How to fool technology

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I have a VCR that I bought back in the mid-90s. Before the DVD era.

For whatever reason - the mfgs made it so you could only timer-record from 1989-1999.

How I got past that: looked at a perpetual calender in the almanac.

For 2012 - look up a year from 1989 -1999 that has a day that falls on the same day of theweek. And use the year that works

Like Nov 29, 1990 and Nov 29, 2012 both are on Thursdays. No other day works.

My question is - where where the geniuses who programmed VCRS to timer record for only 10 years???

what retard would make a VRC to only make timer -recording for 1989 -1999?????????????? 10 years

anyway - there is a way around it . Almanac/perpetual calender

remember Y2K???????????????????

(one of the last of the foggies who prefers VCRs over DVDs)

Last edited:

For whatever reason - the mfgs made it so you could only timer-record from 1989-1999.

For 2012 - look up a year from 1989 -1999 that has a day that falls on the same day of theweek. And use the year that works

My question is - where where the geniuses who programmed VCRS to timer record for only 10 years???

There's an easier way to defeat the year function on your VCR.

Open it up and look for the red wire. When you find it, take a pair of wirecutters, and cut it.

If you see more than one red wire, cut them all because the manufacturer is just trying to trick you.

It's a consumer economy. You are not supposed to keep shit around for 10 years. Open your wallet & let the moths fly away before they eat up your money.

Forum List

Back