How to Fix the Economy

MrWiseGuy

Rookie
Apr 2, 2009
1. A cut in corporate taxes & capital gains taxes.
2. Abolish the Federal Reserve and the IRS.
3. Reduce government spending.
4. Get rid of the income tax.

taxes are irrelevant, its the government spending that is important.

FED must be ABOLISHED. government spending must be DECIMATED.

budget must be BALANCED ( balance the budget or DIE )

international trade must be made FREE unconditionally.

and of course UNIONS MUST BE ABOLISHED.

-----------------------------------------------

i know some of you gonna start crying - but, but if we have free trade and no unions then GM workers will be getting 10 dollars an hour instead of $150,000 a year !

THATS RIGHT !

and entire planet will be driving GM cars ...

some Americans will need to have their standard of living drop DRAMATICALLY to SUSTAINABLE levels. as long as you resist that we will keep digging our grave.

Last edited:

taxes are irrelevant, its the government spending that is important.

FED must be ABOLISHED. government spending must be DECIMATED.

budget must be BALANCED ( balance the budget or DIE )

international trade must be made FREE unconditionally.

and of course UNIONS MUST BE ABOLISHED.

How exactly do you balance the budget if there aren't enough revenues?

Fix the economy for whom, exactly?!? Are you going to build your own roads, provide your own security, educate (at university levels) your own kids, etc. etc. etc?!?

That kind of shortsighted, "what's in it for me" thinking is what got us into the mess we're in!

Dude... April fools day was yesterday! :cuckoo:

-Joe

Avg-Joe asks the $64 trillion dollar question:

Fix the economy for whom, exactly?!?

Now if you can but pluck the rice of grain from my hand, grasshopper, your training will be complete.

very easy.

get rid of department of homeland security. remove American troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and everywhere else. stop sending money and weapons to Israel.

keep getting rid of useless programs and departments for as long as it takes until your budget is balanced.

done !

i would of course get rid of department of education. but only about 1 in 100 people are smart enough to understand that its a good idea. it's not something an average brainwashed moron can understand.

Fix the economy for whom, exactly?!? Are you going to build your own roads, provide your own security, educate (at university levels) your own kids, etc. etc. etc?!?

1 - we HAVE NO roads in this country. what we have is SHIT.

2 - i NEVER have been helped by a cop. i get tickets form them regularly though.

3 - i went to a private university. i would never let my kids go to a public school.

----------------------------------------------------

if i could get in my car, hit 150 mph legally and not encounter any traffic on the way to downtown Manhattan then i would say the the taxes are worth paying.

instead i get behind the wheel in the middle of the night 10 miles away from Manhattan and i still find myself stuck in traffic because in a city with almost 20 million people the highway only has 3 lanes and out of those they blocked 2 for repairs ...

and those fucking repairs never fix shit ! recently my tire damn near exploded when i hit a pothole. all the air was gone in seconds. this is in the middle of new york - and the roads feel like you're in zimbabwe.

i don't need to be paying for this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo1iaL0Lco&NR=1[/ame]

Last edited:

1 - we HAVE NO roads in this country. what we have is SHIT.

2 - i NEVER have been helped by a cop. i get tickets form them regularly though.

3 - i went to a private university. i would never let my kids go to a public school.

----------------------------------------------------

if i could get in my car, hit 150 mph legally and not encounter any traffic on the way to downtown Manhattan then i would say the the taxes are worth paying.

instead i get behind the wheel in the middle of the night 10 miles away from Manhattan and i still find myself stuck in traffic because in a city with almost 20 million people the highway only has 3 lanes and out of those they blocked 2 for repairs ...

and those fucking repairs never fix shit ! recently my tire damn near exploded when i hit a pothole. all the air was gone in seconds. this is in the middle of new york - and the roads feel like you're in zimbabwe.

i don't need to be paying for this

So?!

Do we quit? Give up? Take what's mine and head underground? Should we tell our neighbors that because yet another government got away from the people and funneled much of the available resources to the most powerful it's time to roll over and quit collecting resources for common infrastructure?

"America Quits When The Going Gets Tough... Film at 11:00" - That's a hell of a headline, eh?

If you lose your job and you can't find another, you invest in your education and learn another gig.

If you can't get to work you invest in alternative transportation.

Good night people! This isn't rocket science!

I sure as hell hope that the legacy of the financial screwing and indentured servitude by the republicrats of the last 50 years, hidden behind the mask of 'corporate identities', is not going to be a bunch of whining quitters.

Let's pool our last borrowed Chinese chips and get behind the first national politician since Eisenhower with any leadership and vision, get off our asses and build some centrally planned infrastructure for our kids.

The Chinese have been using their strong central government to plan for their future for years and our financial debacle has shown them that a 50 year plan from the top is essential in the global market. They are now on board with the value of letting people make decisions for themselves and they understand that educating them makes them able to make decisions that will benefit the whole community. The only thing keeping them from kicking our ass in the next economy is us.

Are you whiny-ass republican hold-outs gonna let the Chinese kick our ass in the next economy?

-Joe

Last edited:

very easy.

get rid of department of homeland security. remove American troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and everywhere else. stop sending money and weapons to Israel.

keep getting rid of useless programs and departments for as long as it takes until your budget is balanced.

done !

i would of course get rid of department of education. but only about 1 in 100 people are smart enough to understand that its a good idea. it's not something an average brainwashed moron can understand.

Let's see ... still spending money, still have deficits. Didn't work.

Let's see ... still spending money, still have deficits. Didn't work.

lol what are you talking about ?

virtually ALL of the government can be tossed in the trash safely.

certainly all of the FEDERAL government can.

if those degenerates can't balance a budget well we don't really need them to begin with !

my favorite definition of government is "institution or organization that exercises a monopoly of violence of a given geographical area"

for all the fun they get to have raping us least they can do is balance the budget.

Last edited:

Now if you can but pluck the rice of grain from my hand, grasshopper, your training will be complete.

It's actually a pebble.

Yes I am a Kung Fu geek so don't be messing up Master Kan's quotes

The basis of your proposals is centered around ignorance of the diminishing rate of marginal utility.

Anarchist? Yes I agree that by eliminating the Federal Government you can avoid deficit irrespective of revenues.

An anarchist might favor the destruction of heavily centralized state power so as to promote decentralized management through collectives and communes, but no legitimate anarchist would ever promote the expansion of capitalism that this specimen does. As with feudalism, Soviet state capitalism, and similarly authoritarian economic orders, anarchists are necessarily anti-capitalists.

Somalia has no government.

How's that working out for them?

Quite badly. The tyranny of local warlords and pirates underscores the fact that mere opposition to the state cannot effectively eliminate hierarchical authoritarianism...thereby completely undermining the position of "anarcho"-capitalists. The current situation in Somalia is an excellent portrayal of how "anarcho"-capitalism functions in practice.

Always the extreme arguments.

The only reason the federal government should exist is to manage those activities that cannot be done at a local level. National defense, brokering and enforcing treaties with foreign governments etc.

The only reason for state and local government to exist is to manage those activities that cannot be done at an individual level. Roads, sewers, etc

Neither federal or local governments should have as a responsibility any more than that.

Always the extreme arguments.

The only reason the federal government should exist is to manage those activities that cannot be done at a local level. National defense, brokering and enforcing treaties with foreign governments etc.

The only reason for state and local government to exist is to manage those activities that cannot be done at an individual level. Roads, sewers, etc

Neither federal or local governments should have as a responsibility any more than that.

You know I have absolutely no problem with what you just wrote?

I theory you are absolutely correct.

It's always the APPLICATION of that theory where I find myself at odds with most libertarian thinkers.

It's actually a pebble.

Yes I am a Kung Fu geek so don't be messing up Master Kan's quotes

O.k. o.k. ...... I'll do it again... I don't see why, though - if I can snag the rice, I should be able to get the pebble... *sheesh*

-Joe

Forum List

Back