating Arbor Day this year.

So I guess you won't be celebrating Arbor Day this year.
blah...I like to see you try to do the yard work I have to do. It is back breaking. I'm only trying to make my property work with me. Not to mention it is a fire hazard to have so many of them, and close to the house.

Forum List

Back