How the GOP fooled its own party with the BS of “trickle-down economics”

What income figure constitutes the low end of "middle class"? In my mind 60 thousand is a valid number. Under this, it's hard to afford a decent house, safe reliable vehicle, and health insurance, and good food.

Where you live/how you live matters, but in 2014 numbers it is $42,000 to $126,000

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

GOP: “not yet. You’re moving too fast for us.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

GOP: “what? How the hell are we supposed to do that?”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to get save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them?”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

GOP: “how are we supposed to explain this to our base?!”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

GOP: “Ready BREAK!”
Tough swimming against the tide isn't it?
It’s better than being you and being washed away with the tide til you’re so far from land that you forgot what it looks like.

Billy are we supposed to pretend Democrats don't listen to lobbyists and in fact are not owned by lobbyists?

Remember: it takes intelligence and maturity to appreciate the role of government. This is your big, fat, federal government right here. Don't you love it? Aren't you proud?
Oh you’re very right. Lobbyists own democrats as well. However, the key difference is that democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.

I am middle class. What Democrat policy has helped me?

Democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.......

That's a bald faced lie. What an ignoramus. Democrats obsession with crap like environmental justice, green bullshit, and climate change always makes life harder, not easier, for the poor. And their constant raising of taxes makes business flee states and the country, taking jobs with them.

Environmental restrictions making large areas of land off-limits for building and other housing restrictions that liberals have put in place for the benefit of the environment raise the cost of building new housing by restricting the available places housing can be built, and the poor pay more for housing or having long (and expensive) commutes to work thanks to environmental restrictions on new construction

The left also pushes locally grown and organic food, but local farmers are inefficient compared to larger-scale farmers located farther away. Similarly, organic food is generally much more expensive to produce than food grown by conventional methods so when the Left pushes local or organic foods on everyone (say through school lunches or misguided labeling campaigns), we are raising the cost of food. Poor people spend a higher percentage of their income on food, so higher food prices hit them especially hard.

Democrats push for labor standards, both here and abroad, meaning higher minimum wages (and wages overall), paid sick, vacation, and parental leave, and safer working conditions. These sound good but there is a cost to the poor, as well. Higher labor costs mean that everything the poor buys must cost more. Further, when we push for improved labor standards abroad as part of free trade agreements, the prices of imports go up and no poor workers in the U.S. get any benefits. Higher labor costs also mean fewer jobs; thus, the poor who keep their jobs face some gains (better work conditions) and some losses (higher prices), but the poor who lose or now cannot find a job only get the higher prices

Saving the world sounds great to dopes, but as liberals go around saving the world they seem not to have noticed that all the actions they are supporting are essentially luxuries that make living more expensive.

Democrats obsession with crap like environmental justice, green bullshit, and climate change

Naomi Klein I hate that bitch and going to love you ..

Corporate lobbyists: “hey, GOP, we will give you a shit ton of money if you suck our dicks.”

Corporate lobbyists: “okay fine. We’ll just give you a shit ton of money to pass legislation that benefits our corporation and pleases the shareholders.”

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to get save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them?”

Corporate lobbyists: “um no. We get rich faster if we just save money through these tax cuts we don’t deserve.”

Corporate lobbyists: “Just tell them that the richer executives get, the more they will invest in wages and benefits for their workers. We will choose not to do that, of course, because we have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profits for shareholders - even at the expense of our workers.”

It’s better than being you and being washed away with the tide til you’re so far from land that you forgot what it looks like.

Billy are we supposed to pretend Democrats don't listen to lobbyists and in fact are not owned by lobbyists?

Remember: it takes intelligence and maturity to appreciate the role of government. This is your big, fat, federal government right here. Don't you love it? Aren't you proud?
Oh you’re very right. Lobbyists own democrats as well. However, the key difference is that democrats push legislation that also benefits the poor and middle class.

The most remarkable part of Democrat ideology is that it gives the ruling class money and creates poverty. Not only does it not help the poor or middle class, it destroys the middle class and keeps the poor, poor. Good intentions mean nothing, you are being used.

the middle class has been screwed for 40 years under these policies

Which policies?
tax cuts

How do tax cuts screw the middle class?

The Trump tax cuts saved me a decent amount and I'm far from a 1%er.

What's a decent amount to you? Two bucks? But more importantly I don't care what you get, the tax bill by Ryan and signed by trump is not reform, it is a FRAUD.

What's a decent amount to you?

I saved about $3800 on about 4% higher taxable income.

goody good for you, my earnings went up too, 3% Cola and a bit over $4,000 in interest, we lost over $85,000 in the markets in 2018, it's been recovered, off and on, this year; our tax deductions for fy 2018 (real estate tax, state income tax) meant we sent more to that Big Government you hate.

The most remarkable part of Democrat ideology is that it gives the ruling class money and creates poverty. Not only does it not help the poor or middle class, it destroys the middle class and keeps the poor, poor. Good intentions mean nothing, you are being used.

Thanks for a clear, concise and unbiased opinion. I appreciate all of the evidence to support your comments; how only the Democratic Party is culpable for destroying the middle class and keeping the poor, poor is very insightful.

SARCASM ALERT

Raising the minimum wage you're surely working for??

What's a decent amount to you? Two bucks? But more importantly I don't care what you get, the tax bill by Ryan and signed by trump is not reform, it is a FRAUD.

goody good for you, my earnings went up too, 3% Cola and a bit over $4,000 in interest, we lost over $85,000 in the markets in 2018, it's been recovered, off and on, this year; our tax deductions for fy 2018 (real estate tax, state income tax) meant we sent more to that Big Government you hate.

Yeah, San Francisco sucks that way.

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them.”

Lib please there are no greater corporate whores than the Dem party. :anj_stfu:

The best way to raise the minimum wage is to deport all the cheap labor illegal aliens that Democrats love so much. Having said that, trickle down was also an anti worker bunch of BS mainly pushed by the idiotic neocon establishment.

All of CA and other Blue States with large urban areas were punished by Ryan and Trump. It's really that simple. The money I sent to Washington I can live with, but some seniors in the Bay Area will lose their homes when they cannot pay their real estate, St. income taxes and special district taxes, which go up annually.

Year one is only the beginning of how poorly most of us will be treated by the lies and fraud perpetrated by Ryan and Trump.

See and Read:

The Two Biggest Lies in Donald Trump's Tax Plan

From this link:

Personal Income Tax: Giving with One Hand, Taking with the Other

While the Trump administration has always prioritized corporate tax cuts, the president has told the public a very different story. The White House and its allies insisted the tax overhaul would cut taxes for middle-income families and increase them on the rich—including the president himself. Last November, Trump told a Missouri audience that this “is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me,” and repeatedly claimed more generally that the “rich will not be gaining at all with this plan.” House Speaker Paul Ryan claimed that the plan would be built around middle-class concerns: people “who are low- and middle-income, they’re the ones who are literally living paycheck to paycheck, who are worried about losing their job or they haven’t gotten a raise in years. This is about them and not about people who are really high-income earners getting a break.”

These claims contain a half-truth and a proven falsehood. In the short run, the new tax law will provide some tax cuts to many American families. Over the plan’s first five years, between 2018 and 2023, close to 75 percent of the new law’s tax cuts ($740 billion out of $1.07 trillion) will go to individuals, not corporations. The plan shaves a few percentage points off all rates except the bottom, which remains 10 percent. More salient for middle-income Americans are a big boost in the standard deduction, from $13,000 to $24,000 for married couples, and a doubling of the credit most families get for each school-age child, from $1,000 to $2,000.

But what the Tax Act gives middle-income families with one hand, it takes away with the other. The new law repeals personal and dependent exemptions, increasing taxable income for a family of four by $16,600 in 2018. Many itemized deductions are pared back substantially: the deduction for state and local taxes (SALT) is capped at $10,000; the mortgage interest deduction is capped; and deductions for casualty and theft losses, employee business expenses, and union dues are eliminated outright. Deductions for moving expenses, tuition and fees, and alimony payments are also repealed.

Corporate lobbyists: “Give us ridiculous income tax cuts and rig the tax code so that we can take advantage of generous loopholes and deductions to save even more money. Just keep the “official” corporate tax rate high. It’s enough to fool your voters as being relevant and worth a damn. Oh, and call poor people lazy and do absolutely nothing to help them because it’s already fishy enough that the deficit will explode. We can’t add unnecessary expenses like that.”

GOP: “wouldn’t it be better for everyone if we just cut taxes for the poor and middle class? That way, they would have more money to spend on the economy and not only create profit for you, but more jobs for them.”

You seem to be overly obsessed with sucking dicks.:eusa_think:

All of CA and other Blue States with large urban areas were punished by Ryan and Trump. It's really that simple. The money I sent to Washington I can live with, but some seniors in the Bay Area will lose their homes when they cannot pay their real estate, St. income taxes and special district taxes, which go up annually.

Year one is only the beginning of how poorly most of us will be treated by the lies and fraud perpetrated by Ryan and Trump.

See and Read:

From this link:

While the Trump administration has always prioritized corporate tax cuts, the president has told the public a very different story. The White House and its allies insisted the tax overhaul would cut taxes for middle-income families and increase them on the rich—including the president himself. Last November, Trump told a Missouri audience that this “is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me,” and repeatedly claimed more generally that the “rich will not be gaining at all with this plan.” House Speaker Paul Ryan claimed that the plan would be built around middle-class concerns: people “who are low- and middle-income, they’re the ones who are literally living paycheck to paycheck, who are worried about losing their job or they haven’t gotten a raise in years. This is about them and not about people who are really high-income earners getting a break.”

These claims contain a half-truth and a proven falsehood. In the short run, the new tax law will provide some tax cuts to many American families. Over the plan’s first five years, between 2018 and 2023, close to 75 percent of the new law’s tax cuts ($740 billion out of $1.07 trillion) will go to individuals, not corporations. The plan shaves a few percentage points off all rates except the bottom, which remains 10 percent. More salient for middle-income Americans are a big boost in the standard deduction, from $13,000 to $24,000 for married couples, and a doubling of the credit most families get for each school-age child, from $1,000 to $2,000.

But what the Tax Act gives middle-income families with one hand, it takes away with the other. The new law repeals personal and dependent exemptions, increasing taxable income for a family of four by $16,600 in 2018. Many itemized deductions are pared back substantially: the deduction for state and local taxes (SALT) is capped at $10,000; the mortgage interest deduction is capped; and deductions for casualty and theft losses, employee business expenses, and union dues are eliminated outright. Deductions for moving expenses, tuition and fees, and alimony payments are also repealed.

All of CA and other Blue States with large urban areas were punished by Ryan and Trump. It's really that simple.

Yup.

but some seniors in the Bay Area will lose their homes when they cannot pay their real estate, St. income taxes and special district taxes, which go up annually.

They can sell their million dollar home and live somewhere less expensive.

Year one is only the beginning of how poorly most of us will be treated

Most of us?

Over the plan’s first five years, between 2018 and 2023, close to 75 percent of the new law’s tax cuts ($740 billion out of $1.07 trillion) will go to individuals, not corporations.

Wait, that refutes your previous claims.

The plan shaves a few percentage points off all rates except the bottom, which remains 10 percent. More salient for middle-income Americans are a big boost in the standard deduction, from $13,000 to $24,000 for married couples, and a doubling of the credit most families get for each school-age child, from $1,000 to $2,000.

Cutting my taxes....those bastards!!!

Deductions for …. alimony payments are also repealed.

upload_2019-6-23_11-11-3.png

Topic No. 452 Alimony | Internal Revenue Service

Most All POLITICANS work for them self's, family, people in there own social class & those who give them money,. matters not if they are Republican or Democrat.

Lets raise taxes on the high income earners and corporations, increase regulations, mandate artificial wage hikes, expand entitlements at unaccountable levels, and invest in green projects that go nowhere except into the hands of cronies while energy prices "necessarily increase". What will happen to the jobs? What will happen to capital investment?

The best way to raise the minimum wage is to deport all the cheap labor illegal aliens that Democrats love so much. Having said that, trickle down was also an anti worker bunch of BS mainly pushed by the idiotic neocon establishment.

Who hires aliens unable to work in the US, and what impact would their termination have on our economy?

Consider:

8 Million People Are Working Illegally in the U.S. Here’s Why That’s Unlikely to Change.

Three New Ways for Congress to Legalize Illegal Immigrants

Trump's simplistic hate and fear immigration solution is harmful to people and to our economy.

The Economics and Policy of Illegal Immigration in the United States

Where is the evidence?

See and Read:

From this link:

All of CA and other Blue States with large urban areas were punished by Ryan and Trump. It's really that simple.

Yup.

but some seniors in the Bay Area will lose their homes when they cannot pay their real estate, St. income taxes and special district taxes, which go up annually.

They can sell their million dollar home and live somewhere less expensive.

Year one is only the beginning of how poorly most of us will be treated

Most of us?

Over the plan’s first five years, between 2018 and 2023, close to 75 percent of the new law’s tax cuts ($740 billion out of $1.07 trillion) will go to individuals, not corporations.

Wait, that refutes your previous claims.

The plan shaves a few percentage points off all rates except the bottom, which remains 10 percent. More salient for middle-income Americans are a big boost in the standard deduction, from $13,000 to $24,000 for married couples, and a doubling of the credit most families get for each school-age child, from $1,000 to $2,000.

Cutting my taxes....those bastards!!!

Deductions for …. alimony payments are also repealed.

View attachment 265978

Topic No. 452 Alimony | Internal Revenue Service

Don't cherry pick, you need to have posted this:

Where is the evidence?

LMAO go ahead post the Dem party top donor list. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back