How to Handle the Proselytizers

Wish they did in the US also, but, it's a free country, unless your a right winger and Oblama is president...

Do unto them as they do unto you.

Like telemarketers, they're rude, disruptive and deserve to have the door closed in their face, the phone hung up on them.

Although, I must say, since they're just people trying to make a living, I'm much nicer to telemarketers. Thumpers have no such reason or excuse.

As if it shouldn't go without saying, the OP was intended tongue-in-cheek. I don't really condone assault.

Verbal abuse, on the other hand...

...considering that's where Christianity started.' :)

That's debatable, but even granting the point solely for the sake of argument, the Israel of today is a far cry from the place that was conquered by the Romans in biblical times; just as the majority of its current occupants (or occupiers) are a far cry from the true descendants of the ancient Israelites. :)

Do unto them as they do unto you.

Like telemarketers, they're rude, disruptive and deserve to have the door closed in their face, the phone hung up on them.

Although, I must say, since they're just people trying to make a living, I'm much nicer to telemarketers. Thumpers have no such reason or excuse.
yep. Thumpers should know better.

I am Catholic, and we Catholics aren't known for door-to-door proselytizing or for approaching people at airports and bus terminals. However, when I am approached by anyone proselytizing, I do take the opportunity to tell them about Catholicism. Sadly, they never return to hear more. (Or I suppose I could see it as them giving up trying to proselytize me.)

Therefore my advice for those who do not wish to be proselytized to is to do an accurate, in depth study of Catholicism and offer to share what you have learned. Grin.)

I had a church (who also happened to lease space to a messianic group) leave those "are you saved flyers" on my door, so I returned the favor. I placed flyers on those of lesser morals asking those of higher standards to lower those standards,and Jesus was Lucifer essays in the same bag and left it on their back office church door.
Needless to say they stoped the messianic group and never proselytized in that way again. : )

Thumper. We have any here besides the two I can think of? :eusa_whistle:

ima9.gif

...my advice for those who do not wish to be proselytized to is to do an accurate, in depth study of Catholicism and offer to share what you have learned. Grin.)

Wouldn't that be kind of like exposing yourself to pneumonia in order to stave off the common cold? :dunno:

Cynth that was not an honest comment,
Israel is tolerant, but it's JUSTIFIED protectionism requires appearances of otherwise....IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTEXT OF THEIR SITUATION.
What percentage of Jews, Hindus, Buddhist, Christians live in the average Islamic country where there is no need for exclusivity and protectionism?
Now look up the percentage of Muslims and Christians and others in Israel- so who is intollerant again?

I once got invited to the opening of a Buddhist temple in my community. I was glad some Buddhists where neighborly enough to invite me. How about instead of being a bunch of assholes toward your religious neighbors, you just put away your barbarism and act polite and you can always tell them that you just aren't interested. It is not like they are fucking kidnapping you and holding you in a lock room as one of their auditors brainwashes you like they did Alex in Clockwork Orange. Proselytizers are just a minor annoyance at most. Get over yourselves.

What percentage of Jews, Hindus, Buddhist, Christians live in the average Islamic country where there is no need for exclusivity and protectionism?
So two wrongs make a right?

You are going to justify the intolerance of Israel by saying that Iran is even more intolerant? That really doesn't work. Israel is nothing more than a nation of ethnic, racial and religious bigots. It was founded on the premise of bigotry: a country for the Jews and the Jews only with the Jews holding supreme authority over all in it. It is an apartheid state pure and simple.

You could just say no thank you.or you might try opening your mind to something new and listen to what they have to say.

Forum List

Back