How to Discipline Your Wife

Seriously?

In order to describe to you what is Christian Domestic Discipline, I'd first like to start with what it is not.

Christian Domestic Discipline is not domestic violence. Neither is it abuse. It is an arrangement between two adults who share the belief that the husband is the head of the household and with that position comes the right to enforce his authority.

Christian Domestic Discipline is not BDSM. It is not a game. While we do not deny its sometimes erotic nature, it is ultimately not for erotic purposes. It is often much different than the domestic discipline you will find outside of the Christian faith.

A Christian Domestic Discipline marriage is set up according to the guidelines set forth in the Holy Bible, meaning the husband has authority over his wife within the bounds of God's Word and enforces that authority, if need be, through discipline including but not limited to spanking. He uses his authority to keep peace and order in his home, protect his marriage, and help his wife mature in her Christian walk.

In a true Christian Domestic Discipline marriage, discipline is tempered with the knowledge that the husband must answer to God for his actions and decisions in his position of authority.

This is so weird...is it meant to be a joke?

50 Shades of Grey for the bible thumpers
true :p

Seriously?

Isn't Christianity just dogmatic masochism anyway?

That's certainly what some would like you to believe.

I don't need to take anyone's word for it. I was a Christian once.
Not if you were involved in dogmatic masochism, you weren't.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
-- Jesus

See?

I see you're an idiot.

The modern egalitarian couple negotiates the entire decision making process. That can be enriching and empowering. It can also lead to confusion and constant bickering. It's the main reason I've chosen to be single for a while after 10 years of marriage and a few stretches of dating people with different upbringings and backgrounds. I need a break from having to negotiate every decision of life.

There's something to be said for gender roles in society. You go into a relationship knowing what to expect, and who is responsible for different areas of decision making. The couple can triangulate with a traditional social framework and thereby avoid the negotiation process which often involves emotional blackmail, micro-aggression, relationship score-keeping, blame, and time spent in counseling.

The modern egalitarian couple negotiates the entire decision making process. That can be enriching and empowering. It can also lead to confusion and constant bickering. It's the main reason I've chosen to be single for a while after 10 years of marriage and a few stretches of dating people with different upbringings and backgrounds. I need a break from having to negotiate every decision of life.

There's something to be said for gender roles in society. You go into a relationship knowing what to expect, and who is responsible for different areas of decision making. The couple can triangulate with a traditional social framework and thereby avoid the negotiation process which often involves emotional blackmail, micro-aggression, relationship score-keeping, blame, and time spent in counseling.

You know, you make marriage sound so unappealing--especially if you get involved with the wrong partner.

You know, you make marriage sound so unappealing--especially if you get involved with the wrong partner.

The benefits of marriage are obvious. And I did say that there are advantages to going into a relationship without external societal expectations.

The benefits of marriage are obvious. And I did say that there are advantages to going into a relationship without external societal expectations.

Yes, you did say that...

But your description of the potential drawbacks were so vivid, and given my familial background, psychologically disturbing.

Yes, you did say that...

But your description of the potential drawbacks were so vivid, and given my familial background, psychologically disturbing.

Sorry, man. I'm just enjoying being single and having the entire decision making process to myself. I'll probably change my mind in a few years, but maybe not.

Probably the most important factor in a relationship is finding a compatible person. But, having the support of a religious community and the road map they provide is not without merit. That's all I'm saying.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
-- Jesus

See?

Just because you are unable or unwilling to open your eyes, your heart, and your intellect (should you have any) doesn't mean that others are the same as you. If you really had any interest you could easily find out what that quote you just posted really means, but you don't. Your only interest is in posting something that you clearly don't understand, and then trying to use it as a tool against itself or where it originated from in order to continue to spew your own hate and doubt. Hopefully, for your own sake, you figure it out before it's too late.

My own feeling do not change the facts. Christians are to take up their cross daily and rejoice about it. Textbook masochism (if indeed they are genuine in these feelings and deeds).

-- Jesus

See?

Just because you are unable or unwilling to open your eyes, your heart, and your intellect (should you have any) doesn't mean that others are the same as you. If you really had any interest you could easily find out what that quote you just posted really means, but you don't. Your only interest is in posting something that you clearly don't understand, and then trying to use it as a tool against itself or where it originated from in order to continue to spew your own hate and doubt. Hopefully, for your own sake, you figure it out before it's too late.

My own feeling do not change the facts. Christians are to take up their cross daily and rejoice about it. Textbook masochism (if indeed they are genuine in these feelings and deeds).

Any given church might teach Christianity as if it were a simple punishment and reward system. You can pigeonhole it like that if it makes it easier for you to dismiss, as if all Christians were simply driven by guilt to be brainwashed by static dogma. If that's the entire scope of your regard for Christianity, then maybe your highest potential for spiritual attainment would be to be a fundamentalist anyway. You're better off being an atheist.

Religion is above all a practice, and part of the purposeful exercise of all religions is to break the practitioner free from egocentricity. That's an effective relationship practice, to actually work daily on thinking about others. Believe it or not, the most common form of prayer is not for a new Mercedes. The most common form of prayer is for the well being of family and friends. The practice of religious rites to mark life events is meaningful to some people. And participation in a spiritual community can provide a support system for families.

The bottom line when it comes to marriage is that people of similar belief systems work better together. Atheists match best with atheists. Fundies match best with fundies. Transcendent practitioners of religion match best with similar partners who seek enlightenment, as shown on page 4 of this study;
https://www.prepare-enrich.com/pe/pdf/research/beliefsandmarriage.pdf

The most common form of prayer is for the well being of family and friends.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?

In all seriousness though, you seem to be saying that in practice, Christianity is just like other religions--an attempt at personal betterment?

Yes, you did say that...

Sorry, man. I'm just enjoying being single and having the entire decision making process to myself. I'll probably change my mind in a few years, but maybe not.

Probably the most important factor in a relationship is finding a compatible person. But, having the support of a religious community and the road map they provide is not without merit. That's all I'm saying.

Is macro-emotional-blackmail a more effective motivator?

Seriously?

In order to describe to you what is Christian Domestic Discipline, I'd first like to start with what it is not.

Christian Domestic Discipline is not domestic violence. Neither is it abuse. It is an arrangement between two adults who share the belief that the husband is the head of the household and with that position comes the right to enforce his authority.

Christian Domestic Discipline is not BDSM. It is not a game. While we do not deny its sometimes erotic nature, it is ultimately not for erotic purposes. It is often much different than the domestic discipline you will find outside of the Christian faith.

A Christian Domestic Discipline marriage is set up according to the guidelines set forth in the Holy Bible, meaning the husband has authority over his wife within the bounds of God's Word and enforces that authority, if need be, through discipline including but not limited to spanking. He uses his authority to keep peace and order in his home, protect his marriage, and help his wife mature in her Christian walk.

In a true Christian Domestic Discipline marriage, discipline is tempered with the knowledge that the husband must answer to God for his actions and decisions in his position of authority.

Actually, Christians have done more than any other religion on women's rights unlike the islamist whom you support

Seriously?

Actually, Christians have done more than any other religion on women's rights unlike the islamist whom you support

You're so cute. I don't support Islamist, but keep on lying :)

The most common form of prayer is for the well being of family and friends.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?

In all seriousness though, you seem to be saying that in practice, Christianity is just like other religions--an attempt at personal betterment?

My second point was that the practice of religion is more important than doctrine. In ancient Greece, people were aware of the fact that there were no literal bearded and gowned gods and goddesses to be found if one were to climb up Mt Olympus. Zeus, Athena, Dionysus, etc., were known to be abstract representations of metaphysical realities. What was important was to observe the rites and rituals in order to attune oneself those unseen realities.

Another point is that different people have different types of intelligence; logical, artistic, romantic, spiritual, etc.. How many people out of 100 can easily grasp advanced calculus? Not very many. How many people have the linguistic genius of Shakespeare or even Kurt Vonnegut? Few. Christianity was born out of highly advanced Essene yogis who dedicated their lives to spiritual pursuit. When you read the Gospels, it's notable that the apostles themselves constantly misunderstand what Jesus is saying. The J-man visits John the Baptist in jail, and even he doesn't get it. Christianity for the masses is necessarily dumbed down into a self-improvement program or a punishment-reward system.

The main point as it relates to this thread, which has to do with marriage, is that religions provide a road map for marriage and family life. A modern feminist and a man with 21st sensibilities are going to shudder at any sort of traditional gender roles. Casting off gender roles might be empowering as they work out what is best for their own situation. But, they are going to have to re-invent the wheel in a sense and that can lead also to strife, confusion, power-struggles and resentment.

Forum List

Back