How They Vote In The U.N.

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
Got this in an email today. Thought it was interesting. (No link--it's probably a matter of public record anyway.)

Below are the actual voting records of various
Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State
Department and United Nations' records.

Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time.

Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time.

Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time.

United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70% of the time.

Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.

Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.

Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.

Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time

Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time.

Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time

Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time.

Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time.

Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time.

Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time.

Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.

India votes against the United States 81% of the time.

Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.

Mauritania votes against the United States 87% of the time.

US Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against the United
States, still receives $2 billion annually in US Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71% against the United States and receives $192,814,000
annually in US Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States receives $6,721,000
annually in US Foreign Aid.

India votes 81% against the United States receives $143,699,000 annually
in US Foreign Aid.

Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax savings back to
the American workers who are having to skimp and sacrifice to pay the
taxes.

Pass it along. Everyone needs to know this. Might even mention it
to your congressman, who knows it anyway...what a disgrace...no wonder
the world has no respect for us!

Amen!!! This is ridiculous! Not surprising though. These countries would probably collapse without us. I don't know about everyone else,but I think the U.N. is a joke and I'm sick and tired of getting beat up by the world!! Who do these countries think they are? We try to free their brothers and still get crapped on. I for one would love to see what they would do if we cut that aid even in half. They would tremble with fear-like they enjoy seeing us do.

The U.N. was a good idea, and functioned well for a time, however, it needs reform. It has become a dinosaur that no longer properly represents the interests of the people.

Originally posted by Hobbit
The U.N. was a good idea, and functioned well for a time, however, it needs reform. It has become a dinosaur that no longer properly represents the interests of the people.

Very true. Like Dennis Miller said, paraphrased, remember that the UN has Syria on the human rights committee. just an example of how wrong their thinking has become in some areas. Still looking for a source for this email, only references I can find site an anonymous email...

I have one word as to why we continue to aid these countries even though they hate us, the word is OIL!!!

acludem

Of course, if we could further develop alternative sources of energy and drill in Alaska we wouldn't have to rely on them so heavily. It's a catch-22.

anwar will provide a stop-gap measure, and will most likely be used. alternate sources are needed tho as the amount of oil, even when found in such great quantities that allow for the pumping of millions of barrels a day, is finite. "They" say that even before it runs out the prices will skyrocket and other catastrophes will occur, but I'll leave that for another thread :)

oil as oil is something of a weak reason for our behaviour. oil for the power it conveys to those in control is better, but I would think there are other reasons still behind our treatment of these nations so opposed to us such as the simple carrot inducement that stands in front of the stick we carry. just imo.

Originally posted by Aquarian
found this, the data appears to be from 1997 but roughly correlates to the contries I checked from the above list. Oddly kuwait and qatar weren't even on there, but India matched very closely the numbers quoted.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/TradeandForeignAid/BG1186.cfm

Were you able to make out the small print? I think I might need glasses because I couldn't make out much of it.

I have no idea why these countries would vote against the US because there isn't any information pertaining to any votes where they did this. I suppose it's just in general, and it's also not surprising at the very least. I doubt their votes have much influence over the outcome anyway. As far as aid goes, most aid to other countries does not come without conditions. Usually it has to be paid back, and American firms are usually employed with the money borrowed. There is very little benefit to the people living in the country, but it's a very beneficial thing to do if you are the lender or contractor.

Forum List

Back