how to choose. Marines or Army

Yeah, last Ranger I knew got his ass kicked by a Girl Scout..... :D
Yeah, the last MARINE i knew was willingly bent over by a BOY scout troop.......It was called BOOT CAMP!...............:cool:

Just be glad you weren't Airborne.

Silver bells upon my heels,
Pinch my but and make me squeel..........
:evil:

Not only was I proudly AIRBORNE. I was AIR ASSAULT and PATHFINDER qualified, DAMMIT!..........I was a REAL SOLDIER......Not one of them MARINE types.:razz:

Settle down Sparky, it's called interservice rivalry.

I love how MARINES are the "SENSITIVE" types.

BTW, you MARINES come up with your own AIRBORNE school yet?......'cause you people are taking up slots for REAL men!:cool:

We see no need for it. Its yet another thing we give our Marines as reinlistment gifts. They really should stop sending Marines to jump school who arent in recon units. Its a waste of money and resources. I know about the ranger school because I opted to go but they sent two Marines who were getting out soon and wanted to take a vacation. I shit you not! Oh, and rangers are great. But if it comes between a Ranger Bn and a Bn of Marine Grunts to go to the hottest spot in theater they always send the Marines.
Yeah, there sure were a lot o' MARINES in Mogadishu going through hell.............:razz:

BTW, real MARINES and RANGERS always capitalize their name........It's about respect.

BTW BTW, we had three MARINES in my R.I.P. class......Two of 'em No Go'd.......They just couldn't hang. Dropped out in the first phase.

The U.S. Marine Corps landed with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit in Mogadishu and, with elements of 1st Battalion, 7th Marines and 3rd Battalion, 11th Marines, secured nearly one-third of the city, the port, and airport facilities within two weeks time, with the intent to facilitate airlifted humanitarian supplies. Elements of the 2nd Battalion; HMLA-369 [Helicopter Marine Light Assault-369 of Marine Aircraft Group-39, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, Camp Pendleton]; 9th Marines; and 1st Battalion, 7th Marines quickly secured routes to Baidoa, Balidogle and Kismayo, then were reinforced by the 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion and the US Army's 10th Mountain Division.
............................................................................................................................
It wasent until the Marines left when Mogadishu went to hell. We generally carry our reputation with us wherever we go and bring the fear of God. Typically when we leave a combat zone the enemy sees it safe to come out of hideing and resume operations as they did in Mogadishu. This was another example of taking ground (which WAS our only mission) and the Army failing to hold it. Now our mission has expanded to holding ground for the first time in our history. I would say thats a condemnation of the Army's ability to preform. When we would go out on ops in Iraq we got the Army to guard our posts. They would complain about our cold food driven to us, our vietnam shitters, and the fact that we had no internet, tv, or phone. When we would go in to the Army's area of operations to help out a unit in combat the insergents would magically disappear. And as I said earleyer we dont usually send our best guys to Ranger school just as we dont send our best guys to the daily S-4 working party.

So this is my first post here and I have been checking out this site for a while and love it, Very informed people, some not so much, But for the most part you get a straight answer.

ANYWAYS,
I have wanted to join the military all of my life, its kinda a family thing. but i have family in every branch and doing everything imaginable.

Heres my question,
It seems that the marines and army are very similar, of course i know the armys bigger and that the marines are a more amphibous infantry but how does one choose between the two. whats the big factor that sets the marines apart from the infantry, to me they seem so similar

Part two,
I have always been kinda a rough guy, i dont mind a fight and i certainly hold my own.
how do i know weather the army or the marines are better for ME... not in general

Thanks to everyone
-BS
If you're gay and want to fight......Join the MARINES..........Always remember, there may be times when you may spend days, weeks, months on end holed up on a ship witha bunch dudes, where a whole lotta male to male grab ass is goin' on.....That's the NAVY way......The MARINES are NAVY, no getting around it!

If you're straight and want to fight, join the ARMY.....Much more access to hot wet pussy.

But seriously, it all depends on what you're looking for...Talk to a recruiter. Talk to those who have served.....And always remember, if ya' really want to go bad ass, and be a part of the finest, go ARMY, and then go RANGER......Ain't a MARINE on this planet who can kick a RANGERS ass.......It's why selected MARINES are sent to RANGER school......They've got nothing that compares.........NOTHING!

:cool:

Oh , I don't know Force Recon Marines are pretty bad ass.

Yeah, the last MARINE i knew was willingly bent over by a BOY scout troop.......It was called BOOT CAMP!...............:cool:

Not only was I proudly AIRBORNE. I was AIR ASSAULT and PATHFINDER qualified, DAMMIT!..........I was a REAL SOLDIER......Not one of them MARINE types.:razz:
That's okay, we all have our short comings..........
Besides, I was one of those Navy types who occasionally wore Marine utilities.

So this is my first post here and I have been checking out this site for a while and love it, Very informed people, some not so much, But for the most part you get a straight answer.

ANYWAYS,
I have wanted to join the military all of my life, its kinda a family thing. but i have family in every branch and doing everything imaginable.

Heres my question,
It seems that the marines and army are very similar, of course i know the armys bigger and that the marines are a more amphibous infantry but how does one choose between the two. whats the big factor that sets the marines apart from the infantry, to me they seem so similar

Part two,
I have always been kinda a rough guy, i dont mind a fight and i certainly hold my own.
how do i know weather the army or the marines are better for ME... not in general

Thanks to everyone
-BS
If you're gay and want to fight......Join the MARINES..........Always remember, there may be times when you may spend days, weeks, months on end holed up on a ship witha bunch dudes, where a whole lotta male to male grab ass is goin' on.....That's the NAVY way......The MARINES are NAVY, no getting around it!

If you're straight and want to fight, join the ARMY.....Much more access to hot wet pussy.

But seriously, it all depends on what you're looking for...Talk to a recruiter. Talk to those who have served.....And always remember, if ya' really want to go bad ass, and be a part of the finest, go ARMY, and then go RANGER......Ain't a MARINE on this planet who can kick a RANGERS ass.......It's why selected MARINES are sent to RANGER school......They've got nothing that compares.........NOTHING!

:cool:

Oh , I don't know Force Recon Marines are pretty bad ass.

Theyre unfortunantly SOCOM now.

I feel funny about this post. It encourages us to tout out military careers and experiences. I feel as though the op is bull shit and find myself spewing my mouth about shit that can be used to gather individual information. What do you think? Op Sec exploiter? And you have enough information in this forum between your unit and your schools and experiences that it wouldent be hard to narrow down who you are, if your activly serving. My posting here stops now.

Last edited:
We see no need for it. Its yet another thing we give our Marines as reinlistment gifts. They really should stop sending Marines to jump school who arent in recon units. Its a waste of money and resources. I know about the ranger school because I opted to go but they sent two Marines who were getting out soon and wanted to take a vacation. I shit you not! Oh, and rangers are great. But if it comes between a Ranger Bn and a Bn of Marine Grunts to go to the hottest spot in theater they always send the Marines.
Yeah, there sure were a lot o' MARINES in Mogadishu going through hell.............:razz:

BTW, real MARINES and RANGERS always capitalize their name........It's about respect.

BTW BTW, we had three MARINES in my R.I.P. class......Two of 'em No Go'd.......They just couldn't hang. Dropped out in the first phase.

The U.S. Marine Corps landed with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit in Mogadishu and, with elements of 1st Battalion, 7th Marines and 3rd Battalion, 11th Marines, secured nearly one-third of the city, the port, and airport facilities within two weeks time, with the intent to facilitate airlifted humanitarian supplies. Elements of the 2nd Battalion; HMLA-369 [Helicopter Marine Light Assault-369 of Marine Aircraft Group-39, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, Camp Pendleton]; 9th Marines; and 1st Battalion, 7th Marines quickly secured routes to Baidoa, Balidogle and Kismayo, then were reinforced by the 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion and the US Army's 10th Mountain Division.
............................................................................................................................
It wasent until the Marines left when Mogadishu went to hell. We generally carry our reputation with us wherever we go and bring the fear of God. Typically when we leave a combat zone the enemy sees it safe to come out of hideing and resume operations as they did in Mogadishu. This was another example of taking ground (which WAS our only mission) and the Army failing to hold it. Now our mission has expanded to holding ground for the first time in our history. I would say thats a condemnation of the Army's ability to preform. When we would go out on ops in Iraq we got the Army to guard our posts. They would complain about our cold food driven to us, our vietnam shitters, and the fact that we had no internet, tv, or phone. When we would go in to the Army's area of operations to help out a unit in combat the insergents would magically disappear. And as I said earleyer we dont usually send our best guys to Ranger school just as we dont send our best guys to the daily S-4 working party.
Dude, you want to be a dick about it, go ahead.

Fact is, there are many dead and wounded RANGERS who have given their all for this great country . I'd go to battle tomorrow with my fellow RANGERS if physically possible. Those were my brothers from another mother. The fnest fighting force in the world.......You don't respect it?.....FUCK YOU!.......I have the fullest respect for the MARINE CORPS.......As well as the NAVY, AIRFORCE, and COAST GUARD.

This was about jabbing interservice, nothing more.

I'm smellin' a fuckin' poser.

Last edited:

I feel funny about this post. It encourages us to tout out military careers and experiences. I feel as though the op is bull shit and find myself spewing my mouth about shit that can be used to gather individual information. What do you think? Op Sec exploiter? And you have enough information in this forum between your unit and your schools and experiences that it wouldent be hard to narrow down who you are, if your activly serving. My posting here stops now.
I was medically ETS'D in september of '07.........I did my fuckin' time. I paid a price.

Last edited:

:eusa_eh:
:eusa_think:

:eusa_eh:
:eusa_think:
No shit......I'm smellin' a rat.

That's cool.....We cull our own herd. It won't be long.

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

If you are looking for a fight, don't join. Gung ho is always followed by muther fucker. As in "that gung ho muther fucker is going to get us killed."

Aside from that;

In the Army you get stationed some where. I might be cool, it might suck, but that is where you will be for a few years.

The Marines sometimes travel on Navy ships. They get to see much more of the world than the Army. However, those are Navy ships and Marines have nothing to do. It's months of mind numbing tedium broken up with port calls.

Aside from that, have an idea what you want to do in the military and plan ahead.

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,
It seems that the marines and army are very similar, of course i know the armys bigger and that the marines are a more amphibious infantry but how does one choose between the two. whats the big factor that sets the marines apart from the infantry, to me they seem so similar

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

Holding your own doesn't mean shit, what you can hold will be judged by your peers. As soon as you get there, you will see what I mean. As for the Army and Marines being similar, I dont know that I would say that, They are different and unique in there own ways. And I think the amphibious assault has gone the way of the dodo. Talk to recruiters for both branches and read up on them on the internet. Have a good idea of what you are after and see what aspects of either one you like. I can say from experience that you get more ass in a Navy or Marine Corps uniform then any other branch. And if/when you go to either one, keep an open mind, you will have a period of time ware you say to your self "what the hell was I thinking" ? That will go away, and you will be fine. Good luck and be safe.

Last edited:

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

If you are looking for a fight, don't join. Gung ho is always followed by muther fucker. As in "that gung ho muther fucker is going to get us killed."

Aside from that;

In the Army you get stationed some where. I might be cool, it might suck, but that is where you will be for a few years.

The Marines sometimes travel on Navy ships. They get to see much more of the world than the Army. However, those are Navy ships and Marines have nothing to do. It's months of mind numbing tedium broken up with port calls.

Aside from that, have an idea what you want to do in the military and plan ahead.

SUPER LIFER !!!!:puke3:

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

Marines get the girls. A small, but significant point.

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

Marines get the girls. A small, but significant point.

Yup, and a bunch of real cuties too.......

94040747e087a851_73538220.preview.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back