How to combat terrorism?

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Usually only the Palestinian suicide bombers have been recruited from the poor, that's because they are offered money for their families if they die and they see no better way. Since Saddam is no longer dropping $20 million every two years on the Palestinian Authority to pay these losers, the number of suicide bombers has dropped accordingly.

I don't think Saddam's passing from power had as much to do with it as the wall...

This is a common misconception-terrorism is not expensive, and the economies of the middle-east do not exist solely on petroleum. The most powerful Arab country and the one with the biggest economy is Egypt, and their oil reserves aren’t that big, Syria has almost no oil but is accused by the US of funding terrorism. The Chechens don’t have oil dollars and they’re able to blow things up, the militants in Kashmir are pretty much self-sustaining, the outside financial assistance to Palestinian militants has been exaggerated as a suicide bomb belt only costs an estimated 2or$300 to make.

Also if the US was serious about drying up the flow of new terror recruits, it would solve the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, that is the one situation where America looses it’s ‘Freedom & Democracy’ argument, because it is backing a regime that is not free or democratic and is opposed to democracy in the western tradition, but then turns around and says “Israel is a democracy” which destroys US credibility.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I agree with Kathianne, we won't know for sure for another 20 years.

IMO, though, I think a far better strategy would be to get off of oil and move to hydrogen, which would cut off al-Qaeda's and all the other terrorist organization's money supplies, thus taking away their means of attacking the U.S. There still would be local terrorism, as is the case with Africa, but the chances of them directly attacking America would become very small.

I'm not sure why it is the resposibilty of the US to solve the Israeli/Palestinian conflict but if it is, how would you suggest we do this ?

Well this is the wrong forum for that ?, but anyways-it's easy you undermine Sharon until his govt collapses, then you wait for labor whoever, then you get them to sign on to the Geneva/Taba Accords.

Originally posted by TheReturn
Well this is the wrong forum for that ?, but anyways-it's easy you undermine Sharon until his govt collapses, then you wait for labor whoever, then you get them to sign on to the Geneva/Taba Accords.

you mean interfere in the politics of another country, "newbie" ?

Originally posted by TheReturn

Who's them? Arafat was given everything on a silver platter and he walked away.

Go read some history and then come back and play:)

Forum List

Back