How to improve on the 1950s

Usedto be able to shoot off real fireworks like oridarny firecrackers, skkyrockets, Roman Candles, Buzz Bombs, sparklers etc - but those where bannened around 1960 - were left with boring sand-or -sane garbage - or but the good stuff at Indian reservations.

Last edited:
Beg to differ, the low end of American society back then was pretty low. The low end today ain't half bad for the most part, most of the people living today below the poverty line have all the modern conveniences. Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, Food Stamps, etc., there's all sorts of programs out there today that weren't there in the 50s.
By "low end" I believe you are referring to the minority population.

I wasn't.

Beg to differ, the low end of American society back then was pretty low. The low end today ain't half bad for the most part, most of the people living today below the poverty line have all the modern conveniences. Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, Food Stamps, etc., there's all sorts of programs out there today that weren't there in the 50s.
By "low end" I believe you are referring to the minority population.

I wasn't.

By "low end" I am referring to people who are in the bottom 10 or 20% income levels, as well as those who are unemployed. Don't care how many are in a minority group, either now or back in the 50s. Whoever they are, they are doing better today than their counterparts were doing back then.

Here's what you said:

" The essential difference between the fifties and the present is the positive was more widespread and readily available back then, whereas today the positive American experience is available only to those who can afford it. "

You are wrong on both counts. The positive American experience was NOT more widespread back then nor more readily available. And to say the positive American experience is only available to those who can afford it is nonsense, the current occupant is the Whte House is proof of that.

Last edited:
Cant have any funy any more with safe andsane gargbage --- - had to go break the law to get real fireworkfs at Indiann reservesations

burned me up

It's really sad that the few years of your life between age 3 and 7 were the best for you.

Shit you weren't even old enough to do all those things you are pining about

Usedto be able to shoot off real fireworks like oridarny firecrackers, skkyrockets, Roman Candles, Buzz Bombs, sparklers etc - but those where bannened around 1960 - were left with boring sand-or -sane garbage - or but the good stuff at Indian reservations.

We drive to Indiana to pick up our supplies for the 4th of July. It's a way to share the joys of my 1950's childhood with my sons' generation.

Forum List

Back