How The Trayvon Martin Case Will Likely Play Out...

He followed the kid with attitude and got his ass whipped for it.

Yep and at the point his head started to be bounced into the concrete by Martin he was in the right to stop the then lethal attack by any means necessary.

That attitude cost that young man and his family dearly.

Sad.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound to me like there will ever be charges brought.

I am not sure why Zimmerman is being held up as some kind of hero.
Killing anyone that is unarmed is not something to be proud of. I think at the very least even with this "stand your ground" law there should be some kind of manslaughter charge.

Agreed Fuel Rod. I see less race & gun laws involved than a wannabe cop killing a young man walking....................................

It doesn't sound to me like there will ever be charges brought.

I am not sure why Zimmerman is being held up as some kind of hero.
Killing anyone that is unarmed is not something to be proud of. I think at the very least even with this "stand your ground" law there should be some kind of manslaughter charge.

Agreed Fuel Rod. I see less race & gun laws involved than a wannabe cop killing a young man walking....................................

Also, the "stand your ground" laws require a reasonable belief DEADLY FORCE will be used against the person USING DEADLY FORCE; Zimmerman might get trapped by that fact. WHO was armed? Not the victim.

I'd like to see some of the pictures showing the marks from the beating. If there's no charges being laid, then why aren't pictures showing his marks out in the general domain? The police would have taken a lot of pictures at the scene. The media should be able to access them.

Cops and State are too smart to show the goods yet.

Did you notice both leads from both orgs walked away from their jobs temporarily for full unfettered review ?

Seem pretty confident.

Also, the "stand your ground" laws require a reasonable belief DEADLY FORCE will be used against the person USING DEADLY FORCE; Zimmerman might get trapped by that fact. WHO was armed? Not the victim.

Armed with concrete sidewalk.

No arrest.

Exactly we weren't there.

I don't believe Zimmerman's story that he was hit first and mercilessly beaten.

I also don't believe Zimmy should be charged for something there's no evidence to convict him of.

I'd like to see some of the pictures showing the marks from the beating. If there's no charges being laid, then why aren't pictures showing his marks out in the general domain? The police would have taken a lot of pictures at the scene. The media should be able to access them.

Great question Ropey.

I have seen photos, the police reported NO SERIOUS INJURIES; he did seek medical attention until the next day. He was NOT rushed to a hospital in an ambulance.

Great question Ropey.

I have seen photos, the police reported NO SERIOUS INJURIES; he did seek medical attention until the next day. He was NOT rushed to a hospital in an ambulance.

Link?

I'm pretty sure Zimmerman is gonna walk on all charges if any even get brought up.

That would be because it was a clear case of self defense. Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

All he did is ask the "kid" what he was doing and he got attacked broken nose knocked to the ground and the "kid" tried to take his gun. 6" 3" is not small and he was a football player as well. So much for the "Zimmerman was bigger then him" bullshit.

I wouldn't go as far to call it a "clear" case of self defence, how could Zimmerman be the one defending himself from Trayvon when HE was the one who called in and admitted to following him? there are some things that are not clear but it looks like that doesn't matter you'll get your wish and this guy will be free.

HG, the problem here, is primarily the way the FL statute on this is written; this case does raise a legitimate question as to whether or not the law, as currently worded, may be too broad in what it allows. Its application in this particular case doesn't feel quite right. I don't see that either party here set out with the intent to kill the other. I do believe BOTH showed poor judgment in what they did. Neither one of them deserved to die over this, but one did. It would have been equally tragic had it gone the other way, and Martin had killed Zimmerman. It might not have started such a national flap in that case,but who knows. Uptown has it right; there's no proof that Zimmerman acted in self-defense...and there's no proof he didn't either, so Zimmerman walks. Unfortunately the dialog (more like shouting match) that has arisen, has no doubt harmed race relations across the country; how much we don't know, but it's hard to say anything good has come of it. I wish I could see a silver lining of sorts in it, but I don't.

It's painfully obvious that we are still a nation divided over the issue of race, however much we might wish otherwise. We haven't ever really healed that wound, and there are people on both sides who seem to have a vested interest (or believe they do) in seeing that we do not do so. It has certainly proved a tougher task than many of us wanted to believe it would be. For all we have accomplished (and I do think we've accomplished a lot, within my lifetime), we still have so far to go. We can't look at this, and how people on both sides of the divide have reacted to it, and believe we are in a "post-racial society". We aren't, not yet. I wish there was an easy answer; human nature being what it is, I don't know that there is one. Nothing to do but keep trying, I suppose.

Page 2: Trayvon Martin Shooter Says Teenager Went for His Gun - ABC News

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

The law affords people enormous leeway to use deadly force if they feel their life is seriously endangered. Sonner said Zimmerman felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Corey, a veteran prosecutor known for her zealous defense of victims rights was hand-picked by Florida Gov. Rick Scott for the job. But she faces other challenges in the case.

While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

========

Was Trayvon Martin a Drug Dealer?

To learn more about Trayvon’s character, we have to look to his friends and family to offer clues.
Unfortunately, it seems as if most people who knew him are intent on cleaning up his image,
rather than discussing what Trayvon was really like.
the local authorities impanel a grand jury to examine the evidence...

while the grand jury is examining the evidence, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the grand jury...

the grand jury delivers a "true bill" to indict George Zimmerman for involuntary manslaughter for the killing of Trayvon Martin... which, from all we've been presented thus far, is probably the most serious charge with a chance to stick... (and if there's actually not enough evidence to support their decision, the grand jury won't have the balls to go with a "no true bill" decision...)

the hordes, led by Jesse et al, go apeshit that Zimmerman isn't charged with first degree murder, or at least second degree murder...

(separately, the US Department of Justice launches an investigation into whether Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, and whether Zimmerman violated federal "hate crimes" laws...)

the case goes before a jury trial...

while the case is being tried in court, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the jury...

after weeks of presentation of evidence and witness accounts, the jury deliberates for days... after which they find Zimmerman "not guilty"...

riots break out in several urban areas across the country, causing tens of millions of dollars in damage and several dozen deaths...

news reports show footage of outraged citizens carting off wide-screen TV's and cases of beer looted from neighborhood stores owned by Asian-Americans...

meanwhile, the Feds announce that they're continuing their investigation into whether Zimmerman violated federal civil rights and hate crimes laws...

and Jesse and Al, standing side by side (with Trayvon's mom to the left and Trayvon's dad to the right), announce that a wrongful death civil suit is being launched against Zimmerman...

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

The law affords people enormous leeway to use deadly force if they feel their life is seriously endangered. Sonner said Zimmerman felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Corey, a veteran prosecutor known for her zealous defense of victims rights was hand-picked by Florida Gov. Rick Scott for the job. But she faces other challenges in the case.

While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

========

To learn more about Trayvon’s character, we have to look to his friends and family to offer clues.
Unfortunately, it seems as if most people who knew him are intent on cleaning up his image,

while the grand jury is examining the evidence, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the grand jury...

the grand jury delivers a "true bill" to indict George Zimmerman for involuntary manslaughter for the killing of Trayvon Martin... which, from all we've been presented thus far, is probably the most serious charge with a chance to stick... (and if there's actually not enough evidence to support their decision, the grand jury won't have the balls to go with a "no true bill" decision...)

the hordes, led by Jesse et al, go apeshit that Zimmerman isn't charged with first degree murder, or at least second degree murder...

(separately, the US Department of Justice launches an investigation into whether Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, and whether Zimmerman violated federal "hate crimes" laws...)

while the case is being tried in court, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the jury...

after weeks of presentation of evidence and witness accounts, the jury deliberates for days... after which they find Zimmerman "not guilty"...

riots break out in several urban areas across the country, causing tens of millions of dollars in damage and several dozen deaths...

news reports show footage of outraged citizens carting off wide-screen TV's and cases of beer looted from neighborhood stores owned by Asian-Americans...

meanwhile, the Feds announce that they're continuing their investigation into whether Zimmerman violated federal civil rights and hate crimes laws...

and Jesse and Al, standing side by side (with Trayvon's mom to the left and Trayvon's dad to the right), announce that a wrongful death civil suit is being launched against Zimmerman...

The SA may not bring this before the Grand Jury if she finds justifiable homicide:

Parents of slain Florida teen to appear on Capitol Hill - CNN.com

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

========

The SA may not bring this before the Grand Jury if she finds justifiable homicide:

Naturally, she wouldn't. You don't take 'justifiable homicide' to a Grand Jury.

Far too many people made up their minds having heard just one side of this clusterfuck. I dislike the railroading of our justice system to satisfy a mob.

Page 2 of 2
SANFORD, Fla., March 26

========

Far too many people made up their minds having heard just one side of this clusterfuck. I dislike the railroading of our justice system to satisfy a mob.

True, both ways. Guilty AND innocent before the SA has even reviewed what evidence remains; if the case had gone to the Seminole county SA earlier on, this MIGHT have been avoided.

True, both ways. Guilty AND innocent before the SA has even reviewed what evidence remains; if the case had gone to the Seminole county SA earlier on, this MIGHT have been avoided.
Do you have a link demonstrating that the case did NOT go to the Wolfinger (the SA for Sanford) after the cops were finished?

Great question Ropey.

Ummm, he was treated at the scene for head wounds by paramedics when they arrived on the scene. It's in the cop report. I've given that cop report to you probably a dozen times and you refuse to read it, or you can't understand it. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Great question Ropey.

Ummm, he was treated at the scene for head wounds by paramedics when they arrived on the scene. It's in the cop report. I've given that cop report to you probably a dozen times and you refuse to read it, or you can't understand it. I'm not sure.

No SERIOUS injuries is what I have posted, again & again.

Do you have a link demonstrating that the case did NOT go to the Wolfinger (the SA for Sanford) after the cops were finished?

Trayvon Martin Case Moves To State Attorney's Office - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Death February 26, to SA 3/13, SA steps down: 3/22.

Trayvon Martin Case Moves To State Attorney's Office - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Death February 26, to SA 3/13, SA steps down: 3/22.

Yes, I've seen that. Wolfinger recuses himself.

But, what I asked is some sort of support for your assumption that this never went to the SA until now.

I suspect that Wolfinger is recusing himself because he already passed on the case. But, I don't know that for sure.

Unless you have some support, you don't know that it never went to the SA until now, either. That's simply an assumption on your part, and one that isn't supported.

As such, my assumption that it already got passed on by Wolfinger is just as accurate as your assumption.

You can grasp that, right?

Great question Ropey.

Treated, then questioned. He sought medial attention at a doctor's office the next day. NO HOSPITAL. I've also read he is being treated for depression. Only a partial police report posted also. I've read it. Nothing to indicate Zimmerman was seriously injured, whether he was in fear of deadly harm is up to the SA. He was able to kill Martin and WALK to the waiting police vehicle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back