How the GOP fooled its own party with the BS of “trickle-down economics”

Oh you’re very right. Lobbyists own democrats as well. However, the key difference is that democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.

I am middle class. What Democrat policy has helped me?
Raising the minimum wage you're surely working for??
The best way to raise the minimum wage is to deport all the cheap labor illegal aliens that Democrats love so much. Having said that, trickle down was also an anti worker bunch of BS mainly pushed by the idiotic neocon establishment.

Who hires aliens unable to work in the US, and what impact would their termination have on our economy?

Consider:

8 Million People Are Working Illegally in the U.S. Here’s Why That’s Unlikely to Change.

Three New Ways for Congress to Legalize Illegal Immigrants

Trump's simplistic hate and fear immigration solution is harmful to people and to our economy.

The Economics and Policy of Illegal Immigration in the United States

Logic is not hate. If you are here illegally you’re breaking the law. We are either a country of laws or we are not. No gray area.

Arbitrarily enforcing the law is not just; and not enforcing the immigration laws are immoral, at best. That is what Trump and Homeland Security have done, enforced harsh and inhuman tactics on migrants who attempt to follow the law and surrender to border security.

The best way to raise the minimum wage is to deport all the cheap labor illegal aliens that Democrats love so much. Having said that, trickle down was also an anti worker bunch of BS mainly pushed by the idiotic neocon establishment.

Who hires aliens unable to work in the US, and what impact would their termination have on our economy?

Consider:

8 Million People Are Working Illegally in the U.S. Here’s Why That’s Unlikely to Change.

Trump's simplistic hate and fear immigration solution is harmful to people and to our economy.

Logic is not hate. If you are here illegally you’re breaking the law. We are either a country of laws or we are not. No gray area.

Arbitrarily enforcing the law is not just; and not enforcing the immigration laws are immoral, at best. That is what Trump and Homeland Security have done, enforced harsh and inhuman tactics on migrants who attempt to follow the law and surrender to border security.

It is not arbitrarily. Sanctuary cities are breaking the law. Immoral is subjective. Either we enforce our laws or we do not. Inhuman is subjective.
Taking advantage of our system is Inhuman IMO.

Billy are we supposed to pretend Democrats don't listen to lobbyists and in fact are not owned by lobbyists?

Remember: it takes intelligence and maturity to appreciate the role of government. This is your big, fat, federal government right here. Don't you love it? Aren't you proud?
Oh you’re very right. Lobbyists own democrats as well. However, the key difference is that democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.

Consider:

You are what you read, amigo. The articles you highlight are mandatory reading for all of our home grown Antifa terrorists.

Consider:

You are what you read, amigo. The articles you highlight are mandatory reading for all of our home grown Antifa terrorists.

I don't support terrorism, I abhor it.

I am 100% opposed to Fascism and fascism (if you think this is redundant, you have no clue about this ideology).

Consider:

I am 100% opposed to Fascism and fascism (if you think this is redundant, you have no clue about this ideology).

But that is not at all what your posts on this board suggest?

Consider:

Post one of my posts or threads in which I advocate or support violence / terrorism?

Consider:

Post one of my posts or threads in which I advocate or support violence / terrorism?

I am Talking about Fascism not violence, which is prohibited here.

Consider:

Ah. So now you are the self proclaimed authority on fascism. BFD. Nobody cares, unless you're talking about trickle down fascism.

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

GOP: “not yet. You’re moving too fast for us.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

GOP: “what? How the hell are we supposed to do that?”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them.”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

GOP: “how are we supposed to explain this to our base?!”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

GOP: “Ready BREAK!”
FACT: Taking money via taxes does not improve the economy.

The TRUTH...

"trickle down" = cutting taxes and spending = the 1990s economy

"trickle down" produced

1. full employment
2. budget surplus
3. nobody whining about the minimum wage because wage inflation was real.

What did NOT WORK?

A: BIG GOVERNMENT

W and O

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

GOP: “not yet. You’re moving too fast for us.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

GOP: “what? How the hell are we supposed to do that?”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them.”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

GOP: “how are we supposed to explain this to our base?!”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

GOP: “Ready BREAK!”
FACT: Taking money via taxes does not improve the economy.

FACT: It does depending on what is done with it. Investing in education can improve the quality life workers.

Forum List

Back