How To Cook Steak?

If you're going to fry them then do it Louisiana style.

In a cast iron skillet melt two Tbsp of butter on medium-low, add two Tbsp of Louisiana blackening seasoning increase heat to medium to medium high and cook steaks till medium-rare.

Blackened seasoning recipe:

* 2 tablespoons of salt
* 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
* 2 tablespoons of onion powder
* 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons of red pepper
* 2 tablespoons of black pepper
* 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
* 2 teaspoons of dried thyme

I never do the rub thing anymore. I just slap it in there, butter the crap out of it, salt and pepper whichever side is on top when it is on top.

We used to marinade everything, but I don't even do that anymore.

In the oven, this is how I cook my steak.

Preheat the oven to 450. Make sure there is a pan in the oven.

Put a pan on the stove with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Heat the oil until hot, then cook for 1 minute on each side. Then transfer the steaks from the pan to the stove and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side until done.

My favorite way to cook steak is on the grill but the broiler is a great second when it's cold or rainy outside.
I rub the steaks (both sides) in Worcestershire and soy sauce, sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic powder and rubbed sage.
Cook till medium-rare.
a great Italian dish is cut sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes, place in olive oil and crushed garlic.
Slice and de-seed one each, yellow, red and orange bell pepper.
Slice one large sweet onion.
Cook onion and peppers in a large skillet with olive oil and basil (to taste), when partially cooked add the meat, salt to taste and cook until meat cubes are medium-rare.

I bought two gorgeous steaks for the Big Dinner this weekend, and I have no BBQ. Can I fry them? Bake them? Do I put them in baking bags?

Thankies, folks.

what kind?Are they wet or dry aged? anyway.....

take them out 2 hours before cooking them, season them .....let them sit out to the air...
if they are lean sirloin or filets, broil 8 inches from the heat element, for 6-8 minutes per side for rare to med rare....

if you have rib-eyes or any marbled cuts, get a baking sheet, put it on the stove, get it very hot, not quite red hot, season the meat, put it on the baking sheet, for 2 minutes per side to lock in the moisture, then bake for 6 minutes or so , if you have a typical range that is 500 deg. baking heat, max, that will work for med rare...6-8 per side minutes at one inch thick cuts, another minute per quarter inch.

DON'T ever use a fork to move them around or flip them, use tongs, don't cut into it to see if its done, push your finger in the middle and push down, the more resistance the more done they are getting. they continue to cook when you take them out so don't wait long when you get them the way you like.....

frankly using anything but salt and pepper ruins the taste inho, unless you get choice or lower,where you need to add taste, if you are going to add a bunch of seasoning etc. then don't waste your money on prime.... be careful Safeways etc. tell you its prime, but it aint.

best place I ever found to order meat....

Buy steaks! Order USDA Prime beef online by Allen Brothers

Before noon, I'll take the steaks out and press sea salt onto both sides, cover and refrigerate until I'm ready to take them out of the grill. The sea salt has to be fairly big chunks. As it sits for several hours, the chunks dissolve into the steak. It's fantastic when done.

I've been to Peter Luger's. It was awesome.

I just coat them in soy sauce to give a nice salty caramelized look & taste. Cook it about 6 minutes per side.

Dang! All this talk about nice juicy steak steak has my mouth watering for one. Then the wife made chicken. WTF? I just took 2 big porterhouse, coated them in soy sauce & put them in the fridge so the wife knows what we are having tomorrow.

Last edited:
Step 1: Creep up very quietly on the cow.
Step 2: Sink your fangs into its throat.
Step 3: Hang on for dear life.
Step 4: When it stops kicking..it's done.
Step 5: Enjoy.

Step 1: Creep up very quietly on the cow.
Step 2: Sink your fangs into its throat.
Step 3: Hang on for dear life.
Step 4: When it stops kicking..it's done.
Step 5: Enjoy.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

well done filet ..damn paulie..that is simply too embaressing to address on a message board...

grill the damned steaks..we grill in the snow....now i like my steak medium rare....alt likes her steak tossed on the grill...turned over quickly and bleeding all over the plate...no one eats their steak more than medium and we frown on that

use a beer or wine marinade...

Bones, well done filet is still like eating a piece of butter. It still melts in your mouth.

I don't eat rare meat. I can stomach medium, though.

The animal's blood doesn't pique my hunger, I guess.

Don't you mean shoe leather? :eusa_eh:

No.

Only someone who's never tried it before would think that.

Don't you mean shoe leather? :eusa_eh:

No.

Only someone who's never tried it before would think that.

I HAVE tried it like that before. My MIL is a *terrible* cook.

I butterfly mine. It's JUST well done enough that it's not red inside. Even a slight amount of pink left is ok with me.

Don't get that confused with charring it to a crisp.

I'm telling you, it still melts in your mouth like butter. There's a REASON it's the most expensive cut of beef.

First questions

What kind of steak
and
How thick are they
and
How do you like them rare-well done
??????

They are about an inch thick, I cannot recall what sort but boneless and the butcher said they were his best. (They certainly cost enough! Yikes!)

I do like a rare steak, but I am a little reluctant to eat meat whilst it is still mooing....dunno how the babygirl prefers hers, as I have never made her one before. Medium, I suppose.

Can't go wrong with medium..rare. This thread gave me a hankering for steak, so I picked one up...

Painted Hills 100 percent vegetarian beef...meaning the cows are vegetarian (the steaks themselves are not) they don't feed them anything that will lead to mad cow disease. I like sirloin, myself. Some prefer ribeye, which I also like. But I like sirloin just as well. And it's cheaper. Also tougher, if you don't attack it bravely.

Which I always do, and it's always good! My second boy used to call it "Juicy Steak!" Like "Juicyfruit". He'd beg for it, "Mom make some of your juicysteak!"

I made some tonight, yummy. Cooked just like I said. Turned out great.

I bought two gorgeous steaks for the Big Dinner this weekend, and I have no BBQ. Can I fry them? Bake them? Do I put them in baking bags?

Thankies, folks.

Broil them in your oven.

Your oven did come with broiling pan did it not? Surely your oven has a broiling option, too, right?

Broiling is, FYI, is just another word for grilling them in an oven.

If you like the taste of charcoal, there's even stuff you can buy to give an oven broiled steak to give it that charcoal flavored taste, too (I don't recommend it)

Yes, totally BROIL in a broiler pan. Preheat broiler( 15 minutes ) and if those steaks are an inch or more thick, place them just about 4 inches from broiler, for about 7 minutes on the first side, then flip for about 5 minutes. Stick a fork in lightly to check for desired doneness. The above is for medium rare. Don't forget to slather on the garlic salt ( Lawry's coarse ground ) ( unless you don't like garlic ) and do some pepper. Nothing else. Mouth-watering steaks. I wish I knew which cut you bought. Some can spatter. ( Ribeye ) I like the flavor of T-Bones best. Also NY cut or fillets.

Bon appetit, *baby!* :)

First questions

What kind of steak
and
How thick are they
and
How do you like them rare-well done
??????

They are about an inch thick, I cannot recall what sort but boneless and the butcher said they were his best. (They certainly cost enough! Yikes!)

I do like a rare steak, but I am a little reluctant to eat meat whilst it is still mooing....dunno how the babygirl prefers hers, as I have never made her one before. Medium, I suppose.

If the meat is tender & almost falling apart before you cook them then medium-rare is good. If they are firm like sirloin then you might as well cook them medium-well. Fillet Mignon, Rib-eye, Porterhouse, New York Strip & T-Bone are best medium-rare coated with soy sauce & pink in the middle. You could easily poke your finger through those cuts raw. Below is a list of steak in order from best to worst.

This is Fillet Mignon Raw
41AdmSLTetL.jpg

Serve Fillet Mignon Medium Rare Like This
filet_mignon+2.jpg
filet-mignon.jpg

This is Heavy Marbled Kobe Ribeye Raw - Serve it Medium-Rare Like the Fillet Mignon above
217496594.jpg

This is New York Strip Raw - Serve it Medium or Medium-Rare
RawNewYorkStriploin_07-724202.gif

Serve it Medium or Medium-Rare Like This
steak_medium.jpg
DSC02902.JPG

This is Porterhouse Raw - Serve it Medium or Medium-Rare
88878720.jpg

This is T-Bone Raw - Serve it Medium
240px-T-bone-raw-MCB.jpg

This is Sirloin Raw
1422TopSirloinSteak01.jpg