How the Nazis were rewarded after the war with a good life in the USA

They never got around to dropping the atomic bomb on Germany for one good reason.
The third reich ended with Germany's surrender to the allies on May 9, 1945.
The 1st atomic bomb test was somewhere in July of same year.
So point is that by the time this weapon was perfected Germany had already surrendered.

Absolutely correct.

However, the bombs could have been dropped in dessert areas to intimidate the Japanese emperor, but the scientists decided to "study" the nuclear power "effects" in humans. This is the reason those two cities were chosen "in the name of science".
Interesting. All along we were taught in school that this was done to simply end the 2nd world war as quickly as possible thus saving American and Japanese lives.
It was never mentioned to us that this was a further reason to drop the bomb on Hiroshima/Nagasaki.
To study the effects of atomic radiation on humans.

That is flat out false. Where do you get your information from, a Nazi hotline?

The German soldier was just as committed and "fanatical" as the Japanese.

As I said, they were just as "fanatical" on the eastern front against the Soviets, but not on the western front where many of them surrendered. As well, the numbers of Japanese that surrendered in places like Iwo Jima and Okinawa was far less by a percentage than the numbers of Germans that surrendered on the western front.

Maybe but I would be scared to trust a Nazi scientist or doctor like Dr.Mengele.

Dr. Mengele escaped to South America where he successfully hid until he drowned swimming offshore as an old man in 1976.

Yep, thousands of Nazis escaped to all over the world after WW-II as did the Japanese.

The obvious difference is that while Japan was barbaric in their treatment of prisoners and civilians they did not run hundreds of extermination camps.

How were the Japanese handled worse?
You think because they were white? Maybe you should take your racist views and sit and twist on them. Most of the Nazis who made it well here did so because they were scientists like Werner Von Braun who checked out as not having committed human rights crimes, had only gone along with Hitler out of fear, had fled Germany when they could and were willing to take their knowledge now and apply it towards American science and military efforts, most of which ultimately served to preserve world peace against the Russians and were instrumental in our space efforts.

Don't they teach you nuthin' there in Austria except how to swill beer?

Why is this racist?

:cuckoo:

I dont dislike white people or germans or british or french or russians or any other white people. I just say "Why I think there was less brutality for germans then for the viets for example".

say-S.jpg

It was long ago but I read a magazine that the war in the pacific was much brutale then in europe though. Also there are other wars america was in, like vietnam war which was much more brutale. My theory is, because they are white. If you disagree with this theory, you can comment, but you dont need to attack me personally.
I do disagree totally with your comment. Your making this out to be a race issue when it really isn't.
There is no way one can objectively say that the war in the pacific or Vietnam was more brutal than Europe because there were or no whites involved or less.
The Japanese occupation of China for one thing was a really brutal and tragic occurence for the Chinese who lived there.
If you get a chance you should read "The Rape Of Nanking" by Iris Chang.
Saying that the war in Europe was less brutal however because Europeans or whites were involved is just pure plain naive and ridiculous.

That is flat out false. Where do you get your information from, a Nazi hotline?

The German soldier was just as committed and "fanatical" as the Japanese.

As I said, they were just as "fanatical" on the eastern front against the Soviets, but not on the western front where many of them surrendered. As well, the numbers of Japanese that surrendered in places like Iwo Jima and Okinawa was far less by a percentage than the numbers of Germans that surrendered on the western front.
If they fought more fanatically against the Soviets it's because they knew they would suffer a harsher fate at their hands as opposed to that of the allies.
They were more willing to surrender to the Americans and British than to the Russians who would have sent them east to the Gulag.
And it would have been a one way trip.

Maybe but I would be scared to trust a Nazi scientist or doctor like Dr.Mengele.

Dr. Mengele escaped to South America where he successfully hid until he drowned swimming offshore as an old man in 1976.

Yep, thousands of Nazis escaped to all over the world after WW-II as did the Japanese.

The obvious difference is that while Japan was barbaric in their treatment of prisoners and civilians they did not run hundreds of extermination camps.

How were the Japanese handled worse?

I dont dislike white people or germans or british or french or russians or any other white people. I just say "Why I think there was less brutality for germans then for the viets for example".

say-S.jpg

It was long ago but I read a magazine that the war in the pacific was much brutale then in europe though. Also there are other wars america was in, like vietnam war which was much more brutale. My theory is, because they are white. If you disagree with this theory, you can comment, but you dont need to attack me personally.
I do disagree totally with your comment. Your making this out to be a race issue when it really isn't.
There is no way one can objectively say that the war in the pacific or Vietnam was more brutal than Europe because there were or no whites involved or less.
The Japanese occupation of China for one thing was a really brutal and tragic occurence for the Chinese who lived there.
If you get a chance you should read "The Rape Of Nanking" by Iris Chang.
Saying that the war in Europe was less brutal however because Europeans or whites were involved is just pure plain naive and ridiculous.

Everything is a race issue with Mortimer. He's a nazi wannabe in a brown man's body.

How Thousands Of Nazis Were 'Rewarded' With Life In The U.S.

Nazis lived a good life, most of them were never persecuted. I wonder why the Mossad didnt kill them all.

I think thats because they were white. The japanese got the worse treatment. Imagine the nazis have been blacks.

You think because they were white? Maybe you should take your racist views and sit and twist on them. Most of the Nazis who made it well here did so because they were scientists like Werner Von Braun who checked out as not having committed human rights crimes, had only gone along with Hitler out of fear, had fled Germany when they could and were willing to take their knowledge now and apply it towards American science and military efforts, most of which ultimately served to preserve world peace against the Russians and were instrumental in our space efforts.

Don't they teach you nuthin' there in Austria except how to swill beer?

Why is this racist? The americans are also white and related to germans, thats why they treated them well unlike the japanese and their own citizens who were black. The americans treated well the nazis or germans much better then the japanese. They never dropped the nuclear bomb on germany. They never put germans in concentration camps. It is a fact.
Not all white americans are related to germans. Many are descended from Irish, English, and other European immigrants.
Also remember many of the top Nazi war criminals were tried at the Nuremberg trials and many of them ended up being hung.
Others were imprisoned for quite a few years.
Ever hear of Dresden? It's a city in Germany that was heavily strafed and bombed by allied planes for days.
Most of the casualties were civilian and in terms of damage inflicted it was far greater than that caused by the atom bomb in Hiroshima
and Nagasaki.
The British and Americans knew that there were few or no military targets there and none that would have been worth taking seriously.
Yet they incinerated this city to ruins and ashes killing a mass of unarmed civilians.
Some would argue this would be an atrocity or a war crime in of itself.
On the other hand the British would have found this to be justifiable retaliation for the bombing of London and perhaps other cities by
the Luftwaffe.

Your attempt to view this as a racial issue is distorted and ridiculous.

It could very well be wrong what I said but I don't think it is racist or anti white it is not even my very own idea but I read it in a old history magazine when I waited for train back in school 20 years ago

To study the effects of atomic radiation on humans.

Do you really believe that Truman's rationale for dropping the atomic bombs was to study the effects of atomic radiation on people?
No I don't. I go with the main official explanation that it was done simply to end the war with Japan as quickly as possible.
I just made this comment in reply to luchitociencia's remark that he claims it was done as a reason to study the effects of atomic radiation on humans.
There are some however who claim that it wasn't really necessary to drop the bomb on Japan because by this time they were already losing the war
and that they would have surrendered anyway.
Personally I'm not sure about that given how fanatical and stubborn the Japs were about giving up and surrendering.
For a Japanese person back then to even talk about suing for peace would have been enough to get himself killed by a diehard nationalist.
Any talk of surrendering or ending the war would have been considered treasonous and really dishonorable among extreme right wing patriots.
Those assholes would have sooner seen half their population butchered (which they would have seen as dying honorably) rather than have
their country end a war that they had no chance of winning anyway and for which they had no real reason to start.

In some of those cases, I think there was justification for putting them to work for us. Some of the "Nazi" scientists did not buy Nazi ideology and only became Nazis to avoid persecution/punishment. Any senior Nazi officer who was involved with the Holocaust deserved execution. It is really too bad that we didn't catch Hitler, put him on trial, and then hang him.

Forum List

Back