How the heck is it Romney's fault that Newt effed up in Virginia?

What the heck? Are people really trying to lay this one on Mitt???

Some are.

As a Republican and a member of the party of personal responsibility I do not agree with them. Virginia law on signature requirements have been in place for many years, failure to follow them by the Newt campaign was a major fuck up.

>>>>

Newt is yesterday's news. The failure to gain a place on the ballot in HIS HOME STATE, just shows you how poorly organized he and his organization are. Perhaps he was busy getting it on with wife number four?

Believe me, Newt is not worth the key strokes.

• Banned

Some are.

As a Republican and a member of the party of personal responsibility I do not agree with them. Virginia law on signature requirements have been in place for many years, failure to follow them by the Newt campaign was a major fuck up.

>>>>

Thanks. That's how I see it. I could barely believe my eyes when I read in another thread that Newt's failure somehow damned Romney.

Nope.

We are laying it on the GOP Beltway establishment that is trying to push Romney on the electorate by destroying all the other options.

"No Coke, Pepsi".

Maybe I really wanted a Pepsi..

"No fries, Chips!"

Maybe I really wanted fries.

Fact is, the GOP establishment doesn't trust the GOP voter. That's the long and short of it.

• Banned
How is it the establishment's fault if Newt didn't have a good enough organization to get enough legal signatures in Virginia?

How is it the establishment's fault if Newt didn't have a good enough organization to get enough legal signatures in Virginia?

Why be such a stickler for the rules when he did submit a lot of signatures and it is clear from polling that a lot of people would vote for him if the election were held today?

And the fact the Lt. Gov. of VA is also the chairman of Romney's campaign in the state makes it all a bit suspicous, doncha think?

The thing is, this is so unnecessary. Romney will probably outlast most of the FIVE opponents he got excluded off the ballot. (It wasn't just Newt, it was everyone else, too!)

Using a technicality to acheive a goal you couldn't get in fair play never sits well with anyone.

It's almost like Romney wants a third party to draw away all those Conservative votes....

• Banned

Why be such a stickler for the rules when he did submit a lot of signatures and it is clear from polling that a lot of people would vote for him if the election were held today?

And the fact the Lt. Gov. of VA is also the chairman of Romney's campaign in the state makes it all a bit suspicous, doncha think?

The thing is, this is so unnecessary. Romney will probably outlast most of the FIVE opponents he got excluded off the ballot. (It wasn't just Newt, it was everyone else, too!)

Using a technicality to acheive a goal you couldn't get in fair play never sits well with anyone.

It's almost like Romney wants a third party to draw away all those Conservative votes....

Sounds like you ARE laying it on Romney.

And saying that the laws of Virginia should not be followed ... in order to make up for the failings of someone who is supposed to be spending this year convincing the nation that he is ready to be president.

Virginia following its laws is somehow Romney using a technicality?

That's pretty heavy. I need time to let that sink in.

Sounds like you ARE laying it on Romney.

And saying that the laws of Virginia should not be followed ... in order to make up for the failings of someone who is supposed to be spending this year convincing the nation that he is ready to be president.

Virginia following its laws is somehow Romney using a technicality?

That's pretty heavy. I need time to let that sink in.

Well, don't strain yourself... I know that you are pretty much having a hard time dealing with the fact your undergarments aren't magic.

I put this on Romney because he should be the one saying, "I want this to be a fair fight. Please give Gingrich and Perry every oppurtunity to have a spirited contest on the direction of this party."

That's what a LEADER does.

A LEADER doesn't hide behind a technicality that benefits him.

Romney isn't a leader. He's a tool.

>

And there will be calls throughout the land for an "Activist Judge" to throw out the law as enacted years ago by the Legislature of the Commonwealth of Virginia so that those who did not follow the law are granted special dispensation to be on the primary ballot.

Something that if it was a Democrat doing it would be resoundingly opposed.

>>>>

>

And there will be calls throughout the land for an "Activist Judge" to throw out the law as enacted years ago by the Legislature of the Commonwealth of Virginia so that those who did not follow the law are granted special dispensation to be on the primary ballot.

>>>>

Exactly!!!!

>

>>>>

Exactly!!!!

Maybe. But this kind of dirty tricks is exactly the kind of laws the courts should strike down.

If your argument is that you have a requirement so that Joe Blow with a tinfoil hat can't get his name on the ballot, that's one thing. But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

>

>>>>

Exactly!!!!

Maybe. But this kind of dirty tricks is exactly the kind of laws the courts should strike down.

If your argument is that you have a requirement so that Joe Blow with a tinfoil hat can't get his name on the ballot, that's one thing. But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

This kind of dirty tricks?

There have yet to be dirty tricks shown.

Newt EFFED up.

No dirty tricks.

The state of Virginia does not owe Newt a place on the ballot just because he is polling well in other parts of the nation. If Newt can't get his name on the ballot in his own state then he just doesn't deserve to be there.

Romney didn't pull any dirty tricks. Newt just showed one of his weaknesses.

These races are supposed to be survival of the fittest ... and Newt is showing that might not be him.

Look Joe. You entered this thread with the pretence that you weren't blaming Newt's failure on Mitt the way some others were. But you are. That was a nice little feint there. I almost fell for it.

Now back on topic. Newt fucked up. Why is Mitt getting the blame for it?

Last edited:
But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.
But couldn't even get .003 of the nearly 4 million registered voters to sign a petition with MONTHS & MONTHS of advance notice.

That's some powerful candy-date there. :lol:

Later Correction: I just read there are over 5 Million registered VA voters.

Last edited:
But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

But couldn't even get .003 of the nearly 4 million registered voters to sign a petition with MONTHS & MONTHS of advance notice.

That's some powerful candy-date there. :lol:

They could have submitted half a million signatures, and the party hacks would have disqualified them under some lame-ass excuse.

Amelia, you can whine all day about the "rules" and "newt messed up", but the party hacks got caught cheating.... It's really that simple.

Come on, 5 out of 6 Romney rivals are disqualified?

Get real. This is trying to rig the game, because they know ROmney is a weak candidate who couldn't win a fair fight, even outspending his opponents 10-1.

Forum List

Back