How to do Patio Makeover - Before & After Photos

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is very simple to do and quite inexpensive. For my patio makeover project I used 3 colors of Rustoleum Hammered metal series outdoor spray paint. I bought 3 handles to use with the cans to make spraying job easier. First I pressure washed cement patio and let it dry 24 hours. My only tool was a paver mold I bought at Lowes for 15.00 dollars. I used a tooth brush to blend in the colors on some "stones".. I have more photos. This is the first to give you an idea.

This is a photo of the paver mold needed to get this stenciled stone look. I put a sprayer handle in one of the blocks so you can see what that looks like also.

That is the final look with patio plants and furniture back in place. It's a large patio so it took me about 2 weeks to complete. - Jeri

I forgot to add that the previous picture is patio completed with 2 coats of clear cement sealer to keep the "grout lines" looking new.

Thanks, Mr. H. I saw a photo of a foyer someone did in a polished cement and used spray paint. I figured if it worked for her it will work for me so I adapted it to rough cement outdoors. When I pressure washed it I left any stains to give the stones a more realistic look. It worked. I also didn't shake all the cans. That gave me the darker terra cotta colors you see and the lighter light gold colors was the color that came out of the bottom of the same can. I did that will all three colors for contrast and diversity.

It will last longer than the patio refinishers that stain your concrete or use stencils for cement - those colors fade - mine won't. I looked into outdoor spray paint and found out that graffiti doesn't wear off. It has to be painted over. So my patio should last forever.

I also added an outdoor black and tan rug and lighting on the gazebo. This is how it looks at night...

It glistens in the sun too because it is the hammered metal series! My cat likes it. thanks, ya'll.

Forum List

Back