How the Man of the People Vacations...

Personally, the more vacation time he takes, the happier I will be. More power to him. As Mencken noted it is "the tin pot Paul on the Jitney Mars Hill" that is the biggest threat.

They have the money, they might as well enjoy it.

Given his administrative style, nothing will happen while is golfing. The whole apparat is frozen. A very good thing. While he is chewing the lotus, the economy can recover.

The longer he keeps golfing the further away from the rest of use we can keep him, it is most likely the less pain we will feel.

Keep him on a golf course in India, the economy will roar.

:lol: ya'll are seriously going to go there? :lol: that's fucking BRILLIANT!

He's RENTING this house, not buying it. It's owned by a man in Houston in case you can't read.

I suppose now, he shouldn't return to Hawaii to vacation or if he does he should stay in a grass hut to make sure everyone knows he's a "man of the people" :cuckoo:

"The man of the people" ???????

Brainless.

What "people" is he a man of?

Elitists?

Plutocrats?

The gag quaility of democrats is incredible.

"The man of the people" ???????

Brainless.

What "people" is he a man of?

Elitists?

Plutocrats?

The gag quaility of democrats is incredible.

what does that even mean?

where should be vacation? that is the question? he's FROM Hawaii!! will he be seen as an elitist every time he returns to his home state? :cuckoo:

what does that even mean?

where should be vacation? that is the question? he's FROM Hawaii!! will he be seen as an elitist every time he returns to his home state? :cuckoo:

I would think he would want to vacation somewhere where his family and him are safe, wouldn't you? Was there a big fuss like this whenever GWBush took a vacation? I don't recall, but then again, I don't care where he took his vacation either.

I would think he would want to vacation somewhere where his family and him are safe, wouldn't you? Was there a big fuss like this whenever GWBush took a vacation? I don't recall, but then again, I don't care where he took his vacation either.

of course there was no fuss when Bush took vacation, even as he set the record for the most vacation days EVER taken by a President! He vacationed at his ranch in Texas.....

and yes, I'm sure security is/was a consideration for this particular spot considering that prior to being elected he stayed with his Grandmother in the same apt he grew up in.

This is just more of the right showing their hypocrisy I guess.

:lol: ya'll are seriously going to go there? :lol: that's fucking BRILLIANT!

He's RENTING this house, not buying it. It's owned by a man in Houston in case you can't read.

I suppose now, he shouldn't return to Hawaii to vacation or if he does he should stay in a grass hut to make sure everyone knows he's a "man of the people" :cuckoo:

Seems your the idiot, no one mentioned him buying any home!

Go back to bed!

Personally, it's nice to know that BHO hasn't worked even a full month before he needed a vacation. And I am so glad he is using our taxes to go on vacation before he's even put in day one at the white house.

Now that's stamina

Give us a break! It is chrismas time. He is a wealthy dude with a wealthy wife, and He can take time off to party right about now.

I intend to spend the next four years doing my best to ridicule and demean him, but lets stick to queensbury rules here, ok?

And the reality is, the more he vacations, the better off we are, so we should encourage the behavior in any way we can.

I don't think anyone who has posted so far has a problem with a wealthy family taking a very nice vacation.

Where the chuckle comes in is Obama taking a very posh vacation while he lectures the American people about tightening our belts...while he and his wife lecture about how Americans should do jobs that "help people" rather than jobs that pay well...etc.

For me, it isn't a "left" or a "right" issue...its a politician issue...I love people who make six-figure salaries and have some of the best health care on the planet...who have multiple homes, vacation all over the world, spend god knows what on clothing, etc....lecturing me or anyone else on whether or not we should be trying to make more money.

The Obamas worked for their money, they earned it...they should spend it as they see fit...no conservative worth his salt should say otherwise. Hell, who WOULDN'T want to be in Hawaii right now, lol. Its 10 degrees at my house!...but don't expect me not to roll my eyes a bit when he pops back to Washington to tell me to tighten my belt and get a job as a social worker making $18,000 a year for the "good of the country."

Personally, it's nice to know that BHO hasn't worked even a full month before he needed a vacation. And I am so glad he is using our taxes to go on vacation before he's even put in day one at the white house.

Now that's stamina

proof that he's using our tax dollars please!

and last time I checked, he's been working harder than Bush in the last month and perhaps he's getting in his vacation time now rather than doing it while he's in office, unlike Bush 43.... who took a record number of vacation days during his tenure.

gem said:
For me, it isn't a "left" or a "right" issue...its a politician issue...I love people who make six-figure salaries and have some of the best health care on the planet...who have multiple homes, vacation all over the world, spend god knows what on clothing, etc....lecturing me or anyone else on whether or not we should be trying to make more money.

Obama owns ONE home and he's vacationing in the state he was BORN in and his wife seems to buy her clothing off the rack!

I find it repugnant that the right is trying to make a big deal out of this vacation, like the man isn't entitled to a vacation?!

What should he be doing? living in a box to prove that he's "with" the people who are struggling? :cuckoo:

And the reality is, the more he vacations, the better off we are, so we should encourage the behavior in any way we can.

if that were true, we wouldn't be in the complete shitter now cuz Bush took more vacation days than ANY president in HISTORY and he still managed to completely fuck us.

proof that he's using our tax dollars please!

Let's see a cadre of secret service men, a convoy of armored cars, 24 hour security. Do you believe that BHO paid out of pocket to bring all those men and equipment to Hawaii? Did he even pay for his own plane ticket? I don't think so.

He is not even president yet and he's spending our fucking money.

and last time I checked, he's been working harder than Bush in the last month and perhaps he's getting in his vacation time now rather than doing it while he's in office, unlike Bush 43.... who took a record number of vacation days during his tenure.

One month of hard work. If sitting on your ass all day picking a cabinet team can be called hard work and he needs a vacation after only one month?

Personally, I think the pres should get 2 weeks until he has served for 5 years then he gets three. You know just like the rest of us working folk.

Obama owns ONE home and he's vacationing in the state he was BORN in and his wife seems to buy her clothing off the rack!

And your point is? Who cares ?

I find it repugnant that the right is trying to make a big deal out of this vacation, like the man isn't entitled to a vacation?!

He's entitles to a vacation but when millions of tax payer money has to be spent for him to do so, he should at least wait until he's sworn in.

What should he be doing? living in a box to prove that he's "with" the people who are struggling? :cuckoo:

How about leading by example? How about showing us by his actions that he is at least pretending to try to be responsible with tax payer money?

Last edited:
Who ever said Obama was a man of the people?

More right wing blather.

Insinuate goofy things about what people believe so you can fault them for believing what they don't believe.

What a load one-trick-ponies runs in that herd.

Let's see a cadre of secret service men, armored cars, 24 hour security. Do you believe that BHO paid out of pocket to bring all those men and equipment to Hawaii?

He is not even president yet and he's spending our fucking money.

One month of hard work. If sitting on your ass all day picking a cabinet team can be called hard work and he needs a vacation after only one month?

Personally, I think the pres should get 2 weeks until he has served for 5 years then he gets three. You know just like the rest of us working folk.

And your point is? Who cares ?

He's entitles to a vacation but when millions of tax payer money has to be spent for him to do so, he should at least wait until he's sworn in.

How about leading by example? How about showing us by his actions that he is at least pretending to try to be responsible with tax payer money?

Phony, partisan-based fake "outrage".

You didn't pipe up a single time at all the vacation Bush took.

You really are one of the most dishonest, and hyper partisan hacks I've run across.

Forum List

Back