How to destroy the USA IN SIX EASY STEPS..............

um, are you REALLY calling our national relationship with CUBA a symbiosis between cultures?

really?

But, again, Im glad you bring up Cubans given the overt discrepency between THEIR anti-castro immigration status and how that reflects on mexican immigration without the same political motivations...

I didn't confuse anything, Ravi. And he knows it or he wound't have ran strait to the Scarlet A when I asked for examples of his statement.

um, are you REALLY calling our national relationship with CUBA a symbiosis between cultures?

really?

But, again, Im glad you bring up Cubans given the overt discrepency between THEIR anti-castro immigration status and how that reflects on mexican immigration without the same political motivations...

I didn't confuse anything, Ravi. And he knows it or he wound't have ran strait to the Scarlet A when I asked for examples of his statement.

Nope, I'm pointing out to you how allowing people to become Americans makes them loyal and productive citizens. The reasons that they came may differ, but the bottom line is they all want a better life.

cubans are only loyal to spite Castro. And, as a matter of fact, we would not soak up the cuban refugee population if Cuba were not a commie nation. You really are naive, Ravi.

cubans are only loyal to spite Castro. And, as a matter of fact, we would not soak up the cuban refugee population if Cuba were not a commie nation. You really are naive, Ravi.

No, and I'm not retarded, either. Cubans that are now Americans are not loyal Americans to spite Castro.

There may be a small handful of them, but that's it.

No, and I'm not retarded, either. Cubans that are now Americans are not loyal Americans to spite Castro.

There may be a small handful of them, but that's it.

bullshit. Go to Miami and say something half as stupid to a Cuban.

I don't have to go to Miami. A lot of my relatives and friends are former Cubans.

then you are aware of their castro countdown and the entire wave of trepidation that causes the CUBAN population to get minor orgasms every time a story about castro's failing health comes up..

then you are aware of their castro countdown and the entire wave of trepidation that causes the CUBAN population to get minor orgasms every time a story about castro's failing health comes up..

Of course. That doesn't mean that the ones that are citizens want to go back. A lot of them have relatives there that they'd love to be reunited with. My sister-in-law's aunt came over for a "visit" a few months ago and she has no reason to go back...all her relatives are now Americans.

Now, if they got their property back that Fidel took, they might consider dual citizenship. But that's not going to happen.

move 20 to 50 million anywhere on earth and you got major problems..........

Well, considering that the INS lets in a million a year, and perhaps another 100k-200k slip in illegally, and this country has produced on average more than 2 million jobs per year over the past several decades, I don't think we have to worry too much about it.

well, why don't you start naming names then instead of being ambiguous as hell. And, blaming what you call xenophobic nationalist pricks means jack shit while you absolutely refuse to post examples of your goofy statement. .
Its only goofy cause your comprehension is lacking....

And, I dont really give a damn about your personal preference. You may enjoy near-slave labour .

You got a problem with principles behind afixing wages to certain types of labor... not very capitalist of you..

and a modern share cropper generation for the sake of your strawberry prices but, be sure, what makes ME laugh is how far those who think they are lefties will go to enable a cycle of a second class population for the sake of decks, lettuce and lawns while letting Mehico totally disregard it's own fucking peasant class..
Your concern for the working man is touching.. I grow my own vegetables and actually buy local organic produce that supports my community now that you bring that up.. I was speaking generally on lower wages in particular.

Now, I realize that this might be a bit too tough for you to digest since calling me an antisemite or racist or prick nationalist doesn't really fit the bill so why don't you focus your energy on naming all these fairy tale nations that blissfully exchange populations while maintaining their own individual identity. After all, PROSPERITY sure the fuck isn't much of an indicator given the PROSPERITY being enjoyed while Germany was busy taking over Europe, eh? Not to mention, the role your FINE example played in that particular war.

Lighten up nancy, the anti semite comment was a joke... I find it interesting that you went right for germany when the reasons for hitlers persecution of the jews is quite similar to this nations persecution of immigrants... Its all about manipulating the pawns... wonder what freud would have to say about that.....

Of course. That doesn't mean that the ones that are citizens want to go back. A lot of them have relatives there that they'd love to be reunited with. My sister-in-law's aunt came over for a "visit" a few months ago and she has no reason to go back...all her relatives are now Americans.

Now, if they got their property back that Fidel took, they might consider dual citizenship. But that's not going to happen.

well, a reason besides citizenship but who gives a fuck about laws, eh?

Now, if she were an actual American why would she give a damn about property that Castro took? She's got her little Havana, right? THat's exactly what im talking about. Hell, part of the reason we TOOK ON so many cubans was to repopulate Cuba after taking Cuba with force. Now, it's like a population of bad wedding gifts: collecting dust until another wedding comes along (castro free cuba) in which to regift (go back to cuba). America never sat down and was like, "Shit, We NEED more Cubans!"

Its only goofy cause your comprehension is lacking....

Then name the countries that you suggested conveys quite the opposite as you originally ininuated. Why can't you simply bitchslap me with the list that you must have been looking at when posting goofy statements?

You got a problem with principles behind afixing wages to certain types of labor... not very capitalist of you..

Are you new? Who says Im a capitalist? I'v enever been one to rationalize second class citizens for the sake of the price of strawberries any more than I would rationalize dominating Caribbean islands for the sake of sugar prices.

Maybe you'd like to try again and take another swing?

Your concern for the working man is touching.. I grow my own vegetables and actually buy local organic produce that supports my community now that you bring that up.. I was speaking generally on lower wages in particular.

good for you. But your original point suggests that prosperity is the key factor in judging the social benefit from mixing cultures and national identities. Im calling your bluff because thats simply not true. By enabling mexico to shrug off its pauper class you allow our southern border to remain a festering shithole where their police chiefs have to run to the US for asylum. Why would Mexico want to stop it's bleeding while the US acts like it's box of tampons?

Lighten up nancy, the anti semite comment was a joke... I find it interesting that you went right for germany when the reasons for hitlers persecution of the jews is quite similar to this nations persecution of immigrants... Its all about manipulating the pawns... wonder what freud would have to say about that.....

uh, no... Germany is only one of many reasons why bringing up Jews as an example of accepted pluralistic cultures is a joke. What IS the Israeli motto again? "Give us a nation because we are eternally persecuted"? Germany is just the most significant example of this illogical example.

It's not so much about manipulated pawns as it is common national identity and broad cohesion among a mass of people in a particular local area. For instance, how long did it take Brits in the New World to seperate from the motherland? How long did it take French speaking Quebec to want autonomy from Canada? How long did Texas remain with Mexico after the first Euro's started settling? California? Austrailia was once a penal colony; now, it doesn't have to follow the beck and call of the British crown. Eastern Europe, for christs sake. IRAQ.

Im used to the application of the Scarlet Letter as soon as I start making valid points about the chosen. You'll have to forgive me if I assumed that you were circumventing discussion with a reflexive scarlet letter.

not that I give freud any real consideration this side of pavlov, milgram and skinner

well, a reason besides citizenship but who gives a fuck about laws, eh?

Now, if she were an actual American why would she give a damn about property that Castro took? She's got her little Havana, right? THat's exactly what im talking about. Hell, part of the reason we TOOK ON so many cubans was to repopulate Cuba after taking Cuba with force. Now, it's like a population of bad wedding gifts: collecting dust until another wedding comes along (castro free cuba) in which to regift (go back to cuba). America never sat down and was like, "Shit, We NEED more Cubans!"

Because property has value. This only applies to the first wave that came over, btw...way back when Castro first came to power. Most of the rest of them probably lost no real propety. Now they own homes, have good jobs, educations, speak english...no way the ones that are citizens are going back.

Originally posted by Shogun
We are talking about an infestation of illegals treating it's host the same way botfly larvae uses ITS host. There is no integration or assimilation going on. Mexicans here illegally are still speaking Spanish and continuing their MEXICAN lifestyles with the benefit of clean running water and a government that can actually maintain the semblance of law.

But you had a lengthy debate with Adam’s Apple, Eightball and others about the assimilation of Hispanics into mainstream American society in which you argued that Mexicans were following the same pattern of previous immigration waves: each new generation losing more and more their cultural, emotional ties to the old homeland.

Have you changed your mind about this issue recently?

Nothing wrong with that, I did it myself many times in my life.

Yep. Some of my cuban friends kids don't even know how to speak spanish.

Do they live in Miami? Do you think they reflect the entire population of Cubans in south Florida?

José;692522 said:
But you had a lengthy debate with Adam’s Apple, Eightball and others about the assimilation of Hispanics into mainstream American society in which you argued that Mexicans were following the same pattern of previous immigration waves: each new generation losing more and more their cultural, emotional ties to the old homeland.

Have you changed your mind about this issue recently?

Nothing wrong with that, I did it myself many times in my life.

not at all. Sure, it's the same process in three generations but Germany wasn't directly to our southern border pumping it's pauper class into our nation illegally every year. We got to decide how many Germans and Irish to allow into the club. They didn't come because someone wanted to strike back at their homeland leaders (cuba) or rationalize the price of carrots (mexico). Hell, Germany and Ireland have gone on to become nations that you might very well enjoy living in. Can you say the same thing about Mexico? And, don't you think that illegal mexicans see the discrepancy between how we accept Cubans and not Mexicans?

This is a nation of laws, yo. jumping the border disregards an America prerogative that just wasn't the case with Irish and Germans.

Forum List

Back