how to choose. Marines or Army

So this is my first post here and I have been checking out this site for a while and love it, Very informed people, some not so much, But for the most part you get a straight answer.

ANYWAYS,
I have wanted to join the military all of my life, its kinda a family thing. but i have family in every branch and doing everything imaginable.

Heres my question,
It seems that the marines and army are very similar, of course i know the armys bigger and that the marines are a more amphibous infantry but how does one choose between the two. whats the big factor that sets the marines apart from the infantry, to me they seem so similar

Part two,
I have always been kinda a rough guy, i dont mind a fight and i certainly hold my own.
how do i know weather the army or the marines are better for ME... not in general

Thanks to everyone
-BS
If you're gay and want to fight......Join the MARINES..........Always remember, there may be times when you may spend days, weeks, months on end holed up on a ship witha bunch dudes, where a whole lotta male to male grab ass is goin' on.....That's the NAVY way......The MARINES are NAVY, no getting around it!

If you're straight and want to fight, join the ARMY.....Much more access to hot wet pussy.

But seriously, it all depends on what you're looking for...Talk to a recruiter. Talk to those who have served.....And always remember, if ya' really want to go bad ass, and be a part of the finest, go ARMY, and then go RANGER......Ain't a MARINE on this planet who can kick a RANGERS ass.......It's why selected MARINES are sent to RANGER school......They've got nothing that compares.........NOTHING!

:cool:

Just a touch biased aren't we......... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:
Just a touch!:razz:

So this is my first post here and I have been checking out this site for a while and love it, Very informed people, some not so much, But for the most part you get a straight answer.

ANYWAYS,
I have wanted to join the military all of my life, its kinda a family thing. but i have family in every branch and doing everything imaginable.

Heres my question,
It seems that the marines and army are very similar, of course i know the armys bigger and that the marines are a more amphibous infantry but how does one choose between the two. whats the big factor that sets the marines apart from the infantry, to me they seem so similar

Part two,
I have always been kinda a rough guy, i dont mind a fight and i certainly hold my own.
how do i know weather the army or the marines are better for ME... not in general

Thanks to everyone
-BS

Here's a joke my best friend told me, he was a Air Force Colonel (fighter jockey), I'm former Navy.

A Marine is standing in a fox hole all day with water up to his chin and says: "This shit sucks!"
An Army soldier is standing in a dry foxhole all day and says: "This shit sucks!"
A sailor is out at sea for weeks at a time and says: "This shit sucks!"
An airman is lounging in his hot tub with a couple of naked girls and he runs out of beer: "This shit sucks!"

I must say, 1787 might actually prove capable of redeeming the name 'Publius'- a feat I once thought impossible.

Whats does that supposed to mean?
There was a poster here in the past by the name PubliusInfantium.

When people refer to 'pubes', they're speaking about him.

He was a real sack of shit and caused the name 'Publius' or any other derivative of his s/n to be associated with vileness, willful ignorance, and all manner of dishonourable behaviour.

thats another part of why i want to join the military, i dont honestly know what i want to do as a career. i have nothing set in stone. im only 18

and im afraid that if i dont join then later on in life ill regret never doing it.

I retired from the Navy after 20 years. I can't count the number of 18-20 year olds who I saw join the military, serve 4 years and not have a marketable skill when they left the military. The military has a lot to offer, but you have to take advantage of it. You have to use the military or it will use you.

If you're gay and want to fight......Join the MARINES..........Always remember, there may be times when you may spend days, weeks, months on end holed up on a ship witha bunch dudes, where a whole lotta male to male grab ass is goin' on.....That's the NAVY way......The MARINES are NAVY, no getting around it!

If you're straight and want to fight, join the ARMY.....Much more access to hot wet pussy.

But seriously, it all depends on what you're looking for...Talk to a recruiter. Talk to those who have served.....And always remember, if ya' really want to go bad ass, and be a part of the finest, go ARMY, and then go RANGER......Ain't a MARINE on this planet who can kick a RANGERS ass.......It's why selected MARINES are sent to RANGER school......They've got nothing that compares.........NOTHING!

Just a touch biased aren't we......... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:
Just a touch!:razz:
Pussy assed Rangers........ :razz:

I must say, 1787 might actually prove capable of redeeming the name 'Publius'- a feat I once thought impossible.

He was a real sack of shit and caused the name 'Publius' or any other derivative of his s/n to be associated with vileness, willful ignorance, and all manner of dishonourable behaviour.

Geeze. So thats what ya think of me huh?

ANYWAYS,

Heres my question,

Part two,

Thanks to everyone
-BS

We sent our grunts to ranger school as an end of first enlistment reward to 2 guys who werent reinlisting. They wanted to have some fun. And school seats are limited. Thats why they are "selected". Plus we send our grunts to Infantry squad leaders course and have little need for Ranger School. As far as the "Navy Way" BS I refuse to respond to such nonsense. Judge the infantry of the Marines vs the infantry in the Army by the areas they get deployed to. The larger the risk and the thougher the mission the more likely they will send Marines. And I've served in both services.
Settle down Sparky, it's called interservice rivalry.

I love how MARINES are the "SENSITIVE" types.

BTW, you MARINES come up with your own AIRBORNE school yet?......'cause you people are taking up slots for REAL men!:cool:

If you're the same guy, you must've finally gotten that ass-kicking you needed or something :thup:

That or you stopped trolling.

Very different character

We sent our grunts to ranger school as an end of first enlistment reward to 2 guys who werent reinlisting. They wanted to have some fun. And school seats are limited. Thats why they are "selected". Plus we send our grunts to Infantry squad leaders course and have little need for Ranger School. As far as the "Navy Way" BS I refuse to respond to such nonsense. Judge the infantry of the Marines vs the infantry in the Army by the areas they get deployed to. The larger the risk and the thougher the mission the more likely they will send Marines. And I've served in both services.

BTW, you MARINES come up with your own AIRBORNE school yet?......'cause you people are taking up slots for REAL men!:cool:

We see no need for it. Its yet another thing we give our Marines as reinlistment gifts. They really should stop sending Marines to jump school who arent in recon units. Its a waste of money and resources. I know about the ranger school because I opted to go but they sent two Marines who were getting out soon and wanted to take a vacation. I shit you not! Oh, and rangers are great. But if it comes between a Ranger Bn and a Bn of Marine Grunts to go to the hottest spot in theater they always send the Marines.

Last edited:

If you're the same guy, you must've finally gotten that ass-kicking you needed or something :thup:

That or you stopped trolling.

Very different character

I would imagine my spelling is worse too. No I am not the same guy. I chose Publius in reference to James Madison and the year he began writing the Federalist papers. Though I have received many ass kickings in life. All a part of serving in the Marines. Cant win em all. Sure does teach you humility though.

Last edited:
thats another part of why i want to join the military, i dont honestly know what i want to do as a career. i have nothing set in stone. im only 18

and im afraid that if i dont join then later on in life ill regret never doing it.

I think you are a full of crap serial left wing poster bschu. I never met a 17 ir 18 year old man who is as dumb as you seem to be. Take my advice and stick with momma or George Soros and quit the crap.

We see no need for it. Its yet another thing we give our Marines as reinlistment gifts. They really should stop sending Marines to jump school who arent in recon units. Its a waste of money and resources. I know about the ranger school because I opted to go but they sent two Marines who were getting out soon and wanted to take a vacation. I shit you not! Oh, and rangers are great. But if it comes between a Ranger Bn and a Bn of Marine Grunts to go to the hottest spot in theater they always send the Marines.
Yeah, there sure were a lot o' MARINES in Mogadishu going through hell.............:razz:

BTW, real MARINES and RANGERS always capitalize their name........It's about respect.

BTW BTW, we had three MARINES in my R.I.P. class......Two of 'em No Go'd.......They just couldn't hang. Dropped out in the first phase.

Yeah, last Ranger I knew got his ass kicked by a Girl Scout..... :D
Yeah, the last MARINE i knew was willingly bent over by a BOY scout troop.......It was called BOOT CAMP!...............:cool:

Don't let these left wing anti-American anti-Military serial posters people promote this kind of post Ranger. You should know better.
Ringel's a friend, we bust each others chops.......He know's the deal.

BTW, you need to go back to that thread where you insulted Geauxtohell, and apologize........He's a combat vet, who is RANGER qualified.......Liberal or not. Political differences or not. He stepped up and honorably served this great country.

Forum List

Back