How The Trayvon Martin Case Will Likely Play Out...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
the local authorities impanel a grand jury to examine the evidence...

while the grand jury is examining the evidence, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the grand jury...

the grand jury delivers a "true bill" to indict George Zimmerman for involuntary manslaughter for the killing of Trayvon Martin... which, from all we've been presented thus far, is probably the most serious charge with a chance to stick... (and if there's actually not enough evidence to support their decision, the grand jury won't have the balls to go with a "no true bill" decision...)

the hordes, led by Jesse et al, go apeshit that Zimmerman isn't charged with first degree murder, or at least second degree murder...

(separately, the US Department of Justice launches an investigation into whether Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, and whether Zimmerman violated federal "hate crimes" laws...)

the case goes before a jury trial...

while the case is being tried in court, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the jury...

after weeks of presentation of evidence and witness accounts, the jury deliberates for days... after which they find Zimmerman "not guilty"...

riots break out in several urban areas across the country, causing tens of millions of dollars in damage and several dozen deaths...

news reports show footage of outraged citizens carting off wide-screen TV's and cases of beer looted from neighborhood stores owned by Asian-Americans...

meanwhile, the Feds announce that they're continuing their investigation into whether Zimmerman violated federal civil rights and hate crimes laws...

and Jesse and Al, standing side by side (with Trayvon's mom to the left and Trayvon's dad to the right), announce that a wrongful death civil suit is being launched against Zimmerman...

It will not go to a petit jury.

Riots generally don't happen anymore in major cities (at least not riots on the Watts, MLK, King, stage). Gentrification and an African American middle class that has grown rapidly in the last two decades is to blame for this.

Large-scale riots generally happen in cities. There are very few major cities (500,000 people or more) still have the same amount of people of color. Many have moved to the suburbs and to the south. Detroit, Baltimore, and Memphis are the only major cities I know of with majority black populations. Maybe New Orleans, but I wouldn't count that as a major city with a population of only around 400k. Miami Gradens is majority black. Also majority poor. There may be some backlash there. Otherwise this will happen:

The grand jury will not indict Zimmerman.

There will be protests for about two months, possibly violent protests in Miami.

After two weeks this story won't be on TV anymore and we'll all be in a frenzy over something else.

the local authorities impanel a grand jury to examine the evidence...

while the grand jury is examining the evidence, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the grand jury...

the grand jury delivers a "true bill" to indict George Zimmerman for involuntary manslaughter for the killing of Trayvon Martin... which, from all we've been presented thus far, is probably the most serious charge with a chance to stick... (and if there's actually not enough evidence to support their decision, the grand jury won't have the balls to go with a "no true bill" decision...)

the hordes, led by Jesse et al, go apeshit that Zimmerman isn't charged with first degree murder, or at least second degree murder...

(separately, the US Department of Justice launches an investigation into whether Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, and whether Zimmerman violated federal "hate crimes" laws...)

the case goes before a jury trial...

while the case is being tried in court, the media reminds us, over and over, of the racial makeup of the jury...

after weeks of presentation of evidence and witness accounts, the jury deliberates for days... after which they find Zimmerman "not guilty"...

riots break out in several urban areas across the country, causing tens of millions of dollars in damage and several dozen deaths...

news reports show footage of outraged citizens carting off wide-screen TV's and cases of beer looted from neighborhood stores owned by Asian-Americans...

meanwhile, the Feds announce that they're continuing their investigation into whether Zimmerman violated federal civil rights and hate crimes laws...

and Jesse and Al, standing side by side (with Trayvon's mom to the left and Trayvon's dad to the right), announce that a wrongful death civil suit is being launched against Zimmerman...

This is the only thing you've posted that is actually likely to happen.

I'm pretty sure Zimmerman is gonna walk on all charges if any even get brought up.

That would be because it was a clear case of self defense. Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

All he did is ask the "kid" what he was doing and he got attacked broken nose knocked to the ground and the "kid" tried to take his gun. 6" 3" is not small and he was a football player as well. So much for the "Zimmerman was bigger then him" bullshit.

I heard that Florida's stand your ground law would protect Zimmerman from civil suits also. :dunno:

If the powers that be find a statute to charge Zimmerman under then they try to give it a hate crimes enhancement because of the alleged "fucking coons" remark on the 911 tape.

But do they find a statute to charge him under?

I'm pretty sure Zimmerman is gonna walk on all charges if any even get brought up.

That would be because it was a clear case of self defense. Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

All he did is ask the "kid" what he was doing and he got attacked broken nose knocked to the ground and the "kid" tried to take his gun. 6" 3" is not small and he was a football player as well. So much for the "Zimmerman was bigger then him" bullshit.

I wouldn't go as far to call it a "clear" case of self defence, how could Zimmerman be the one defending himself from Trayvon when HE was the one who called in and admitted to following him? there are some things that are not clear but it looks like that doesn't matter you'll get your wish and this guy will be free.

I heard that Florida's stand your ground law would protect Zimmerman from civil suits also. :dunno:

If the powers that be find a statute to charge Zimmerman under then they try to give it a hate crimes enhancement because of the alleged "fucking coons" remark on the 911 tape.

The tape is useless it is garbled gibberish. There is no way it is viable evidence. And any reasonable person listening to it will agree.

Yes it is. Somebody was defending themselves.

Considering that nobody saw who attacked who first we have no clue who that was.

Zimmerman will walk, and rightfully so because there's no evidence to suggest he was in the right or in the wrong. NOT because there was evidence that he was in the right.

Zimmerman can't be found guilty in this case. But he can't be found innocent either. We don't know therefore we can't convict.

Apparently the "fucking coons" thing doesn't matter, according to severa posters on this board at least.

I wouldn't go as far to call it a "clear" case of self defence, how could Zimmerman be the one defending himself from Trayvon when HE was the one who called in and admitted to following him? there are some things that are not clear but it looks like that doesn't matter you'll get your wish and this guy will be free.

Even the girl's version matches, all Zimmerman did is ask him what he was doing there. An eye witness places Zimmerman bleeding and on his back after being attacked by Martin. You can spin it anyway you want, it is not a crime to follow someone you think is suspicious nor is it a crime to stop them and ask them what they are doing. It is a crime to attack someone, break their nose, knock them to the ground and attempt to kill them with their own weapon.

All I can think of is some form of harassment for chasing the kid down the street.

Apparently the "fucking coons" thing doesn't matter, according to severa posters on this board at least.

A reasonable person can hear nothing except garbled crap from that tape. You have an agenda and have been told what to hear. It will not be viable evidence.

For those of you who doubt there would be riots if/when Zimmerman is acquitted, do you even know any Africans? The go on mini-riots all the time, over smaller things.

The best outcome, after that African attacked Zimmerman, is for the Grand Jury to refuse to condemn Zimmerman. This would result in softer ******/wigger community response (e.g. fewer people killed by mobs of Africans) than a trial ending in acquittal.

there's going to be a point in the whole process at which a violent reaction will occur...

resulting in property damage and deaths...

It doesn't.

It doesn't prove Zimmy commited a crime even if he said it. It just proves he's a bigotted idiot.

It doesn't.

It doesn't prove Zimmy commited a crime even if he said it. It just proves he's a bigotted idiot.

The tape is useless, one can not hear much more then garbled crap from it. A reasonable person would simply dismiss it as useless.

All I can think of is some form of harassment for chasing the kid down the street.

That's where the fed might try to get creative. The "fucking coons" remark if verified could add a lot of fire to a case that Zimmerman was profiling blacks and depriving them of their civil liberties.

Even the girl's version matches, all Zimmerman did is ask him what he was doing there. An eye witness places Zimmerman bleeding and on his back after being attacked by Martin. You can spin it anyway you want, it is not a crime to follow someone you think is suspicious nor is it a crime to stop them and ask them what they are doing. It is a crime to attack someone, break their nose, knock them to the ground and attempt to kill them with their own weapon.

No it does not. Stop making crap up.

Zimmerman claims he was attacked randomly from behind, after pursuing Martin on foot and losing site of him, and the kid started beating him up so he pulled out the gun and shot him. In other words the kid jumped out of the bushes on him like some action movie.

The girls story is that Zimmerman chased Martin down the street. Martin turned around and confronted Zimmerman asking Zimmerman why he was chasing him. Zimmerman replied and a scuffle insued. Then blank. 60 seconds later Martin was dead.

Zimmerman never mentioned a verbal confrontation.
Zimmerman claims he was randomly attacked from behind.
I find it hard to believe he was talking to Trayvon with his back turned.
If a scuffle insued after a verbal confrontation. They must have been close to each other in some way facing each other in order fo rthat to happen (common sense).

The two stories don't match at all.

Again we don't know who threw the first punch so therefore we don't know who attacked who.

That's where the fed might try to get creative. The "fucking coons" remark if verified could add a lot of fire to a case that Zimmerman was profiling blacks and depriving them of their civil liberties.

I don't believe Zimmerman said that. He'd have to be incredible stupid to say that on the phone with a dispatcher.

I don't pretend to know if Zimmy is racist. The question isn't how Zimmy feels about black people, it's did he commit a crime.

Forum List

Back