How to fix our corrupt and dysfunctioal government

Make it a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for any elected or appointed govenment official that lies to the American public. Maybe 10 years if it is a stupid and pointless lie. An example of a pointless lie is when the Trump administration for no apparent reason said it had created 49,000 new coal jobs when there were only 47,000 when they took office.

I understand your frustration, but this is a fairytale solution. Who exactly will determine what is considered lying? The government itself. Quick way to abuse.

So, I'm a deplorable, and you wanna punch me in the face?

What if I told you I hit 3x harder than you could ever dream of doing and have beat the shit out of people that are on death row? Want some? I damn sure got it for ya, pussy boy. You'll get 1 lick, and then I'll break you.
Hope to see you marching with a tiki torch.

Only thing I'll be marching with is a rifle on a sling, ok? I'll beat you like Davy Crockett when he ran out of ammo, motherfucker. Remember The Alamo!

Lol. Internet warrior.

Thus saith the internet fake lawyer.
Not sure how the direction this conversation has gone is helping me understand where anyone is coming from. Fear and violence are unlikely going to make anything better for anyone.
Fear of violence is how we got the New Deal and Civil Rights. Our totalitarianism government knows we are coming for them so they militarized the police to quash us with violence -- e.g., Occupy Wall Street. We are left with no other choice but to fight.

Hope to see you marching with a tiki torch.

Only thing I'll be marching with is a rifle on a sling, ok? I'll beat you like Davy Crockett when he ran out of ammo, motherfucker. Remember The Alamo!

Lol. Internet warrior.

Not sure how the direction this conversation has gone is helping me understand where anyone is coming from. Fear and violence are unlikely going to make anything better for anyone.
Fear of violence is how we got the New Deal and Civil Rights. Our totalitarianism government knows we are coming for them so they militarized the police to quash us with violence -- e.g., Occupy Wall Street. We are left with no other choice but to fight.

That's a good way to get ventilated by the National Guard, just sayin'.

When's the last time you saw a looter get shot in the head as you were driving by, hmm? He hit the pavement and slid on his face, ok?

Make it a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for any elected or appointed govenment official that lies to the American public. Maybe 10 years if it is a stupid and pointless lie. An example of a pointless lie is when the Trump administration for no apparent reason said it had created 49,000 new coal jobs when there were only 47,000 when they took office.

Change the way people vote so the politicians have to at least pretend they're working for the voters. Proportional Representation would add more parties, more voices, more choice.

Lol. Internet warrior.

That's a good way to get ventilated by the National Guard, just sayin'.

When's the last time you saw a looter get shot in the head as you were driving by, hmm? He hit the pavement and slid on his face, ok?
You're right. We should've let the British tax us so they could afford to occupy the world. And we should've allowed the confederates to secede so family farms had to compete with slave labor.

How to fix our corrupt and dysfunctioal government
giphy.webp

Forum List

Back