How To Cook Steak?

Get a marinating sauce from the grocery store and let them soak in it for about 45 minutes. Then fry them in a pan on medium-high for about 8 minutes per side depending on thickness. Heat the pan first.

Steaks really need to be grilled, I have never used baking bags, etc..
However as per usual do not listen to Xtoxi.

I bought two gorgeous steaks for the Big Dinner this weekend, and I have no BBQ. Can I fry them? Bake them? Do I put them in baking bags?

Thankies, folks.

Broil them in your oven.

Your oven did come with broiling pan did it not? Surely your oven has a broiling option, too, right?

Broiling is, FYI, is just another word for grilling them in an oven.

If you like the taste of charcoal, there's even stuff you can buy to give an oven broiled steak to give it that charcoal flavored taste, too (I don't recommend it)

• Banned
The stove may have a broiler....if it does (I have owned this stove for 7 years, BTW....and I really dun know, how embarrassing is this?) can I broil? How long? I'd say the steaks are 3/4ths of an inch thick.

And why must I marinate? These are not chuck steaks.

*Pouty face*

The stove may have a broiler....if it does (I have owned this stove for 7 years, BTW....and I really dun know, how embarrassing is this?) can I broil? How long? I'd say the steaks are 3/4ths of an inch thick.

*Pouty face*

Probably broil 2 minutes on either side. Do you like medium rare?

One can only grill a good steak. One can never broil or panfry a good steak.

I recommend just sending them all to me.

Man up! The cavemen used to eat their meat raw until they learned about fire. Take a trip back down memory lane.

*Pouty face*

How long you broil it depends on how you like it done.

Also, what kind of steak it is

Also, how far below the flame you put the steak and whether you put the broil on high broil or low broil.

3/4th of an inch is pretty thin so if you want a rare steak O'd guesstimate (because of all the other vairables) about 5 or six minutes per side.

I like steak burned on the outside and rare on the inside so I

1. Set the broiler to high
2. Put the steak close (three or four inches below) to the flame

Then I flip the steak when the fat is starting to get crispy on the edges (usally about 5 -7 minutes per side).

the thicker the steak, the slower you want to cook it, generally.

If the steak was three inches, for example, I'd set the broiler to low and position the steak further away from the flame, but I'd keep the steak in for a lot longer, too.

Hope that helps.

I bought two gorgeous steaks

This first part of your statement could be a problem. The juiciest, tenderest & best tasting steak starts off with marbling. The steak must have fat marbled through them. If it looks pretty & red, it will be dry & tough like shoe leather.

This first part of your statement could be a problem. The juiciest, tenderest & best tasting steak starts off with marbling. The steak must have fat marbled through them. If it looks pretty & red, it will be dry & tough like shoe leather.

Correct. You really want a steak that has good marbling within it. Does much for the taste and tenderness. Salt, sugar and fat are what makes food taste good. Without any of those food is awful.

I bought two gorgeous steaks for the Big Dinner this weekend, and I have no BBQ. Can I fry them? Bake them? Do I put them in baking bags?

Thankies, folks.

No, no and NO! :eusa_hand:

Follow editec's advice.

Put the rack in your oven on the second level (from top). Put the steaks in a pan on a rack, do not sit them directly in the pan. 5-6 minutes/side should do it. What cut are they? Delmonicos have fabulous flavor.

<put them in a bag . . . . :rolleyes:>

Yeah, I guess the point we're all trying to make is that you NEVER Bake or fry good steaks.

You broil them.

Unless you're of the Anglo school of cooking in which case you just boil them until they're suitable to serve as shoe-leather.

One can only grill a good steak. One can never broil or panfry a good steak.

I recommend just sending them all to me.

The guy next door has a BBQ. Is it really worth it to bother him about borrowing it? It's like 35 degrees outside here at night now.......

*More pouting*

I wish I could have found lamb, like I wanted. Lamb, you bake.

*Even more pouting*

Last edited:

I dunno...I never buy steak. The butcher said they were great steaks, and I believed him. They aren't red and white in equal amounts.....I am beginning to think I should just order pizza!

*Laughs*

:flameth: :cow:

Forum List

Back