How To Become A Muslim

1549 said:
This is my point exactly. If the muslim scriptures were the cause of violence, it would have existed hundreds of years ago.

Time has not been kind to the people of that region. Bad leadership, wars, etc. have taken their toll. The result is an extremist mindset.

It has existed for thousands of years. Since Islam was invented they have been at war with non-Muslims. Ever heard of the Crusades?

The region has nothing to do with it. The region sits on the richest soil this world has ever known. By rights, the real super power should be in the Middle East. That's where the true wealth of this planet has been for more than 100 years. So why is it that the vast majority of the Muslim world still lives in poverty? Why is it that the vast majority of Muslims can't read?

Islam is a philosophy and a way of life that allows a Muslim man to do whatever he wants, to whoever he wants, whenever he wants, as long as he can say it is in defense of Islam. And everything is in defense of Islam.

It's the biggest con job ever perpetrated on the world, and it plays to the basest of mans desires. That's why it's so successful.

Islam is a horrible excuse for a religion.

nt250 said:
It has existed for thousands of years. Since Islam was invented they have been at war with non-Muslims. Ever heard of the Crusades?

The region has nothing to do with it. The region sits on the richest soil this world has ever known. By rights, the real super power should be in the Middle East. That's where the true wealth of this planet has been for more than 100 years. So why is it that the vast majority of the Muslim world still lives in poverty? Why is it that the vast majority of Muslims can't read?

Islam is a philosophy and a way of life that allows a Muslim man to do whatever he wants, to whoever he wants, whenever he wants, as long as he can say it is in defense of Islam. And everything is in defense of Islam.

It's the biggest con job ever perpetrated on the world, and it plays to the basest of mans desires. That's why it's so successful.

Islam is a horrible excuse for a religion.

The Crusades were the catholic church's attempt to take the holy land for Christiandom. Poor example of natural muslim violence.

As for your point about rich soil...as I stated before: bad leadership.

I think your notions of Islam are flat out incorrect...

1549 said:
The Crusades were the catholic church's attempt to take the holy land for Christiandom. Poor example of natural muslim violence.

I don't. Islam is violent, and it preaches violence as a means to an end. The Middle East has been held in turmoil and in check since the 7th century by religious intolerance and ignorance. Islam has achieved any of its ends through violence.

Any religion that holds as a tenet "convert or die" is garbage, plain and simple.

GunnyL said:
I don't. Islam is violent, and it preaches violence as a means to an end. The Middle East has been held in turmoil and in check since the 7th century by religious intolerance and ignorance. Islam has achieved any of its ends through violence.

Any religion that holds as a tenet "convert or die" is garbage, plain and simple.

Islam's credo is convert or we kill you...Christianity's is convert or die.

MissileMan said:
Islam's credo is convert or we kill you...Christianity's is convert or die.

When I saw your ID I figured there had to be some anti-Christian agle involved. You're becomming predictable.

How specifically do you mean "die?"

With the exception of fruitloop extremists, who are denounced by mainstream Christians, Christians do not believe anyone should be murdered for their lack of religious faith.

If mainstream Muslims believe the same, no one would know it since they don't denounce it except on rare occasions for fear of backlash after an especially heinous crime.

GunnyL said:
When I saw your ID I figured there had to be some anti-Christian agle involved. You're becomming predictable.

How specifically do you mean "die?"

With the exception of fruitloop extremists, who are denounced by mainstream Christians, Christians do not believe anyone should be murdered for their lack of religious faith.

If mainstream Muslims believe the same, no one would know it since they don't denounce it except on rare occasions for fear of backlash after an especially heinous crime.

You must have missed the part where I made a distinction between kill and die...reread what I wrote, think about what Christians preach, and re-reply.

Smiley said:
However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to utter only this testimony orally either in private or in public, but rather, one should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction with the teachings of Islam in all his life he will find himself a new born person, (or new man).

This will move him to strive more and more to improve his character and draw nearer to perfection. The light of the living faith will fill his heart until be becomes the embodiment of that faith.

What would be next after declaring the testimony of faith (Shahada) and then becoming a Muslim? He should know the real concept underlying this testimony which means the Oneness of Allah and accept Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as the last of the Prophet, and meet its requirements. He must behave accordingly applying this true faith to every thing he speaks or does. What do the words of "Shahada[/COLOR]" signify.

The significant point which every Muslim must know very well is the truth that there is no God (ditty) to be worshipped other than Allah, (Glory be Him). He is the only true God, Who Alone deserves to be worshipped, since He is the Giver of life and Sustainer and Nourisher of mankind and all creation with His unlimited bounties. Man must worship Allah, Who Alone is worthy of worship.

The second part of the "Sahada" i. e. "We ashhadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluh" means that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), is the servant and chosen messenger of Allah. No one must have two opinions about this matter. In fact, the Muslim has to obey the commands of the Prophet (PBUH), to believe him in what he has said, to follow his teachings, to avoid what he has forbidden, and to worship Allah alone according to the message revealed to him.

No thanks. I'll not deny the lordship and deity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

1549 said:

It started with the Muslim invasion of the holy land and Asia Minor. Even before Mohammad was done with his crusade to spread his new religion, he had wiped out entire cities of Jews. It was hundreds years after Jesus ascended into heaven before anybody went to war in the name of Christ. Mohammad was violent before he even wrote the Koran.

Then what about the Moorish invasion of Spain? That was done entirely unprovoked by Muslims and only the Spanish her El Cid (meaning 'The Hero') saved Spain from total conquest.

Ever since its inception, Islam has been killing people in a neverending jihad in an effort to take over the world.

5stringJeff said:
No thanks. I'll not deny the lordship and deity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 5stringJeff again.

Hobbit said:
It started with the Muslim invasion of the holy land and Asia Minor. Even before Mohammad was done with his crusade to spread his new religion, he had wiped out entire cities of Jews. It was hundreds years after Jesus ascended into heaven before anybody went to war in the name of Christ. Mohammad was violent before he even wrote the Koran.

Then what about the Moorish invasion of Spain? That was done entirely unprovoked by Muslims and only the Spanish her El Cid (meaning 'The Hero') saved Spain from total conquest.

Ever since its inception, Islam has been killing people in a neverending jihad in an effort to take over the world.

You have manipulated Muhammad's history...I don't believe the guy is a prophet, but it is not fair to misrepresent him either. The majority of the fighting he did was against the tribes of Mecca. He organized a few raids of meccan supply caravans. This was after the Meccans invaded Muhammad's Islamic nation, known as Medina. Medina was founded for muslims but was also open to Jews as they were respected as 'people of the book'.

As battles continued with the Meccans, the muslims believed a Jewish tribe was also helping to attack Medina and its people. Thus, the muslims attacked and defeated that tribe, and later the Meccans themselves.

Tensions in the region flared up after in the following years because Islam rejected aristocratic privelege (privelege that was cherished in the Greco-Roman and Persian worlds). Many of the neighboring tribes feared that Islams vow against material goods and beliefs in equality would hurt trade. Therefore, Muhammad was unpopular, and tribes fought the spread of Islam.

Muhammad professes that he spoke to Jesus and other prophets when he was shown the light in Mecca.

Putting all of this evidence together: Muhammad invited Jews to live in his land known as Medina and thought of Jesus as a prophet...yet some want us believe that Islam preaches death to those of other religions? Grade-A Bullshit.

MissileMan said:
You must have missed the part where I made a distinction between kill and die...reread what I wrote, think about what Christians preach, and re-reply.

I didn't miss it. Why I asked. How does what Christians preach differ from what YOU would preach? Either way, when this life is over, if you are not Christian, there is no other.

So, you have nothing to worry about.;)

1549 said:
You have manipulated Muhammad's history...I don't believe the guy is a prophet, but it is not fair to misrepresent him either. The majority of the fighting he did was against the tribes of Mecca. He organized a few raids of meccan supply caravans. This was after the Meccans invaded Muhammad's Islamic nation, known as Medina. Medina was founded for muslims but was also open to Jews as they were respected as 'people of the book'.

As battles continued with the Meccans, the muslims believed a Jewish tribe was also helping to attack Medina and its people. Thus, the muslims attacked and defeated that tribe, and later the Meccans themselves.

Tensions in the region flared up after in the following years because Islam rejected aristocratic privelege (privelege that was cherished in the Greco-Roman and Persian worlds). Many of the neighboring tribes feared that Islams vow against material goods and beliefs in equality would hurt trade. Therefore, Muhammad was unpopular, and tribes fought the spread of Islam.

Muhammad professes that he spoke to Jesus and other prophets when he was shown the light in Mecca.

Putting all of this evidence together: Muhammad invited Jews to live in his land known as Medina and thought of Jesus as a prophet...yet some want us believe that Islam preaches death to those of other religions? Grade-A Bullshit.

Try reading the Koran sometime. Grade-A bullshit is denying what's in black and white.

1549 said:

Where are you getting this informatin from?

Islams vow against material goods? Gag me. Muhammed raided caravans. He killed and plundered and stole the wealth of others. That's what he did. Muhammed didn't go to Medina to start an Islamic society. He went to Medinia to try and have more success than he was having in Mecca. The man was a thug and a common criminal.

As for the whole Jews being the "people of the book" thing? Oh, gag me again. For every mention of Jews and Christians being "people of the book", there are ten more that contradict that. Muslims HATE Jews. HATE them. Let me repeat that again. Muslims HATE Jews.

One of the things that really astounded me, after reading so much of the Koran and Hadiths, is the notion that Jews are more into material things. Money, money, money. How did the Jews get such a rep? And how do Muslims get away with not having a worst reputation when it comes to money, money, money when SO much of the Koran is about money?

Did you know that a Muslim can kill another Muslim and if the victims family accepts payment, he's off the hook? It's true.

Did you know that a Muslim will only tolerate people of other faiths if those people pay a tax? It's true.

Money is mentioned all throughout the Koran.

I'd just like to mention one other thing that I think someone else brought up. If Beslan was not enough to show the world what Islam is, nothing will. These Muslim monsters deliberately targeted a school. A school. Little kids. They shot little kids, who were fleeing for they're lives, in the back.

And still, people refuse to see it. They still continue to blame everything but Islam. "Root cause"? There is no other root cause that can explain targeting a school full of little kids. It's called Islam. And it's a philosophy, and a way of life, that teaches it's followers that Islam is the most important thing, that this life is just a prelude to Paradise, and anything they do in defense of Islam is noble and a sure path to that paradise they long for. It tells them that only God can judge who is innocent, so anyone they kill is not their problem. God will sort it all out. So they have the right to kill at will.

And they do. The proof of that is in the new every single day.

Forum List

Back