How to annoy coworkers

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
What are some of your favorite office pranks?

Microwaving fish in the lunch room is always a good one because it pisses everybody off.

My personal favorite is to take a blank piece of paper and "fax" it to somebodies phone. Set the fax machine to make 5 attempts.

Where I work, don't you dare leave your computer unlocked when you leave your desk.
Somebody will add the word Jr in front of your business title in your e-mail signature line. Our Jr Senior Vice President was sending emails for 2 hours the other day before he found out.

Another good one is to take a print screen of somebodies desktop, then save it as the desktop background, then hide all icons. It's hilarious to watch them click on the icons and nothing happens.

What are some of your favorite work place pranks?

If Shogun actually worked and got out of his parent's basement, and he turned on his USMB alter-eg, then he would probably annoy everyone!

Microwaving fish in the lunch room is always a good one because it pisses everybody off.

My personal favorite is to take a blank piece of paper and "fax" it to somebodies phone. Set the fax machine to make 5 attempts.

Where I work, don't you dare leave your computer unlocked when you leave your desk.
Somebody will add the word Jr in front of your business title in your e-mail signature line. Our Jr Senior Vice President was sending emails for 2 hours the other day before he found out.

Another good one is to take a print screen of somebodies desktop, then save it as the desktop background, then hide all icons. It's hilarious to watch them click on the icons and nothing happens.

I used to have a boss who would email strange messages to other employees from your desk if you left your computer unlocked...It was kinda funny.
He also used to make your desk top applications appear upside down. I think he was just a kid at heart. :lol:

Best way to annoy co-workers is to talk politics or religion at work.

Probably 90% of the people I work with are conservatives. The 10% liberals generally don't talk politics because none of them follow politics close enough to speak from an informed position on the subject matter.

I used to have a boss who would email strange messages to other employees from your desk if you left your computer unlocked...It was kinda funny.
He also used to make your desk top applications appear upside down. I think he was just a kid at heart. :lol:

With as much fun as we have at work, I don't know why they call it work.

I have pranks pulled on me all the time. One of them: We moved into an office that was infested with mice. We put down the humane traps but the mice got in there and kept squeaking.

I came in one morning and answered the phone but after talking awhile, I felt something on my hair, I looked and immediately threw the receiver across the room. My boss had taped a fake mouse to my phone the night before.

They tape my scissors together all the time, stuff like that. They're crazy. :cuckoo: :)

I have pranks pulled on me all the time. One of them: We moved into an office that was infested with mice. We put down the humane traps but the mice got in there and kept squeaking.

I came in one morning and answered the phone but after talking awhile, I felt something on my hair, I looked and immediately threw the receiver across the room. My boss had taped a fake mouse to my phone the night before.

They tape my scissors together all the time, stuff like that. They're crazy. :cuckoo: :)

Before optical mice (of the computer type) were common, I used to put a piece of tape inside the mouse so the roller ball wouldn't work.

We have shared calendars at work. That means I can see the other people's calendars in Outlook and see what their meetings are.
One lady left her computer unlocked, so a guy blocked an hour on her calendar, and set it up as a re-occuring meeting every week for 2 months. The title of the blocked time was "Job searching on Monster.com".

We have shared calendars at work. That means I can see the other people's calendars in Outlook and see what their meetings are.
One lady left her computer unlocked, so a guy blocked an hour on her calendar, and set it up as a re-occuring meeting every week for 2 months. The title of the blocked time was "Job searching on Monster.com".
All these pranks you pull .... sounds like a full time job.

Before optical mice (of the computer type) were common, I used to put a piece of tape inside the mouse so the roller ball wouldn't work.

Do you work with me? Some of these seem familiar.. :lol:

Do you work with me? Some of these seem familiar.. :lol:

Not if you are really in Ohio.

Forum List

Back