How To End All Religous Wars

They killed for political reasons not in the name of atheism.

But for political reasons, we have a new MESSIAH that's going to bring peace the world with a wave of his hand. You can keep politics out of this discussion.

I would actually increase the concept to everyone willing to kill those who follow another ideology. All religions are ideologies, not all ideologies are religions.

Not the same. And the problem we have with the world today as far as rampant killing is religious zealots, namely muslims.

Stalin ... sure though not as many as you seem to think, but Tung was religious, just not christian. Are you forgetting all the other religions again?

Also, billions have died in the Middle East so far based solely on religious differences, just in the last ten years. You are just blinded by your own prejudice. I am religious, just not part of a typical religion, but even my own religious ideals destroyed one entire city to keep a single religion from taking over the region (though those slain were given a choice to give up their beliefs first).

"Not as many as you seem to think".
Stalin was responsible for the death of 17 million Russians..his own people.

Both decried religion.
Mao referred to it as toxic.

And just where do you get that? I've condemned no one.

When you said "... namely muslims" that was condemning them.

The whole quote again: Not the same. And the problem we have with the world today as far as rampant killing is religious zealots, namely muslims.

And you need to look up the meaning of the word "condemn" kiddo. Stating a fact isn't a condemnation.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
When you said "... namely muslims" that was condemning them.

The whole quote again: Not the same. And the problem we have with the world today as far as rampant killing is religious zealots, namely muslims.

Facts are a nasty thing, and I did NOT say I *condemned* muslims. I mentioned them. You extrapolated what you wanted to hear. So with that, you tell me that most of killing in the world today is NOT done by muslims...... I'll wait.

But before you completely derail my thread, is not GK's idea a good one?

Last edited:
Judges 19.19 to 20.15,

first a mass rape, followed by the raped victim beeing cut into pieces, followed by the pieces beeing send around to everyone, followed by a fairly indiscriminate slaughter of everyone remotly associated with the perpetrators.

The Conquest of Jericho, "slay everything that breaths",

the various punishments the jews were subjected to for not slaying everything that breathed.

The Koran is actually nicer, since the targets of the Muslims had the opportunity to convert, something the inhabitants of Jericho did not have.

You know, there is a reason while several influential "heretic sects" in the middle ages (namely the Cathars) infered that the God of the Old testament was actually the devil (in theory that should have made them very hostile to jews, i do not know if that was the case though).

The difference is that God's prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus, and the wording of our holy book is not such as to lend us to believe that the butchery of innocents is something we should be doing today.

Yes, there have been events and incidents in the past where people, including innocents, were killed with the ok of God. But we are not told we should be out scouting for innocents to kill on daily basis, nor are we told we should kill everyone who doesn't believe as we do.

That's the diff between the Koran and the Bible.

Secular mass murderers: book Death by Government R.J. Rummel - Clearly a book written for nothing but to insight violence on those not of his religion.

Josef Stalin 42,672,000 - The only true atheist in the bunch, so you get this one.

Mao Zedong 37,828,000 - Tao ... it is a religion, look it up sometime.

Adolf Hitler 20,946,000 - A christian convert exterminating another religious group because he thought the religion was evil (not the race as people are so easily fooled into believing since he WAS Jewish blood).

Chiang Kai-shek 10,214,000 - Believed himself to be a god, thus religious, duh.

Vladimir Lenin 4,017,000 - Agnostic, spoke several times that he was ordained by a god, just never which one.

Hideki Tojo 3,990,000 - Tao again.

Pol Pot 2,397,000 - Another agnostic, still relgious. If memory serves right he mention a god in some statements.

Back to my horror movies, untainted by religious zealots and fantastic. My religion ... well, we celebrate death.
Never heard of Mao having a religion, but anyway he killed in the name of communism. Millions died as a result of famine he induced to implement his grand communist plan.

Hitler killed in the name of world conquest and prejudice. It had nothing to do with religion.

Chiang Kai-shek was of no religion and killed based on power struggles with the communists and the Japanese.

Lenin killed to enforce communism.

Hideki Tojo killed for his emperor.

Pol Pot killed to implement communism.

Facts are a nasty thing, and I did NOT say I *condemned* muslims. I mentioned them. You extrapolated what you wanted to hear. So with that, you tell me that most of killing in the world today is NOT done by muslims...... I'll wait.

But before you completely derail my thread, is not GK's idea a good one?

I agreed with it already, but you however placed focus on a specific religious ideology thus you also fit the same description of those included.

I agreed with it already, but you however placed focus on a specific religious ideology thus you also fit the same description of those included.

I named muslims as an example because most all killing going on the world today done in the name of religion is done by muslims. Do you disagree?

In sheer numbers perhaps, but percentages based on practicing zealots it's about even for all.

Not even close. 90% of all killing in the name of religion, in cold blood, of innocent people that aren't even combatants including women and children, is done by muslims.

But that fact is moot. My premise is put *ALL* those who feel the need to BLOW SOMEONE UP or SAW SOMEONES HEAD OFF in the name of religion in a place where they can kill others who believe the same way, to keep them away from people who don't. I think the world would be a much more peaceful place.

Last edited:
There are no religious wars.

There are wars of economics which the leaders pretend are about religion.

How do you end them?

Fix the economics...or better still, kill the leaders.

Forum List

Back