How To Go To Heaven?It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain.

You know less about Catholicism than Christianity!
Catholics DO preach "redemption" for sin through Jesus.
For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.
--John 3:16

What is the Redemption
Catholics believe that Jesus Christ willingly sacrificed himself on the cross for the redemption of human sins on the behalf of all humanity.

Our beliefs tell us that through one man, Adam, sin entered the world in the form of original sin. Since that time, humans have been cursed with original sin, the results of our first parent’s defiance and rejection of God’s love. Original sin is harbored in every descendant of Adam, the entire human race, from the very moment of conception. It is original sin that weakens the will of man, and creates a tendency in man to embrace evil and selfish passions. Original sin places a barrier between God and us, and the effects of original sin are so devastating that no man, by his own willpower, can overcome the selfishness inherent in original sin.

St. Paul tells us that, "For the wages of sin is death. But the grace of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23)." Sin, both original and personal, separates man from God. Because God is the perfection of all that is holy, just and good he cannot tolerate sinful humanity in the fullness of his presence. Sin places a chasm between man and God that cannot be overcome by human religions, good works without grace, and man’s attempts to "try their best to live a good life." In essence no created person can bridge the gulf of sin between God and man.
In short, Adam demonstrated how not to live life; Christ taught/demonstrated how to live this life. And note, redemption (like ransom) is not punishment.

Context: In the Old Testament, people presented a sacrifice for forgiveness of sins. That sacrifice did not take on their punishment. Similarly, Christians point to Jesus as our sacrifice, not as our punishment, because sacrifice was not intended as a punishment. This is not a difficult study nor is it hard to understand.

This being said, if people want to believe Jesus was punished for them, that is their belief. I'm simply pointing out that Jesus did not say this, nor was sacrifice considered a punishment. It was considered an offering to God. The sacrifice we offer to God is Jesus and our efforts at following him, because that is the perfect sacrifice.

A better term for "punishment" would be wrath. The sacrifice takes on the wrath of God instead of the sinner.

Forget lies of 'atheists' and sinners, it is very simple to be saved.Read below the 'guidance' and follow it.
  1. Man is a Sinner in the Eyes of a Holy God.
  • Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
  • Romans 3:19, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
  • John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
  • Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
  • Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
  1. There is a Price For Our Sin―Burning in Hell Forever.
  • Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
  • Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
  • 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
  • Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
  • Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood; Christ was buried and bodily rose again the third day!

• Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
    • John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
    • 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
    • 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ...”
    • 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” This is the Gospel

By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved
      • Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
      • John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
      • John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
      • Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
      • John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
      • John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
      • Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
      • Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
      • Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
      • 1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
      • Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person... The LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Simply BELIEVE the Gospel and You Are Saved!

How To Go To Heaven

What if I really thought I was saved back in 1991 but started doubting back in 1996 then started believing again in 2001 and then started doubting again sometime in 2011? Can I be saved? Has God already turned me over to a reprobate mind? Was I ever saved? Even though I was raised in church, spent most of my adult life in church and read the entire Bible 3 times I still feel doomed. I think there is little hope for me. If there is a God then he clearly hates me.

My sins of pride, blasphemy, idolatary, lying, drunkenness and lust are so abundant that my mind is forever warped. Do I even need to be saved? Can I be saved?

I'm always hurting people by the things I say or the things I believe. I have a hard time remaining silent when controversial topics come up. Even if I was saved from hell, would I be eligible to be burdened from the hell on earth that I cause myself?

The fact that you are wrestling with the sins of pride, blasphemy and others shows that you are not given over to a reprobate mind. You are wrestling, and it grieves you. Turn to Jesus! Run to Him! He understands! Do not give up hope--where there is life, there is hope. Ask Him for forgiveness knowing full well He is there to give it. Ask Him for strength to overcome your struggles. You are not expected to do this on your own!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."--Matthew 11:28-30

jesus-saves-415864.png

~S~

A better term for "punishment" would be wrath. The sacrifice takes on the wrath of God instead of the sinner.
Remember that before Christ, cereal was a common sin sacrifice. God's wrath descending onto a bowl of wheat sounds...not right.

Again, I have no problem with people who came to believe that the Father's wrath and their punishment were aimed at Jesus, instead of them. The only thing I pointed out is that no where do we see Jesus teaching that he came so God could punish him instead of us. Instead, I see Jesus trying to ransom the poor from having to choose feeding their families or offering a sacrifice so that their sins might be forgiven. The poor at that time were not just poor, but truly poverty stricken. What little the Romans left them was taken by the Temple--and we see Jesus lamenting that the Temple was doing nothing but placing more burdens onto the people without lifting a finger to help them.

Forum List

Back