How to deactivate an account

Would someone please tell me how to deactivate an account? I'm just not seeing it.

Thank you!
Internet discussion boards are like the Mafia, you cannot "deactivate".

You can get banned, but, your account will never close because they need the numbers to present to advertisers.

• Banned
Yeah, that is what I suspected when I could not find instructions to deactivate. There really aren't that many people posting here when you look at the actual membership numbers. MOST people do not post but I am quite sure numbers look good to advertisers on the surface.

Yeah, that is what I suspected when I could not find instructions to deactivate. There really aren't that many people posting here when you look at the actual membership numbers. MOST people do not post but I am quite sure numbers look good to advertisers on the surface.

It used to be a lot busier. We had private groups which gave members a sense of camaraderie with like-minded folks and there was a system of giving "positive reps" vs. "negative reps" which gave the place a more exciting feel. It was like the real world where posters got to experience pats on the back as well as stabs in the back. To move forward with "positive reps" one had to be judicial in his/her approach while posting so as to avoid getting a "neg rep." When all of that went away so did a lot of the posters. It's still a pretty good forum but not nearly as good as it used to be.

Would someone please tell me how to deactivate an account? I'm just not seeing it.

Thank you!

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

• Banned
I haven't posted here in awhile. But I have to say I'm not overly impressed with administration.

I posted my experiences of the news media in Mexico. I didn't claim I believed it, just that it is. It was moved to the Rubber Room. I see where another person wanted to discuss the issue so they posted about it. The thread was locked.

I contacted the staff about it asking... what's the deal? I was ignored although the admin/mod was on line when I sent the PM.

I'm left wondering if I have to ask what my opinions/experiences should be before posting. Not my idea of a quality run forum. But, I also fully acknowledge this isn't my sandbox and I don't make the rules. If I want a political forum that is run differently I need to start my own. That is very fair and realistic. Thus, I went looking for a way to end the account. It does not exist that I can find.

I totally get that a political forum is likely far more difficult to run than other topics but this simply isn't my cup of tea. I guess I can see why this forum isn't as busy as it used to be. Especially in light of the current events today.

I haven't posted here in awhile. But I have to say I'm not overly impressed with administration.

I posted my experiences of the news media in Mexico. I didn't claim I believed it, just that it is. It was moved to the Rubber Room. I see where another person wanted to discuss the issue so they posted about it. The thread was locked.

I contacted the staff about it asking... what's the deal? I was ignored although the admin/mod was on line when I sent the PM.

I'm left wondering if I have to ask what my opinions/experiences should be before posting. Not my idea of a quality run forum. But, I also fully acknowledge this isn't my sandbox and I don't make the rules. If I want a political forum that is run differently I need to start my own. That is very fair and realistic. Thus, I went looking for a way to end the account. It does not exist that I can find.

I totally get that a political forum is likely far more difficult to run than other topics but this simply isn't my cup of tea. I guess I can see why this forum isn't as busy as it used to be. Especially in light of the current events today.

The thread is not locked.

This board allows even the most outlandish and ridiculous opinions, including yours that President Obama will change the Constitution in order to run for a third term.

No one is forcing you to post. If its not "your cup of tea", you don't have to post.

And yes, if you want a board that is run differently, by all means, start your own.

///Sigh///

I swear, you have to be a liberal. You are reading challenged.

I did not ask how to stop posting, I asked how to deactivate the account.

I did not claim my thread was locked, I claimed the other person who also wanted to discuss the topic, his thread was locked.

I think this is another reason I really want this account to go away. It's tedious explaining things to the liberals.

I respectfully request that I be banned. I don't want to make the mistake of returning here again. I had forgotten about this forum and ran across the link and came here. I'm remembering why I left before.

Ban, please.

The thread is not locked.

This board allows even the most outlandish and ridiculous opinions, including yours that President Obama will change the Constitution in order to run for a third term.

No one is forcing you to post. If its not "your cup of tea", you don't have to post.

And yes, if you want a board that is run differently, by all means, start your own.

the other one is locked --LOL

posted by this poster

wolfstrike

Sorry for misunderstanding what thread was locked.

It takes a lot to get a thread locked here so I'd like to see it. Link please?

Thank you!

Not much reason to. Once you post things they'll remain even if you delete your account, so might as well leave the account open in case you change your mind.

I have been at sites where they would allow you to do it by PM'ing an administrator. Even if your post stays, it lets other posters know not to direct inquiries, etc at the deactivated member.

///Sigh///

I did not claim my thread was locked, I claimed the other person who also wanted to discuss the topic, his thread was locked.

I think this is another reason I really want this account to go away. It's tedious explaining things to the liberals.

I respectfully request that I be banned. I don't want to make the mistake of returning here again. I had forgotten about this forum and ran across the link and came here. I'm remembering why I left before.

Ban, please.

If you want to be banned, you need to ask admin. Posting it here doesn't do that.

You could report your own post and make your request there. Or, you could write directly to cereal_killer or post it in the Announcements forum.

Or, you could just stop posting and delete your bookmark.

If I am not banned I am going to go to my spam folder and start copying Rayban sunglasses ads, penis enlargement products, and letters from Nigeria asking if I can give my $25,000,000 to you in trade for your bank account info.

Okay, I won't do that but I do wish to be banned.

///Edit to add: I did report my post.///

It used to be a lot busier. We had private groups which gave members a sense of camaraderie with like-minded folks and there was a system of giving "positive reps" vs. "negative reps" which gave the place a more exciting feel. It was like the real world where posters got to experience pats on the back as well as stabs in the back. To move forward with "positive reps" one had to be judicial in his/her approach while posting so as to avoid getting a "neg rep." When all of that went away so did a lot of the posters. It's still a pretty good forum but not nearly as good as it used to be.

At least you can call assholes asshole and tell them to fuck off.

I got sick of boards that only allowed passive/aggressive politeness.

///Sigh///

Ban, please.

:banned03:

Forum List

Back