How to beat Obama.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Ok Republicans and Conservatives.

This is how you beat Obama. It is rather simple.

Contrast. Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism. Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Nominate a wishy washy middle of the road Moderate to liberal Republican and you will lose. Period.

Don't let the Dems and the Liberal Press anoint our Candidate. Don't try and pick the Candidate the Dems and Liberal Press like the most. Pick the ones they hate. They hate them for a reason. They know they can beat Obama.

That said, I must restate. PLEASE do not make this Election about Social Conservative Issues! That's a loser. Push Social issues to much, and you will lose the middle, which will vote for you if you talk about fiscal Conservatism and limited Power, but are gonna bail as soon as you start talking Religious right BS.

By my Standards my top 2 Choices to beat Obama, are so far, not even planning to run. :(

Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism.

The fatal flaw in your plan.

A significant number of the social right are in the TPM, and they’re not going to be happy in the back seat. That goes for the Bible Belt republicans and the Old Bush Base as well – why do you think McCain selected Palin in 2008?

Contrast. Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism. Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Nominate a wishy washy middle of the road Moderate to liberal Republican and you will lose. Period.

Don't let the Dems and the Liberal Press anoint our Candidate. Don't try and pick the Candidate the Dems and Liberal Press like the most. Pick the ones they hate. They hate them for a reason. They know they can beat Obama.

That said, I must restate. PLEASE do not make this Election about Social Conservative Issues! That's a loser. Push Social issues to much, and you will lose the middle, which will vote for you if you talk about fiscal Conservatism and limited Power, but are gonna bail as soon as you start talking Religious right BS.

By my Standards my top 2 Choices to beat Obama, are so far, not even planning to run. :(

It's funny, I've seen social conservatives starting threads on how the only way to beat Obama is to stress social issues.

A candidate who doesn't campaign on social issues won't win the Republican primary.

the only reason this kid is in that oval office is because of rino mc cain !

It's funny, I've seen social conservatives starting threads on how the only way to beat Obama is to stress social issues.
Those Conservatives are out of their minds. Stressing Social Issues will lose you the Independents a moderates. It is exactly the opposite of what you need to beat Obama. It is however somewhat important to win the Nomination. Catch 22.

A candidate who doesn't campaign on social issues won't win the Republican primary.
Really? How do you explain McCain then? I don't think there is any reason a Socially Moderate, Fiscally Conservative Republican, who stresses the need to reign Federal power, and spending in order to avoid Disaster could win the Republican Primary no problem, and would have the best shot of Defeating Obama.

Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Might I suggest Paul Ryan? Please?

Not sure if you really like Ryan, or just think Obama could beat him easily and that's why you said it. I think Ryan is a clear example of a serious problem we have as Americans. We almost all seem to recognize a serious Financial Problem with Debt, yet we still react with utter horror when ever someone proposes any kind of Reform, or Change to our Entitlements. We are all aware the are unsustainable as is, yet seem unwilling to even allow discussion of how to fix it.

I respect Ryan, and think he would have made a good candidate. However I think the Rhetoric around his plan to reform Medicare have ruined him as a candidate. Fairly or not.

Personally I think he showed great leadership, and balls. Being willing to jump on the 3rd Rail in order to at least get the discussion going on what to do about Medicare and SS Reform.

the only reason this kid is in that oval office is because of rino mc cain !

You dummies just don't get it. If almost anyone but Sarah Palin was on the ticket McCain could have won. It would have at least been close. But you people are so stupid you don't understand that Sarah cost the GOP the election. If you take away the votes Obama got from republicans that refused to vote GOP because of Sarah you would be very surprised.

so you're saying Palin will be the nominee..

I agree with OP hammer this fool's economic disaster and he can be beat. Especially steer clear of abortion, religion, and the theory of gayativity.

WE tried your way with McCain

Remember how well that worked out?

so you're saying Palin will be the nominee..

I doubt it. But the odds of Palin winning the nomination are better than Ron Paul's.

I think Republicans should just keep doing what they've been doing.

Say, "Obama's not born here" "He's not an American". Attack is faith, that always works. Say he isn't smart enough to have gone to school without some kind of Affirmative Action. Belittle him. Take credit for getting Bin Laden. The American people will believe that because he's black.

Sounds like a job for Rick Perry; he's exactly what the GOP represents, God, Guns and giving it up the ass to poor people.

He is the Anti-Obama candidate to be sure with whatever gravitas comes with being the governor of Texas.

I think he walks into the nomination if can stand upright. I don't think the plurality of Americans agree with the doom and gloom of the 2012 GOP as to where all we should pay for as a people is defense, social security, and more defense. If the TP run a 3rd party candidate; the GOP is sunk.

If the Dems are smart, they go with divide and conquer on the soft-money pointing out the liberal things that any GOP'er has done in the past (Romney would be sunk in the first mail-out) to get the Tea Party to put a 3rd horse in the race.

How ironic it would be; Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin ensure Obama's victory.

A significant number of the social right are in the TPM, and they’re not going to be happy in the back seat. That goes for the Bible Belt republicans and the Old Bush Base as well – why do you think McCain selected Palin in 2008?

The TEA Party is not a problem for the republican party. It's an asset. Only the gullible are swallowing the leftwing propaganda about the TEA Party.

The TEA Party is not a problem for the republican party. It's an asset. Only the gullible are swallowing the leftwing propaganda about the TEA Party.

Tea Party are a bunch of wishy washy morons stuck in the 1770s........

Forum List

Back