How To End All Religous Wars

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
First, find a spot of land, large enough to hold large armies, then gather all those who want to kill others in the name of religion and let them go at it. Give them every weapon at their disposal except nuclear bombs. When the killing is done and the winners emerge, kill the winners. The children left by those who died who haven't been indoctrinated into the belief that if you're not of their religion, you must die, then rehabilitate them to treat their fellow man as they themselves want to be treated.

Now tell me why this wouldn't work.

Author of the idea, GK.

As much as I would love to see the end result just for giggles, if everyone REALLY wanted peace they would just stop fighting.

We need to put the whole thing on TV then, so at least we can say we got something useful from religious nuts.

Thing is, not all religious people are nuts and not all nuts are religious.

That's not what I meant.

The proposal is to put a certain brand of religious nuts (believe in my God or die types) into an arena and kill each other, I say put it live on national TV so that we can say we got something useful from those nuts. I'm not so gullible as to believe most religious people are religious nuts.

I guess you two slept through History class.

Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse Tung

More than 100 million dead at the hands of these militant Atheists.

They were militant communists, all good communists are atheists (comes with the loyalty to state above all else mantra).

Unless you can prove they specifically killed those people over religion it doesn't count (unless I can point to every murderer who was a Christian regardless of motive).

It's essentially the same argument as 'they listened to rock and roll, then killed someone therefore the rock and roll made them do it (or in this case they did it in the name of rock and roll)'.

I guess you two slept through History class.

Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse Tung

More than 100 million dead at the hands of these militant Atheists.

Stalin ... sure though not as many as you seem to think, but Tung was religious, just not christian. Are you forgetting all the other religions again?

Also, billions have died in the Middle East so far based solely on religious differences, just in the last ten years. You are just blinded by your own prejudice. I am religious, just not part of a typical religion, but even my own religious ideals destroyed one entire city to keep a single religion from taking over the region (though those slain were given a choice to give up their beliefs first).

That's not what I meant.

The proposal is to put a certain brand of religious nuts (believe in my God or die types) into an arena and kill each other, I say put it live on national TV so that we can say we got something useful from those nuts. I'm not so gullible as to believe most religious people are religious nuts.

Well true, it would be worth the ticket price, so to say.

They were militant communists, all good communists are atheists (comes with the loyalty to state above all else mantra).

Unless you can prove they specifically killed those people over religion it doesn't count (unless I can point to every murderer who was a Christian regardless of motive).

It's essentially the same argument as 'they listened to rock and roll, then killed someone therefore the rock and roll made them do it (or in this case they did it in the name of rock and roll)'.

Atheism is a belief system. Communism could not exist without atheism. Are there peaceful atheists? Yes. Are there peaceful Muslims and Jews? Yes. And many religious people have been killed in the name of Communism because religion is not allowed because they are atheists. I am merely trying to point out the silliness of the original post, but you folks can't see it.

Religious wars are so completely stupid.

If your God wanted an entire population dead, or a city destroyed why the hell would he need mortals to do it for him? Wouldn't it be faster, easier and less costly if the God did it himself?

I wonder if this ever crosses the minds of people who kill in the name of religion.

Atheism is a belief system. Communism could not exist without atheism. Are there peaceful atheists? Yes. Are there peaceful Muslims and Jews? Yes. And many religious people have been killed in the name of Communism because religion is not allowed because they are atheists. I am merely trying to point out the silliness of the original post, but you folks can't see it.

LOL ... you really are blind. China has a few religions by the way.

Stalin ... sure though not as many as you seem to think, but Tung was religious, just not christian. Are you forgetting all the other religions again?

Also, billions have died in the Middle East so far based solely on religious differences, just in the last ten years. You are just blinded by your own prejudice. I am religious, just not part of a typical religion, but even my own religious ideals destroyed one entire city to keep a single religion from taking over the region (though those slain were given a choice to give up their beliefs first).

Tung wasn't religious and there is no prejudice here. Just don't single out religions as the main harbingers of death.

They were not really killed because "religion was not allowed". The reasons used to justify that were usually much more creative.
I would go so far to say that only a small minority of all victims was killed by atheists due to them believing in any god.

Religious wars are so completely stupid.

If your God wanted an entire population dead, or a city destroyed why the hell would he need mortals to do it for him? Wouldn't it be faster, easier and less costly if the God did it himself?

I wonder if this ever crosses the minds of people who kill in the name of religion.

In reality, they don't fight the wars because of their religion but instead use the religion to wrongly justify the war.

They were not really killed because "religion was not allowed". The reasons used to justify that were usually much more creative.
I would go so far to say that only a small minority of all victims was killed by atheists due to them believing in any god.

Most it's because of resources (money) or political issues.

Atheism is a belief system. Communism could not exist without atheism.

Communism doesn't need atheism to survive, it's a type of government. But yeah I guess to an evil communist dictator any religious type would be put on the undesirable list (along with capitalists and the like).

Anyway if we can find any atheists who believe religions need to be forcefully removed, in the death arena they go.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back