How to be saved (born again) and join the family of god!

YES!!! SATAN HAS SET UP THOUSANDS OF FALSE "religions and thousands of false gods!!! it is up to you to seek TRUTH!!! BUT DO YOU WANT TRUTH OR DO YOU LOVE SIN MORE??

I think instead of all but one is true, they're all wrong but contain some truths in them. Whether an alien we call G-d contributed to any of them is easily refuted by how they're all entirely subjective and none contain valid science until after the Scientific Method itself came to be understood.

A religion really and truly from some kind of god-being should be in a universal language like mathematics, not a subjective one of letters.

Doesn't a little poison spoil the entire meal?

God is by definition an extraterrestrial being.

And Gism is a jackass in any language.

I reject the premise of listening, reading, or respecting ANY 3rd party commentary on religion. If a given reliigon is true, so's its' holy text and that's all ya need. If G-d had meant anything but whatever's in the text He woulda mentioned it. 3rd party commentatry too often becomes the accepted version and is usually contrary to the original holy text.

Not entirely true. We're spiritually dead so we basically have broken antennas.
All Bible translation is an interpretation and because Bible translators don't want to make any mistakes, they translate words so literally that sometimes the meaning is almost wooden.

Greek words may have multiple meanings and English words may have one meaning so unless you look up every word as a hobby, you can be missing the meaning of what you are reading and just have partial understanding and that is why I have a bunch of teachers who teach me the Greek and Hebrew meaning. I wore out one of my Bibles writing in the column all the different things I have learned.

What God is trying to convey is easily understandable but we miss it because some truth is spiritually discerned. God's word comes with illumination, inspiration and revelation.

The other truth is that I can give almost anyone a passage from the Old Testament and ask almost anyone to explain it to me and they can't because there is a bad case for Bible illiteracy today. Most people can't do a Bible study and people who have been to Bible college actually do a better job of explaining the Bible than I do even though I've been writing about the Bible for the last fifteen years. It isn't easy explaining it to people because I can spend 20 hours or 300 hours looking as passages trying to explain them to people and some people just make it look easy until you try to do it. My early Bible studies and writings that I look back on are basic or bad and there is more information about a subject than you know.

There are some passages in the Old Testament that I'm still trying to get an interpretation or translation on and some of the words are so old (like the book of Job) that some scholars aren't sure we have the right meanings for.

I also have multiple books on Bible difficulties and I read all the explanations on them so just because you have a source doesn't mean you can necessarily do any better than some of the professionals.

I've been literally stuck until the author (God) started speaking His word to me through several teachers day by day because the Bible speaks today and I seem to think that God goes our way if we're going His and that is the only way I'm going to get God speaking to me because He is about His business. I think I would have given up long ago because it isn't as easy as you think without God speaking the meaning and answers to me.

Hebrews 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

I think instead of all but one is true, they're all wrong but contain some truths in them. Whether an alien we call G-d contributed to any of them is easily refuted by how they're all entirely subjective and none contain valid science until after the Scientific Method itself came to be understood.

A religion really and truly from some kind of god-being should be in a universal language like mathematics, not a subjective one of letters.

Doesn't a little poison spoil the entire meal?

God is by definition an extraterrestrial being.

And Gism is a jackass in any language.

Well the truths in various religions don't require a godly mind to reveal to us. Doesn't take a god to point out the bloody obvious of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." for instance. Yet this sentiment occurs in most every religion. When things occur over and over, that's the stuff I tend to attribute more to a god, than anyting highly specific or specialized like in Torah how everything's relative to the Mediterranean area. If G-d had inspired any of that why wasn't the other 98% of the planet referred to?

SO YOU A little man CHOOSE TO TRY TO ARGUE AND FIGHT AGAINST ALMIGHTY GOD??=NOT VERY SMART!!! THINK!

god is a myth

Prove you are not a myth.

By all means, please do use that as a proof your god exists. Compare human beings and any of the various gods ...

============

The OP - how bizarre that there are so many little tricks and actions to get yourself "saved". One says baptism works, another says no.

And 'broken antennae'?

Back in yon olden days, all one had to do was believe in Magic Sky Fairies.

SO YOU A little man CHOOSE TO TRY TO ARGUE AND FIGHT AGAINST ALMIGHTY GOD??=NOT VERY SMART!!! THINK!

The moment one thinks, one must admit that gods are man-made, non-existent crutches for the weak minded.

The very last thing you want to do is "think".

The OP - how bizarre that there are so many little tricks and actions to get yourself "saved". One says baptism works, another says no.

And 'broken antennae'?

Back in yon olden days, all one had to do was believe in Magic Sky Fairies.

I studied. I have a right to say Baptism doesn't save. The other poster didn't take me up on a debate. If you want to debate it, let me know.

YES!!! GOD KNOWS YOUR TYPE AND HE HAS WORDS FOR YOU. PSALM 53:1=The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God,”
They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice;
There is no one who does good. SOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!

The moment one thinks, one must admit that gods are man-made, non-existent crutches for the weak minded.

Nudley, that may work for you, but I like using the sense God gave me. :razz:

Chuck is right. If water saved, there would have been no need for Christ's work on the cross. If water was our slavation, when Adam and Eve sinned, God would have submerged them in the sea to right their wrong. Instead He covered their sin temporarily in the blood of an animal until the time when Christ's pure blood removed the sin permanently.

I reject the premise of listening, reading, or respecting ANY 3rd party commentary on religion. If a given religion is true, so's its' holy text and that's all ya need. If G-d had meant anything but whatever's in the text He woulda mentioned it. 3rd party commentatry too often becomes the accepted version and is usually contrary to the original holy text.

Delta, there are people who have spent a lifetime studying the word, and have a wealth of Biblical knowledge to help us understand the holy text. To ignore their expertize is to limit our own understanding.

For instance, will you find the difference between Adonai and Elohim in the text you read? Or LORD, Lord, and lord? Not unless you have also mastered Hebrew and ancient Greek. To rely on those who have mastered them will impart a new level of understanding to what you read. What do you know of the blood moons, or Nissan, and the ramifications that are to come?

God put people in place to shepherd His sheep. Some do it poorly, some are excellent and worth listening to. The way to tell the difference is to weigh what they say against what you have found in the word. Discernment is the key. Pray for it and false doctrine will stand out like a sore thumb.
I can listen to John Hagee's generational knowledge in full confidence. On the other hand, Rick Warren's false doctrine makes me cringe. :eusa_angel:

So, if someone writes down the spoken word it nullifies it?

with one's last breath what was written will cease to exist - what is freely expressed is the Spirits catapult to the Everlasting.

Not so.

Matthew 24:35 heaven and the earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

you do not understand your own broken quote - too bad for you Ram ... lighten up.

HOW TO BE SAVED (BORN AGAIN) AND JOIN THE FAMILY OF GOD!== BELIEVE GOD'S WORD==ROMANS 10:9-13==If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”SO BE SAVED!!! CALL ON GOD, CONFESS AND REPENT!==Dear Lord God,
Because I am not perfect, I am a sinner that needs forgiveness and I ask You to forgive me. I believe You are Savior and Lord Who shed Your Blood and died to pay my sin-debt, and rose from the dead; You live forever. I turn from (repent) my sins and invite You, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, God the Messiah to come into my heart and life as Savior and Lord. Please, help me to glorify You in all I say and do. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and personal Savior. I need Your protections and directions throughout my daily life, help me. In the all-powerful Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I pray. Amen.

Good thing we all have you to show us how to think... like you.

Forum List

Back