How to Grow an Avocado Tree

I would love an avocado tree but i cant even get my peach and pear trees to do anything :/ lol

Peaches are hard to produce in my area without a lot of work between the weather, disease, and animals.
Which is why I don't bother with my peach tree. It grows fine but I do not pick the fruit. I don't need it and do not really care for peaches.

I loooooove peaches. It's my favorite fruit. Other than TNHarley anyway.

Our school cafeterias fed us peaches so often, that I really am being generious in wanting them once a year. It was the default dessert. Don't feel like making cake, ok open up some of them canned peaches. Cloudy outside, open up them peaches. It is an odd numbered day, throw some dough on top and stick it in the oven for five minutes and call it fruit cobbler

I would love an avocado tree but i cant even get my peach and pear trees to do anything :/ lol

Peaches are hard to produce in my area without a lot of work between the weather, disease, and animals.
Which is why I don't bother with my peach tree. It grows fine but I do not pick the fruit. I don't need it and do not really care for peaches.

Our school cafeterias fed us peaches so often, that I really am being generious in wanting them once a year. It was the default dessert. Don't feel like making cake, ok open up some of them canned peaches. Cloudy outside, open up them peaches. It is an odd numbered day, throw some dough on top and stick it in the oven for five minutes and call it fruit cobbler
Interesting thing about canned food from store. Have you ever noticed how many preservatives they put in canned food and then the expiration date is a year or less? The food tastes nothing like what it did fresh and they call this canned food. It's awful. Yet if you can your own food from the garden or farmer's market using the water bath method or pressure cooker method (depending on what food you're canning) you don't need to put a single artificial preservative / chemical in that food during the canning process or afterward.

And the food lasts on the shelf for quite a number of years and when opened tastes better than any food you'd find at a restaurant and it hasn't lost any of its vitamins / minerals. It tastes as fresh as the day you took it from the garden. It's by far the best tasting food you'll ever try. So why do food manufacturers add so many cancer causing chemicals, additives, artificial preservatives to food when it isn't necessary? And why are they canning the food in metal cans that are made out of aluminum and tin, can rust and contaminate the food? Something to think about.

Last edited:
I used to like them but I just grew tired of them. Peaches are native to China. They were brought here back in the 1600's and were planted along the eastern seaboard. The first peach plantation was in Virginia but Georgia was the state that became known as the peach state. Quick tip - If you want to ripen peaches just put them in a box and cover them with newspaper or you can put them in a paper bag. The gasses they release will be sealed in and the peaches will ripen in within 2 to 3 days.

I think that's true for a lot of fruits --- I use that method to ripen tomatoes that fall off the vine too early. It helps and accelerates the process if you drop an apple in there with it.

But ---- they so sexy.....

peachoid.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Forum List

Back