how to delete private messages

been trying to figure that out.
I don't think you can. Since more than one person is involved, all you can do is remove yourself from it. Maybe if the other person does, too? Then it might be gone? If you figure it out, let me know.

3300-athletic_gray-z1-t-me-too.png

One of the mods told me you can delete them up to an hour, after that they stay. Mods can't see them unless they're invited in, again, within an hour. Admins can see them so if you threaten to murder somebody......
eusa_shifty.gif

Last edited:
So??? can the mods see them or not? you seem to contradict yourself.

So??? can the mods see them or not? you seem to contradict yourself.

Mod staff has ZERO access to PMs unless they are on the Invite list. As far as Admin goes -- the forum software doesn't make it visible to them without 3rd party add-ons. Don't know if they bought those for any legitimate reasons. PM posts/threads are of course in "data base form" (not formatted text) and COULD be read with a LOT of difficulty or special tools that ONLY the Admin IT folks would have.

For all practical purposes they ARE PRIVATE.

No way to delete. Also no way I know of to SEARCH content -- which is big problem for moderators as well as members. Though there is an option (buried somewhere) for searching by sender/receiver names.
Moderators can't even delete stupid embarrassing stuff they say in Mod Room PMs. We can only edit it. :ack-1:

Maybe you could look and see if members have an "edit" option on each PM post. It's too late tonight for me to check that out..

The suggestion about ALL PARTIES selecting to "leave" the Conversion MIGHT work. Dunno. But it would unlink the complete convo -- not just selected posts.

Been here a while, and still don't know how to even send a PM that is 'private'; all of mine are visible that I've received and sent to anybody who visits mine and theirs' profile, and anybody can apparently comment in the 'conversation'. lol Haven't sent but very few anyway, so not a real problem; most of the posters I would send them to here have more private message software on other sites I can use.

I think I deleted a few, but I don't remember how I did it. I'll try again sometime. I can only post a couple of times here before my apparently permanent 'Slow Down' restrictions kicks in and it takes half an hour for a page to load or a post to go through, so it will be a couple of days.

it's been awhile since i had to delete any but i think one of the buttons at the top in PM - if clicked on - should give you the option to 'leave conversation' & that does it.

it's been awhile since i had to delete any but i think one of the buttons at the top in PM - if clicked on - should give you the option to 'leave conversation' & that does it.

That's what I do. I choose not to be notified if a PM is replied to, and it does go away then. Kind of an odd set up.

Forum List

Back