How To Catch A Wild Pig

Thats why the Wild Pigs need guns :D

Democracy is two wolves and a Lamb voting on what is for dinner, liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome -Thomas Jefferson.

Heh heh...funny, but that's the quote every LOSING PARTY digs out of its repertoire of historical quotes.

:confused:

I just like it...considering america is a constitutional republic instead of a pure democracy I think the founders already had a good understanding of the concept within that quote ;).

We're a democratic Republic, period. The founders were wise beyond belief. They recognized that as the country evolved, grew in population and modernized, the tenets in the Constitution would simply act as guidelines, which is why so many clauses were intentionally ambiguous and why The Constitution is what the USSC says it is.

Yup, JFK would look like a Republican today. I was here when he was killed, and I remember the reaction locally. 9/11 was on the same page with the reaction I remembered as a child. Times have changed.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

I guess that applied to everyone but today's Democrats and quite a few Republicans.

Excuse me? First of all, I believe every word I said. The common lament coming from the right these days is "My liberty is being stolen!!!!!!!!!! To which I say bullshit.

Second, an Internet troll is someone who contributes zero to the debate but only jumps in to inflame, often with profane language denigrating the messenger, not the message,and when he/she is logged on, enters a disrupting posting in thread after thread. If you think that's what I do, then you've obviously chosen to ignore the thousands of posts I've made for months.

I cannot believe that somebody can be as dumb as you. Have you not heard of the Patriot Act, just to name one tiny piece of legislation that our liberties are being 'stolen'? Jeez. How stupid can you get. I apologize for calling you a troll. Trolls are usually smart. You're just an idiot.

Minuse the insults at maggie I agree with what you said.

The patriot act is what really woke me up and got me totally involved in what my government was doing. That was a huge intrusion on our rights.

The most recent attempt by our progressive government was taking away my right to choose what to do with my own body with the health care fiasco. They attempted to create a new right (health insurance) and then FORCE us to work and pay for the access to that right....thank god my state isn't as dumb as the nation had perceived us as being until Scott Brown was elected by our independant majority.

Huh? You can still smoke, drink or drug yourself stupid, and eat six Big Macs for lunch washed down with a liter of Pepsi which keeps your weight morbidly obese. Where are sin taxes imposed in any draft health care bill? Some of the private policies that would be available with the health exchange policies probably have those clauses, but it's not a requirement that I'm aware of.

I cannot believe that somebody can be as dumb as you. Have you not heard of the Patriot Act, just to name one tiny piece of legislation that our liberties are being 'stolen'? Jeez. How stupid can you get. I apologize for calling you a troll. Trolls are usually smart. You're just an idiot.

The patriot act is what really woke me up and got me totally involved in what my government was doing. That was a huge intrusion on our rights.

The most recent attempt by our progressive government was taking away my right to choose what to do with my own body with the health care fiasco. They attempted to create a new right (health insurance) and then FORCE us to work and pay for the access to that right....thank god my state isn't as dumb as the nation had perceived us as being until Scott Brown was elected by our independant majority.

Agreed. The insults are the result of my intolerance with blatant stupidity. But since stupid people usually have no clue that they are stupid, I'm sure she'll have no idea what I'm talking about.

You get mad at me, Xisted, but you know I'm not "stupid."

ArmChaos:

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

Do you understand the moral behind that quote?

The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson, March 31, 1809,
20 years after the Constitution was signed

Heh heh...funny, but that's the quote every LOSING PARTY digs out of its repertoire of historical quotes.

:confused:

I just like it...considering america is a constitutional republic instead of a pure democracy I think the founders already had a good understanding of the concept within that quote ;).

We're a democratic Republic, period. The founders were wise beyond belief. They recognized that as the country evolved, grew in population and modernized, the tenets in the Constitution would simply act as guidelines, which is why so many clauses were intentionally ambiguous and why The Constitution is what the USSC says it is.

Maggie Mae this is the very reason we disagree.

You think the constitution is a living docoument and I do not. I believe in what this guy describes as Original Intent

I dont see us coming to any kind of understanding on the issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7SpA2Qe3FM]YouTube - Constitution: Original Intent Vs Living Document - Ed Vieira[/ame]

ArmChaos:

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

Do you understand the moral behind that quote?

The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson, March 31, 1809,
20 years after the Constitution was signed

Do you really want to go jefferson on me? I dont think this is a wise route maggie.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Delay is preferable to error.

and for the grand finale :D

Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson

Agreed. The insults are the result of my intolerance with blatant stupidity. But since stupid people usually have no clue that they are stupid, I'm sure she'll have no idea what I'm talking about.

You get mad at me, Xisted, but you know I'm not "stupid."

Misguided - Yes. Stupid - Yes. If you are presented with facts and choose to ignore them, that makes you stupid and misguided. You need to own-up to the fact that you have a religion-like political agenda that you are blindly following. That won't work with me.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson really knew what was up :)

Forum List

Back